Pebbles + the gangs great grub recipes

pebbles67

Gold Member
PEBBLES AND THE GANGS 'GREAT GRUB' RECIPES

I decided to start this recipe thread because, my thursday home weighers have been exchanging recipe ideas and every time we want to look at the recipe we have to trawl through the thread page after page. so here goes at trying to post them all here so we can find them easily.
:character00148:

page 1 -
syn free pancakes
broccoli and stilton soup
chickpea curry
quorn and pasta bake
jelly whip
kankles cheesy green day pasta
broccoli and macaroni cheese
pasta sauce
magic porridge
Barneys rice
kanks ma's chicken & bacon pate
aubergine moussaka rolls
watermelon tomato feta &mint salad
tracys oh so special garlic sauce
sophies ariba ariba mexican rice
susmurfs wrapped chicken.
miss hps pasta
tomato ketchup
tamarind chili chicken
chicken in a pot

thanks mrs wilsoncroft for her recipe.

♥ Syn Free Pancake ♥
So yummy & really tastes like your having something naughty to eat.

2 Eggs
Sweetener
Vanilla Essence
Toppings of your choice (I choose banana, strawberries & 1 tsp of honey for 1 syn)

Separate the eggs into two bowls - white and yolk.
Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.
Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.
frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

leave pancakes alone until you can slide a fishslice underneath and flip over, then when other side is cooked turn pancakes from pan onto plate.
Top with your favourite toppings and serve!
Makes a great dessert or snack!

BROCCOLI AND STILTON SOUP
- was well yummy. i had alot of stilton left over at christmas and it freezes very well, so in it went until i needed it.
syn free is using stilton as hex on green or 5.5 syns if not.

1 head of broccoli cut up into florets
1 onion chopped
1 potato chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
chicken bovril
ground pepper
28g stilton

chop veg and place in saucepan of water with chicken bovril (2tsp) to boil. use enough water to cover veg then add more later if soup is too thick.
leave to simmer, about 20 mins.
whizz up with a blender until smooth. while still hot stir in crumbled stilton until melted.
mmmmm mmmmmm

CHICKPEA CURRY
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp mustard seed
1 dried chili, or 1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander seed
1 tbsp salt, or to taste
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 cup canned tomatoes, roughly chopped
if you have any leftover carrots or other veg then add them in too.

Heat a large pot spray with fry light and add onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
  1. add all the spices to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  2. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. Serve with rice.

QUORN AND PASTA BAKE
(you can add another half of ingredients to get it up to serve 6.or double it and freeze. )

Servings | 4
Syns Per Serving | Green – ½ Syn**
** Add 3 Syns per serving if not using the cheddar as a Healthy Extra option

Ingredients
- 175gm (6oz) pasta shapes
- Fry Light
- 300gm Quorn mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tsp EPC Very Lazy garlic or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400gm can chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato puree (1 Syn)
- 1 beef stock cube (1 Syn)
- 150ml (¼pt) water
- 85gm (3oz) reduced calorie cheddar, grated

Method
1. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.

2. Fry the Quorn mince, onion and garlic in a large saucepan sprayed with Fry Light for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, puree, stock cube and water. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 15 minutes.

3. Stir in the pasta and heat through. Transfer to a heatproof dish, sprinkle with the cheese and place under a pre-heated grill until golden.

Last edited:
Aw, you little star to do this thread! I love the Thursday thread - just need to get in the habit of posting more! Although you'll find that most threads I post on it tends to be on or after midnight!

xx

Lovely, some good ideas thanks very much.

Good thread Pebbles :)

This one jumped out at me. I thought puree had syns.

FREE TOMATO KETCHUP

3 tbs tomato puree
3 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp sweetner
1/4 tsp salt (slightly more or less depending on taste)
pepper to taste

mix all together
nuke on full for 30 seconds to let flavours mix
tadaaa.... ketchup

dont need to use puree for the tomato ketchup
1tsp lazy garlic
2tsp cinammon
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp white pepper
4tbsp sweetener powder
255ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lee and perrins worcs sauce
2 large cans tomatoes
salt to season
can add like chilli powder if you want a bit of a kick for hot dogs etc but this makes at least a medium squeezy bottle full and I prefer the more traditional one.

Place all ingredients in saucepan and cook for about 40 mins.Allow to cool.put in food processor/liquidiser and blend until smooth.Sieve into bowl(doesn't take long). Put in jar/old ketchup squeezy bottle. I put it in dishwasher first to steralize it. Keep in fridge-last lot I made lasted over a month.

louisedan said:
dont need to use puree for the tomato ketchup
1tsp lazy garlic
2tsp cinammon
2 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp white pepper
4tbsp sweetener powder
255ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lee and perrins worcs sauce
2 large cans tomatoes
salt to season
can add like chilli powder if you want a bit of a kick for hot dogs etc but this makes at least a medium squeezy bottle full and I prefer the more traditional one.

Place all ingredients in saucepan and cook for about 40 mins.Allow to cool.put in food processor/liquidiser and blend until smooth.Sieve into bowl(doesn't take long). Put in jar/old ketchup squeezy bottle. I put it in dishwasher first to steralize it. Keep in fridge-last lot I made lasted over a month.

Sounds great but also very expensive to cook!

I have the pancakes for breaskfast this morning with ff greek yoghurt and pineapple, they were delicious

sausage casserole
green day if using quorn sausages, or syn your sausages, red if using chickpeas as heb or syns. extra easy syn free if using joes sausages, or syn sausages if not.
serves 4
fry light 12 sausages
1 onion sliced 410g can of chickpeas
350g jar passata 150ml chicken stock
1 garlic clove zest of small orange
2tbs chopped parsley

spray pan with fry light, fry sausages for 4 -5 mins until browned, remove from pan. cook onion in pan for 5 mins til soft. add a splash of water if starts to 'catch' add chickpeas, tomatoes, stock and bring to boil. return sausages to pan and simmer for 6 mins until sausages cooked through. scatter the garlic, orange zest and parsley, then serve.

pebbles67 said:
sausage casserole
green day if using quorn sausages, or syn your sausages, red if using chickpeas as heb or syns. extra easy syn free if using joes sausages, or syn sausages if not.
serves 4
fry light 12 sausages
1 onion sliced 410g can of chickpeas
350g jar passata 150ml chicken stock
1 garlic clove zest of small orange
2tbs chopped parsley

spray pan with fry light, fry sausages for 4 -5 mins until browned, remove from pan. cook onion in pan for 5 mins til soft. add a splash of water if starts to 'catch' add chickpeas, tomatoes, stock and bring to boil. return sausages to pan and simmer for 6 mins until sausages cooked through. scatter the garlic, orange zest and parsley, then serve.
http://www.minimins.com/attachments...e-weigh-home-thursday-wanna-post-poil-010.jpg

She's alive!!!!!!!!!!! All well toots, missed ya x

Hi k , sorry chick I've been on the old weigh in thread but not on this page or my diet diary. Works been mental with me doing a course too, I went off track a bit got fed up with certain things in here , but it's all sorted and on a mission to try and lose the stone I need to target . 5lb til 2 stone mark first tho. How are u doing? Xx

pebbles67 said:
Hi k , sorry chick I've been on the old weigh in thread but not on this page or my diet diary. Works been mental with me doing a course too, I went off track a bit got fed up with certain things in here , but it's all sorted and on a mission to try and lose the stone I need to target . 5lb til 2 stone mark first tho. How are u doing? Xx

Glad to hear ur sorted huni :) I'm doing good, broke thru into the 8's last week & was delighted! Really enjoying what I'm eating at the mo, hope it continues lol x

thanks to another sw minimins star for this recipe
butternut and sage risotto
1st chop a bns and roast in oven with some sage (can use dry sage)for about 30 mins or until soft

then in a pan fry an onion and a clove of garlic.when thats all softened add 300g risotto rice and keep topping up with some vegetable stock. I used 2 veg stock cube and a pint and half of water and kept topping up.

when bns is done , mash half and put it in with your rice and this will turn it a lovely yellowey orangey colour,keep topping up with stock untill rice is cooked,then when all stock is absorbed dish out and put remaining bns on top.

also really nice if grate hea of cheese on top.

image-3944928183.jpg

Last edited:
[

Tuna and pepper pasta bake
1 onion, 1 courgette, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 a green pepper.
garlic clove
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 heaped tsp of chicken bovril mixed with 100ml water
1 tsp of dried chilli flakes, oregano (i used dried)
454g tuna canned in brine
400g boiled pasta
salt and pepper
113g grated cheddar

serves 4 original and green = syn free
add 6 syns if not using tuna or pasta as HEB. add 6 syns if not using cheese as HEA. preheat oven to 200'c/ 400'f/ gas 6
chop onion, courgette and pepper and add to a frying pan sprayed with frylight. add garlic crushed and cook for 3-4 mins.

stir in tomatoes and bovril stock with chilli flakes and oregano, bring to boil and cook for 1-2 mins.

remove from heat, stir in tuna and pasta and season well. transfer to ovenproof dish, top with cheese and bake for 10 mins.

the girls at work liked it so much they took down the recipe. result!

new SW flan recipe

bit of a twist on the old slimming world flan. ham stilton and broccoli!
boil some broccoli florets for 6-8 mins
spray a flan dish with fry light and line with some smoked/dry cured ham, sliced spring onion
crumble 35g of stilton into a tub of quark
beat 3 eggs combine with the quark and pour over ham and onion. bake in oven 200/gas m 6 for 20-30 mins till golden.
extra tip crumble blue cheese into quark the
night before and leave in the fridge. quark takes on the flavour of any strong cheese and makes a lovely dip too!
enjoy!:)

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft. then blend or leave chunky if you prefer

:sick0019::sign0131:

just made some quiches too.
i tried cathiec receipe but couldnt get anymore quark so i stuck with cottage cheese this time. i used the usual recipe for the filling of 4 eggs and tub of cottage cheese whisked up. with 1 half i crumbled stilton into it with chopped broccoli and laid ham on the base then poured the mix on top to give me ham stilton and broccoli quiche.

then the remaining half i added flaked salmon fillet with broccoli. they are both yummy and have cut them up into pieces for tomorrows lunches.

tomato & courgette soup
6 tomatoes
1 onion, 1 courgette
tsp garlic granules,
salt and pepper
couple sprigs of thyme.
2 chicken stock cube, 1 pint water.

these were bits i had in the fridge and threw them in a pan to simmer. then blitz up in blender. dont forget to remove thyme stalks, and i left tom skins in but next time i'll remove them before blitzing.

then set to on making tea. OH has been craving a mixed grill so he won the vote.

ok so this was
2 ww sausages (0.5 syns each)
quorn burger (free) with 1 hea cheese
chicken breast with chilli and garlic granules (free)
grilled tomatoes
sw chips (1heb)
mushrooms and onions cooked in 100ml water and a tsp marmite then a tablespoon from packet sauce mix for mushrooms (1.5 syns).
cauliflower cheese with the creamiest sauce ever (1.5 syns plus 1 hea)

gosh so filling. its the best cauliflower cheese and i make this sauce for pasta too.

cauliflower cheese
1 cauliflower
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 pint veg stock
1oz flour
salt and pepper
4oz cheese grated

boil cauliflower for 7 mins til just tender
mix veg stock and flour together then heat in a saucepan until starts to thicken, add half the cheese stir until melted. remove from heat add mustard, salt and pepper.
drain cauliflower and pour over the sauce, then carefully stir until well coated, transfer to ovenproof dish. top with remaining grated cheese and pop into oven until melted.

serves 4, 1.5 syns for the flour, add 6 syns if not using cheese as hea.

Last edited:
banoffee pie sw stylie

pudding was my take on banofffee pie. i took a weight watchers biscuit (2syns) and crumbled half of it into a glass then mixed a butterscotch sugar free angel delight (4.5 for a serving, 4 servings per pack) then sliced some banana on top and sprinkled with the remaining half a biscuit. it was 6.5 syns but it was lovely and made a real treat. i had made a syrup sponge and custard for the kids so it was nice to sit and eat something sweet and nice rather than a coffee or a muller.

tofu chocolate pudding
and dont be put off by the tofu - it works i promise.
so 1 box of silken tofu which is usually found near tins of lentils beans etc or if you cant get it, try it with the chilled version.
mix it with 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder or options and 2 teaspoons of sweetner. then mix with a blender to get a really silky smooth finish. must be blended or its not right.

there are lots of threads on here about the pudding and the only syns are what you add to the tofu. some have added orange essence to get a terrys choc orange fix, so if you like it, its worth a search to see what else you can do with it. there is also a peanut butter tart on here which i like the sound of too. so i may make that this weekend.
i dare you to hate it!
sorry no picture- it didnt last long enough to warm up the flash. lol.:p:eatdrink051:

syn free bbq sauce

1 chopped onion,
half teaspoon chilli powder
227ml passata
3 tbsp sweetner
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
half teaspoon mustard powder
fry light the onions and chilli for 5 mins, stir in other ingredients and simmer for 10 mins. freezer friendly.

i used the original recipe of 1 tsp of chilli powder but my god it blew my socks off and ruined the taste of the sauce, so i added a whole carton of passata to tone it down and it still was too overpowering. so i have cut the recipe to half tsp. i suggest you try half then taste it and adjust if you need to.

yummy baa steaks
i bought 2 lamb steaks which were reduced from £4.20 to £2, and put a teaspoon of mint sauce over them, some rosemary and sprayed them with a little fry light into a dish. next to them i put 2 large flat cap mushrooms with a dollop of garlic and herb philadelphia and then a small handful of kerry low low grated cheese on top.(1hea) popped all into oven for 20 mins or so. i then made my super duper extra special and very famous cauliflower cheese (1/2 syn for the flour in the sauce). with green beans and syn free gravy

kankles heres the pizza my lovely.

it was really nice.
sw syn free pizza (green day)
i used;
a packet of mr mash
garlic granules
parmesan (14g)
toppings of choice

i mixed the mr mash with some boiling water, i just kept adding a little at a time to make a dough.
then i added some garlic granules and half a portion of parmesan cheese. then sprayed a pizza dish with fry light and pressed it into the dish as thin as possible, then rolled it to smooth it down.

popped it into the oven and baked it for about 15 mins until it was golden brown, then it turned over onto the other side really easily and baked again.
when done i smeared some passata over it, then topped with oregano, sweetcorn, mushrooms, tomatoes, low low cheese (2 hex's), courgettes,and peppers.
baked until cheese was melted.
it was really nice - next time will use mozarella and pepperoni and sin the pepperoni. it cut easily into 8 pieces. you cant tell its smash, its like a crispy pastry.

give it a go. well worth it.

soup
4 sprays of frylight in the saucepan
1 onion, cook for a couple of mins
Add 2 sweet potatoes and 2 carrots
Season
Add mixed dried herbs
Sprinkle in some ground cumin
Pour in 1 pint of veg stock made with 2 veg oxo cubes
Bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins

When cool blitz with blender

I found it a bit thick so added about half a pint of water

thanks magsmith for this one;

This is a really filling soup.
RED KIDNEY BEAN SOUP

Ingredients
1 Large onion
1 Head celery
1 Red pepper
2 Cloves garlic (optional)
1 Large can tomatoes
1 Can kidney beans
3 tbsp tomato puree
100g red lentils
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
2 pints vegetable stock
1 Can sweetcorn

Chop all fresh veg. Just cover with water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except sweetcorn. Bring to boil and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in sweetcorn to heat through. Season with freshly ground pepper to serve.

and the missus for this one.

Cheesy Potato Croquettes
Serves 2
Approx 0.5-1 syn per serving
Uses 2 x HExA (1 HExA per serving)

Ingredients

6 maris piper potatoes
82g of low fat cheddar cheese or 56g cheddar
2 butterbuds (optional) (1 syn)
dried/fresh chives
1 packet Ainsley Harroit Roasted Veg Couscous (0.5 syns)

Method

Peel and chop spuds, boil in salted water until soft.
Transfer to mixing bowl, add seasoning, butterbuds, grated cheese and chives.
Mash thoroughly

Make up couscous as directed in a bowl or jug (170ml of boiling water, leave for 5 mins then fluff).

When couscous is cooked, spread some out on a dinner plate.
Take a small handful of mash mixture and roll in clean hands to form a croquette shape.

Roll the potato in the couscous making sure everywhere is coated. The couscous will stick to the mash.

Spray a baking tray with frylight then add the coated croquettes to the baking tray and spray the tops and sides with frylight.

Repeat until mash and couscous are gone.

Cook on gas mark 6 for about 30-40 mins.

Croquettes should go firm and crispy and golden brown as pictured.
Attached Thumbnails

Spiced Carrot Soup

green or extra easy 1syn for the lot

Serves 2

Freezing recommended

1 tsp cumin seeds
350g carrots, diced
150g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree (1syn)

600ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper

In a small heavy based pan, toast the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until you begin to smell the aroma of the spice. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, tomato puree and stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Blend the soup until smooth and add the toasted cumin seeds. Season to taste & serve.

and from 27858

CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM SOUP
Serves 2

Milk from HEA or syns

Low fat cooking spray
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
300g button mushrooms chopped
500ml skimmed milk (use from HEA, or syn)
2 slices dried porcini mushrooms
2x 400g cans butter beans drained & rinsed
1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme chopped
small bunch fresh parsley or thyme chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper

1) spray large non stick pan with low fat cooking spray gently fry onion & garlic for a minute.
2) add the butter mushrooms fry for a few minutes on high heat once the mushrooms start to look cooked add the milk,porcini mushrooms,beans & thyme.
3) scrape any bits that have caught on the bottom of pan into the soup.
4)bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes then liquidise taste and adjust the seasoning it necessary.
5) sprinkle with the fresh parsley or thyme to serve.
enjoy

from honey

Carrot and corriander soup
IMGA0412.jpg

1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
450g/1lb carrots, chopped
1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

gently soften in frylight the onion and garlic. add the carrots and soften. Add the stock and bring to boil. cover and simmer until carrots tender.
partially blitz with hand blender, then add coriander and briefly blitz again. season and serve

kankles- 'i miss her so much' red lentil & veg soup.
Free on green or EE (serves 5-6)

Ingredients
1 cup red lentils
2 packs asda fresh stew pack
Chicken or Veg stock
2-3 large potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste

Method
1. Put all ingredients into a large saucepan
2. Cover with water
3. Bring to boil
4. Simmer for 2-3 hrs
5. Blitz in a blender

kankles banoffee desserts
Melt 4 alpen light choc & fudge bars in microwave for 20 second

Split into 4 small desert glass dish & press down hard to make a base

Mix a Sainburys or birds sugar free banofee angel delight mixture

Stir in chopped bananas

Pour on top of the alpen bars

Put in fridge to set

sues rice pudding- cos i want to try it this week;
Slow cooker rice pudding - 6 syns the lot or a HE A section on Extra Easy and Green plans

200g/7oz uncooked short grained pudding rice
450ml water
3 eggs, beaten
350ml skimmed milk mixed with 100ml cold water (1 HE A or 6 syns)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp low salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
sweetner to taste

Place rice and 450ml water into a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

Set slow cooker to high and pour in the milk and water mix, the beaten eggs, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract and the
cooked rice. Mix, place on the lid and cook for 2 hours.

The mixture should look like it has set, give it a stir and add enough sweetner to taste. (If you add the sweetner earlier
it tastes bitter)

Gorgeous hot, and blumming out of this world cold with a muller light summer fruits mixed in!

a cheeky little chicken and mushroom curry.
2 garlic cloves crushed,

2 onions chopped
2 handfuls mushrooms quartered
half red pepper, half green pepper (cos thats all i had.
1 tsp coriander/ cumin / paprika/ curry powder
tin of tomatoes,
1tsp sweetener
chicken stock cube with 250 ml water
chicken or prawns whatever you fancy i used 3 chicken breasts.
tsp curry paste if you have some, dont worry if not.

fry garlic and onion in fry light til soft, add spices then fry for a minute more, add mushrooms, peppers, then chicken. fry for 4-5 mins then add tomatoes and a tsp sweetener. i used a curry paste which is only 30 calories for a whole pack and what i used was negligible. add chicken stock cube and simmer for 20 mins. add some chopped coriander before serving.

lovely jubbly mrs bubbly.

would do it on a green day next time so we can have rice as i was still a little peckish after my bowl.

egg fried chicken rice,
i used a packet of savoury rice because id run out of basmati rice. cooked it in the rice cooker - dead simple then allowed it to cool.
heat pan with fry light and add 2 beaten eggs, allow to set then scrape them about with a spatula to break it up then add the savoury rice to the pan. add some bits of cooked chicken which you have split into shreds. ( i buy ready cooked chicken from iceland, 4 breasts for £3. stir fry til heated through.

sweet and sour chicken and veg.
this looks watery in the picture but it really wasnt.

i sliced the carrot on a grater and blanched it in hot water for 2 mins with half a red pepper. mix with spring onion chopped, then some chopped into chunks chicken. (again i used ready cooked for quickness but if raw then stir fry for longer.) i added a sweet and sour mix in a packet from aldi with about 250ml water , i used half the pack at 80 cals then it served 2 of us so thats 41 cals (2 syns) simmer for 10 mins.
would be nice too with some pineapple added and some water chestnuts but i just didnt have them.

then the veg and noodle in oyster sauce.
chopped up an onion, some broccoli florets into bite sized pieces, mushrooms, green pepper, add to a frylight pan. add garlic granules, some soy sauce (dash dash dash) then 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce at (1.5syns) add 2 packs of stir fry noodles and stir fry for 5 mins.

this made easily 2 large portions and some left over

chicken tikka
made using 5 chicken thighs still with bone in but skin removed. i bought a tikka mix from the local asian minimarket and it was just a dried mix, so no syns. it asked for butter or ghee to be added which i didnt and it was still flipping gorgeous.
i had to add lemon juice of 2 lemons (which i dont use, i use the bottled lemon juice much better) garlic paste and ginger paste or lazy ginger whatever youve got. i used a tsp of each and 1/3 of the packet.
yummtiddlyscrum

very easy -
Courgette Frittata

Syns: Free on Green
2 HExA for whole dish
Serves 2-4
Ingredients

4 eggs
84g low fat cheddar cheese
2 baby courgettes (or 1 normal size)
2-3 medium potatoes
1/2 red pepper
1 small onion
Frylight

Method

Peel and thinly slice the potatoes, place slices in a microwavable bowl with a little water in the bottom, cover and cook on full power for approx 7 minutes until tender.

Spray a nonstick frying pan with frylight and heat up.
Peel and slice the courgette, onion and red pepper and fry until tender.
Add in potatoes and fry for a few more mins and mix with the veg/onions.
Mix 4 eggs in a jug and add half the grated cheese and pour over the veg/potato mix in the pan.

Fry until the bottom starts to set then place pan under a grill until the top sets and is firm to the touch.

Add the remaining cheese and grill for a few more mins until the cheese bubbles.

Serve with salad or slice into wedges and have a piece as a tasty snack.

quiche flavour for green days.

it was lovely,

3 eggs beaten
1 tub of cottage cheese
2 medium potatoes sliced
tub of low low spread
courgette
peas
sweetcorn

i put the sliced potato into a microwave dish with a little water and blasted it for 7 mins.then laid into bottom of a flan dish. slice the courgette and mushroom and blast in micro too for 3 mins.then arrange on top of potatoes, throw in a handful of sweetcorn and a handful of peas. melt the low low so its easier to pour. then add to beaten egg and mix in cottage cheese. pour over the potato mixture and bake for 20-25 mins or until brown and cooked.
delicious warm or cold.

home made pate-so simple and beautiful.

chicken and bacon pate
tub of chicken livers (frozen section)
5 rashers bacon
1 onion

defrost the livers, saute the onion in frylight then add the bacon, after 1 minute add the livers.
when all cooked through, blitz in a blender and serve .
bloody gorgeous!

almost syn free scotch eggs
mixed a packet of joes sausagemeat with a chopped onion , teaspoon of mixed herbs and a splodge of ketchup. boiled 5 eggs then peeled them and wrapped them in sausagemeat mixture. and into oven for 20 mins - and they were gorgeous, delicious and divine.
stupidly didnt take a picture. derrrrr!!!!

sw beef burgers with a babybel light in the middle and they were really nice. i mixed mince with a beaten egg, some mixed herbs, a little paprika, some dijon mustard, a handful of chopped pickled gherkins and formed them around a babybel light then popped into oven for 15-20 mins.

Back