Peer Pressure Eating??....

sandyk

Does anyone else suffer from peer pressure or what I call 'social' eating??

I think it's my biggest downfall food wise....I completely lose control when I'm at a party/bbq or just have friends over for nibbles...The weekend just gone, we had friends staying for the weekend, and I literally ate for England (and Ireland, Scotland and Wales)... Pizza, giant Toblerones, brownies, cooked breakfasts all made an appearance - topped off by a Chinese takeaway last night...It's actually mindless the way I gorge when I'm socializing, and I really don't know how to stop it!

I can be positively angelic within my normal routine, and can pretty much cut out all junk if I want to...but once I'm with friends it all goes out the window!!

Does anyone have any tips for helping with this? We have a lot of guests staying over the course of the summer and I'm really worried I'm gonna cancel out all the exercise and healthy eating I do mon-friday and put on weight... I feel so weak at the moment:cry:

I fully understand this, as I am very similar. I dont really know the answer, but maybe if you could pop on Minis as often as poss it would help?

Wish you all the best with your challenges ahead!

agreed with above post , this place is great at motivation and support and id be lost without it!! ive lost 80lbs and i have to say i cant see myself without this place and the new friends ive made... if i feel like ill cheat my freinds here make me see im only cheating myself and my friends in real will be more proud of me saying no to stuff id usually say yes to

x

my only advice is to be prepared, have plenty og healthy snacks around. whenever we used to have friends here for the weekend i would stock up on nibbles and chees etc to have with drinks , and cooked brekkies etc. now we still do it but i tend to buy less of the rich stuff and go for things like dips with veg sticks as well as crisps. we only have a cooked breakfast one morning not both,i dont buy puds anymore cos half the time everyone was too full and then i eat them wehn they've gone. i just try to balance things out as best ican. its so easy to have people visiting be an excuse to go crazy, nowadays i still enjoy myself but in modesty

Back