People starting LL in March...

ISOM,
I'll third the sentiments above, hope the reintroduction to food has gone well and that you're feeling better. Good luck with your WW journey, it was v.good the last time I did it and the literature on food/feelings relationship etc has increased from what I remember which is good. You have been a complete inspiration with your 100% attitude especially thru your low loss weeks. Wishing you much success with the rest of your journey, keep us posted. x

Just been reading this from when I started LL in March last year (was Katie_Oxo) ---- really makes you realise what a bad idea it was giving up on LL, if I hadn't I'd have been at goal by now.

2nd time around really will be my time :D

Okay - time to fess up. The week from hell and I put on the whole 8lbs I lost last week. felt so ashamed I really didn't want to go to group last night BUT I went and feel determined to get back n track this week...

That was really brave of you going knowing you had put on weight. It shows you are determined. Go for it girl you can do it.

Hello, anyone still here? i have been avoiding coming back on as I am not terribly proud of myself, after having done well in foundation.
I am still on the programme, as a refresher since December, but am exactly the same as I was when I left development in October! I went into development in June and have played around for months now, losing a little, putting a little on, losing it again.. and so on. I am still 4 stone down on this time last year- but I could have been at goal if I had stuck with it!
Anyway this is it, I am back on here and back to my class tomorrow with greater resolve. If any of you March starters are still around, how are you doing?

Hi Little Blue - I remember you from last year, I was a March starter .... I was Katie_Oxo but when I tried to come back I couldn't get in on that name so had to start again!

I'm like you that I could have been at goal if I'd have stuck to it but I just gave up and unlike you I piled the weight on. I then decided after New Year that I didn't want to carry on like this so I rejoined LL and now tonight after 4 weeks I've lost 23lbs and am so happy.

I'm really glad that you're going back to it - you'll be so glad you did.

hey guys am new started LL on monday so 5 days in!, had my first 'starving day' today which made me a royal pain in the behind to everyone around me but mum kicked me back in line :/ iv found a good distraction technique to be looking on ebay at all the couture dresses that only come in teeny tiny sizes and picking the ones i want and in a few months can fit in to, then looking for a pair of jimmy choo's that will go with it ;) time flys when your having fun right? weirdly enough though what im missing the most is chewing gum, can anyone tell me why i cant have it?, i forgot to ask my councellor.

luv, support and skinny hugs to everyone starting and to all those helping
toothpaste xxxx

Hi lb im still here back on food i left LL last sept. without doing rtm and am doing ok still managing to keep the weight off but still fight with it every day x

Hi Little Blue and Katie , I remember you from last March , God its nearly a year ago cant quite believe it. I hope someone remembers me, isnt it great that this thread is still here? All down to ISOM who started it, She went to WW last I heard hope she is achieveing what she wanted to do , as along with others from this thread including you both were my virtual friends and inspiration all through foundation. It would have been a lonely place to be last year without you all on minis, as when you follow foundation to the letter which I did last year you have to kinda give up lot of everything else, including having a life it seemed at times.
Well Little blue my story is similar to yours , I finished foundation 4 stone 4 down , then left and joined Cambridge, lost throughout the summer to get to within a stone of my goal but then kinda lost the plot as the Autumn came in. I looked and felt great and I think I lost sight of my goal and have messed about a bit since then and now find myself really struggling to shift the weight I have gained over the last few months. Why is it so hard this time , really wish I hadnt got complacent when I was so near my goal . To be be fair I think I had just about had enough and although I looked great I wasnt that thrilled with how my poor old naked body looked after losing 6 stones in 6 months, I looked deflated and old and I didnt like it.
I think subconciously because I looked OK in my clothes , but a bit battle scarred without them I listened to the people saying youve done enough , you will be too thin etc.But I think it is really important to get to the goal you set and that was my problem, its so easy to slip back and gain a stone.
I am determined to get to a BMI of 25 this time and I know in my heart Ketosis is the way to do it , but I think I am scared to go back to it and keep sabotaging myself. I will follow this thread and hope it helps me get back 'into the Zone; where I was this time last year so I can complete my weight loss journey properly and stop messing about for good.
Good Luck everyone , friends old and new, we can do it !

Hi Heaven yes I remember you - good to 'see' you again though wish you didn't need to come back.

You can do it again - luckily I'm proof of that at the moment .... I've got my 6th weigh in tonight and if I can lose 2lbs then that's 2 stone gone in 6 weeks.

Looking at your ticker you've got 21lbs to go so hopefully that will be gone in no time as long as you get right back into it...... and there are loads of people on minimins who will support you as you do ;)

As for ISOM she'd taken up running the last time she updated her blog, hope all is still going great for her.

I have been joined in my refreshers group by a friend- in fact the one who inspired me to join LL in the first place, so have got an added incentive to stick to the plan. We share lifts (which means I can't stop for food on my way home from LL, a habit I had got into!!)and a bit of competition is spicing things up a bit!

Hi There , i started LL Last Saturday so am well into my first week, i have had good days and bad although i think with me it is habit and i need to keep myself busy, the comments have hellped and i know i will feel sooo good if i can just stick at it, but i find that i try and talk myself out of it on occasions so at the moment i am trying to deal with that. You all sound so confident and it is helping to read all your thoughts and feeling. I have no energy whatsoever today ,,,,,,,feel like a dead weight...i had awfull haedached on day one and two but was at home so okay! Not sure if i will make three months???/

You have to be positive its only 3 months you must believe that you will stick it out xx.

hi everyone,

Am starting LL on Thursday.... am really excited but nervous about maybe feeling ill for the first week or so !!

Has anyone any tips for me ?? I've heard that the water helps!

Am off work next week and am hoping that i'll feel ok for when i have to go back!!

I'm new to this site....well all of this posting thingy-majig!! ...so please stick with me.

Everyone is so inspirational....it's FAB

Lulu... drink as much water as you can... in my humble opinion... the more you drink the more you shrink :D Work out a plan to have your four packs when it suits you, not when you feel you SHOULD have them :) The first two or three days are the worse when you are working towards ketosis... after that it's ok... and a really big tip... try not to trip up at all (although, if you do don't panic!!) cos it is harder to get back on the wagon when you've fallen off than it is in the beginning :D Hope this helps :D;):D

I have just started too!

Hi,just started on Sunday,and found first few days BRUTAL,still getting slight headaches,but am so much better,quite settled and lost 8 lbs already!

Another 4lbs off!

I am going great guns now.FEEL SO MUCH BETTER,it was really hard to begin with but am doing okay now and it is so motivating seeing the weight come off!:)

Wow Little blue, katie oxo, Isom & heaven can wait, I remember you all.

Well I lost 6 stone on LL, then it was xmas, I had 2 holidays abroad, lots of stress in my life, husband made redundant & also became ill, fell out with my mother & then before I knew it I was 3 stone heavier.
I have tried so many times to get back into LL, it was killing me, I felt so bad I tried at least once a week for months & failed, I decided SW was the way to go, because I actually like food & I want to eat.
Iv'e only been doing it 2 weeks, but feel better about it than I have about LL for months.
I will never give up the fight to be thin.
Hope you are all well.
x

Back