People starting LL in March...

Welcome LittleBlue & Bumpy B :scale:

How are you both getting on?

What sort of weekend have we all had?

Any temptations?

I had a lovely vanillia mouse for breakfast in bed as part of Mothers Day. It was really nice and I may well have one later.

Went out last night with boozy mates and had x3 soda waters with St Clements - again very nice. Did miss the meal at the end of the evening, but hey I did it!

:eat:

Hi Sam, Ive had a up and down weekend really.Had the dreaded headaches yesterday also with achey feeling,last night had the most weirdest dreams , today I do feel slightly better.I have noticed that my sence of taste is sooo much stronger than usual.I had the a vanilla pack for breakfast and made crisps for my lunch out of a chicken pack and they turned out lovely, in all with the very very frequent trips to the loo better than I expected.I used to suffer from the most awful heartburn, likely cause was the rubbish I used to put in my mouth, I havent had any heartburn for 3 days noiw which is fab for me.

Hi, can you tell me what ketosis is I have read about it here but am baffled, am I right in saying I can start on the bars next week(week 2)

Hello,
I started Lighter life this morning, having trouble drinking all the water, and still have 2 litres left to drink. Just tried the muffin, because i was craving something other than liquid, but i dont think it went quite right!

Ive also experienced mid day nausea, did anyone else have this?

Thanks for all the inspiration, im going to check back here as much as i can!!

Ria xx

Hi SoonBe, I have had a good weekend. My OH and I went out for coffee on Saturday, he had chocolate cake (how supportive lol) but I wasn't tempted by it. Well done for resisting temptation also :)

Hi Bumpy Bean, Glad to hear the heartburn has gone! Well my understanding of ketosis is, it means your body is burning your fat for energy but the brain needs a different type of fuel to work so it makes ketones to feed it. (Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong anybody)

Good Luck to everyone for their weigh-ins this week :) Mine is Tuesday and hoping to lose at least 4lbs to take me over the 'one stone gone' mark.

Hi and Welcome Ria, I also struggled with the water but I bought the flavourings and that has helped me to get through it. Only experienced a bit of nausea when I was having two soups a day as I found them hard to stomach. I had slight headaches and was tired in my first week, I'm happy to report Week 2 has been better.

BumpyBean, I have heard some counsellors give out the bars at different times (some day 4, some week 2). Our counsellor said she went to a meeting the other week and they told her we could have them from day 4 so when I went to my first pop-in I could exchange some packs for bars. But you should definately be allowed them in week 2. Our counsellor says we are only allowed 7 in a week. Is this the same for everyone?

Welcome LittleBlue &
Went out last night with boozy mates and had x3 soda waters with St Clements - again very nice. Did miss the meal at the end of the evening, but hey I did it!

Well done SoonBe :D

Hello,
I started Lighter life this morning, having trouble drinking all the water, and still have 2 litres left to drink. Just tried the muffin, because i was craving something other than liquid, but i dont think it went quite right

:wavey: Hi Ria, welcome to Minimins :) I found having the water flaourings a lot easier to drink the water. I also have it hot as I can't stomach tea without milk and sugar.

Our counsellor says we are only allowed 7 in a week. Is this the same for everyone?

That is same for our group. I *think* you can only have one bar a day as they contain slightly more carbs and calories which can take you out of ketosis.

I tried making crisps again today and it ended in disaster . . . again!! How does everyone else makes theirs?

Hi Steph,

I mix a soup packet with water to make a thick paste. I then spoon small amounts onto some cling film, I put them in a circle round the edge as I find in the microwave the ones int he middle burn before the outer ones cook. Then I put on for 40 secs on high, Check them then another 20 secs, check them if they are still a bit soft then another 10 secs and keep going like that til they are just starting to turn a little brown. Hope that helps

Thanks Samantha will have another attempt tomorrow. I haven't tried putting them on cling film, just been putting them on a plate.

Good Luck Steph, It says on my recipe sheet to put them on parchment paper but my counsellor said she uses cling film and that works ok for me.

Still on track, but for some reason found today the hardest day so far.
Failed in every attempt to cook packs, crisps were soggy and too strong flavour, muffin was chewy, but not in a good way!

hi everyone im a new arrival

:wave_cry: I am new to using these sights so please bear with me, i started lighter life yesterday morning,:p i have to say that it is quite hard abstaining from food and wine!:cry: i just hope the end result will be worth it,

Hi Angelxx I started LL last wed went to drop in meeting on sat and I have lost 10lbs in 3 days .
Mandy.

:wow:Thats great Hopefilly! Doesn't it make it all worth while :)

Hi angel, don't worry the weight loss you get from LL is worth it :)

Hi Samantha it really does make it worthwhile seeing the weight come off so quickly is such a help.

Hi all! Am back from hol & it's official - I aint never gonna be an olympic skiier!! Gave up skking on day 3! Scary stuff & too many people with breakages walking about!! Start in 2 days so will sped next 2 days clearing the house and getting ready! All feels slightly odd having had such a lead up but looking forward to starting! Good to read all prev posts & welcome new people! Re the bars you can only have 1 a day as the side effects are worrying if you have more - assume they contain some kind of laxative! Nough said!! Great to read all the progress and see how people are getting on!!

:wavey: welcome back In Search Of Me.

I finally figured out how to make crisps and they are great :D I'm dreading Wednesdays weight in though as I haven't had all my packs :( I fudged three of them up trying to makes crisps and three of them were the nut crunch bars :jelous: I just could not eat them.

Steph just read your blog - NO giving up! YOu CAN do this and lets face it you've paid a bomb to do it so just stick with it & join us on the path to wonderfullness! Am stuck among a pile of washing and just been to tesco for some food before I start on Thurs am - weigh in Weds night & I now dont have to go away Thurs so will be easier plus I have Friday off...Got some water in, 2 blenders (1 for work & 1 for home) and some nice turquoise glasses from Tesco...hang in there all! We'll do it!

Hello :wavey: I'm back in work so not been able to keep up with you all. I've stuck to the foodpacks and drunk nearly 6 litres of water already today and have a soup and a shake to have later.

Woke up before the alarm went off at 4.45am this morning and don't have the groggy, hungover feeling anymore, which is great.

Hope everyone else is doing well :D

Back