Pedicure question

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've never had a pedicure done before until today. But I'm not sure if it was any good.

I soaked my feet in a spa she dried them, then cut my toe nails, pushed back the cuticles cut the skin off making a few of them bleed.

I thought that they remove any hard skin from my heels etc which I was hoping for as I can't reach my feet with my huge baby belly.

Should she have pummiced my feet???

When u have a pedicure what does it entail??

Maybe try another lady, and ask her to "grate" your heels!
But I agree with Loungelizard, she shouldn't have made you bleed!

making your cuticles bleed is a sign of a poor pedicurist/someone not paying attention. When I have had a pedicure, they have always done the rough skin.

Ouch sounds like she wasnt focused on the job ... I would ask around your friends and see if they can recommend someone or go back to the shop and ask to see the manager, tell them that you were not happy with the outcome and voice your expectations, it could be that she did a "standard pedi" and maybe you needed a "deluxe" ... they may have different scales of pedis with different prices.
Over here I get a pedi every 3 weeks, I need it this often as I live in flip flops and don't wear "proper" shoes hardly at all .... its bliss, first of all feet get soaked in a spa tub with salts in them to soften them and clean them, then the remove any polish cut nails and remove cuticles ( with no bleeding) before filing them and soaking them again. Then they remove all hard skin including the heels and soak again before drying and buffing them. Once dry I have a bag with hot parafin wax put on for a few mins which keeps the skin soft, while this is working its magic they give a leg massage then they rinse and dry before painting my nails ..I always have french polish. While this is being done I have someone else doing my eyebrow wax and my nails ending with a parafin wax treatment on my hands.....they also provide a full body massage chair and if my feet are done before my hands Lisa ( my pedi lady) gives me a neck and shoulder massage... buy the time I come out I am floating on air...

Mrs Harley, your post sounds like bliss :)

Mrs H thats what I would've loved. I've only 5 wks to baby arrives & thought I'd treat myself as never had one before & my heels have really dry skin, she never touched them. Thats the only pedi they do, no deluxe or anything. They did my legs/bikini/brows which r great but then another girl did my feet.

She pushed back cuticles then used some little scissor things of cut the skin leaving a few toes bleeding. They're ok but I paid £22 for it.

She pushed back cuticles then used some little scissor things of cut the skin leaving a few toes bleeding. They're ok but I paid £22 for it.

Thats not right hunny! go back and complain, and then play the pregnant emotional card. :eek:) Glad to hear your wax was okay and that your no longer hairy :D

xxx

My EX was a podiatrist (Chiropodist) and she used to do my feet and never once made my cuticles bleed, she used a dremil to take some of the hard skin of my heels but I'd had enough when she took the scalpal out to trim the rest :stinkyfeet::nono:.

Thats not right hunny! go back and complain, and then play the pregnant emotional card. :eek:) Glad to hear your wax was okay and that your no longer hairy :D

xxx

I'm gonna go back this afternoon.
I'm no longer a hairy bear lol

Mrs H thats what I would've loved. I've only 5 wks to baby arrives & thought I'd treat myself as never had one before & my heels have really dry skin, she never touched them. Thats the only pedi they do, no deluxe or anything. They did my legs/bikini/brows which r great but then another girl did my feet.

That is defo not right, your cuticles should never bleed, £22 is a lot of money to pay when you are not happy with the outcome....have you been to the salon before, was it recomended?
Let us know how you got on and put the word about that you got Sh** service from them

I went back this afternoon & spoke with the manager. I got a refund & £10 voucher.

Mrs H - its opened about 6 mths & it's local thats why I thought I'd go there as struggling now to travel too far on the bus, also H had son & I needed to be quick as H works nites & needed to sleep.

The girl was turkish so think there is a language problem there...

I went back this afternoon & spoke with the manager. I got a refund & £10 voucher.

Mrs H - its opened about 6 mths & it's local thats why I thought I'd go there as struggling now to travel too far on the bus, also H had son & I needed to be quick as H works nites & needed to sleep.

The girl was turkish so think there is a language problem there...

I'm glad you spoke to the Manager and you got a good result...I am sure that if/when you go back you will be treated like a queen and will get the results you want.....

Back