people going on atkins from this

missjam

id just like to know, by going on an atkins style diet after exante would you still maintain/lose weight.... ive always been scared of the whole idea of eating full fat mayo and all of that fried fat. Convinced myself that when i came off cambridge that if i tried atkins id gain my weight back super fast since we have been low calorie. any help?

Chances are there will be an initial gain but as soon as your body adjusts to the change in calories that will soon disappear. Quak who lost loads of weight on Exante can now be found on the Atkins board and she has no problems maintaining with it.

Lol i used to have gallstones so u dont wana have one of those attacks, nasty! thankfully got my gallbladder out now haha

I was thinking of doing Atkins afterwards as well. I love the idea of being able to eat meat, cheese and eggs!!!! nyum!

I had my gall bladder out to, oh my goodness the attacks were so bad, mine burst in the end :( Not nice! I do though remember the Dr telling me not to go crazy and eat all the foods I couldn't as you can still get liver stones?! Never heard of that! And erm...sadly did not listen to him and went crazy filling my face with cake and pastries lol!

I think though with ANY diet change where you leave the VLCD aspect of exante that you will see a small gain as stores are replenished etc but sticking to the plan you have chosen would take care of that I would think. Well I hope! I am hoping to go to calorie controlled near the end of my diet but I am going to always keep low carb, even if I have the calories left over for a loaf of bread..lol..I will steer clear because exante has taught me how much alert I feel when not in a carb fog!

Anyone can get gallstone, that has lost 1½ stone + in weight, fast or slow. Just think eating lots of fat with this in mind, is asking to for gall-stone trouble in the short term. Same as eating any high fat meal, after weight lost.

Oh wow, so does weight loss bring on gallstone problems? That's weird because at the time mine burst (even with "tiny stones" they said) I was at my lowest ever weight since starting dieting on a calorie controlled diet. 12 stone from nearly 15 stone, then WHAM hit with the gallbladder bursting. Though saying that, I did use to have attacks before and during losing weight...hmmm interesting..

You can have gallstones even if you don't lose weight or have a weight problem

I may offend some here but I personally think the Atkins (although it works) is not the best way of eating, your body needs fresh fruit and veg, fats are called that for a reason and a well balanced variety of foods will feed your body in a way it needs.

Lecture over, this is only my personal opinion and I apologise if anyone is offended xx

I may offend some here but I personally think the Atkins (although it works) is not the best way of eating, your body needs fresh fruit and veg, fats are called that for a reason and a well balanced variety of foods will feed your body in a way it needs.

Lecture over, this is only my personal opinion and I apologise if anyone is offended xx

i absolutely agree i would never swap to atkins as although you can lose weight i just dont think all that fat is good for you and its not just about losing weight its about being healthy and i dont think its teaching you to make the right choices.

also my mum is having alot of trouble with kidney stones atm and shes always been slim.

I don't think you offend anyone, its good I think to talk about all aspects of diets, its helps people make informed choices.

I have done the atkins in the past and I can tell you though that its not a case of just living off fat. The fats that are consumed are healthy fats, olive oil, butter etc much better then the scientific plastic stuff sold under the guise of "low fat". The atkins is a LOT of healthy veg and whilst fruits are somewhat limited due to the natural sugars in them which can sabotage any diet, they are encouraged after a time.

The calories in fruit is scary :eek: I learnt that from doing calorie controlled! I thought I was being such a good girl munching on grapes, oranges etc! Grapes are sneaky little blighters and really pack a punch calorie wise lol But in moderation they are just fine and much needed just as the atkins promotes to.

Atkins actually is quite a natural diet, most foods have not been "tampered" with in a lab. Meats, fats, veg etc are mostly consumed in a raw state, by that I mean none of the glup added that today's processed offerings usually have.

Whilst it is low carb, the carbs that are consumed on the atkins come from healthy sources such as the veg rather then a chunk of bread ( with how many additives and preservatives in? :eek:) or a big bowl of pasta!

It works in the same way as us now doing exante yet atkins followers just get to choose how they get their nutrients whereas ours comes in handy little space packs :D

x

I think when I am done with this, I will go one a lower carb diet. A low fat one though, like beans chicken fish. Lower than what I was doing before. Maybe no heavy carb meals at night, but protein and veg rather than lots of carbs. I think I am carb sensitiveness as well, as after eating bread or potato I feel very sluggish.

Back