People who use little or no syns...

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
would you mind posting a typical days eating. I find it really difficult to manage to keep to under 15 syns - mainly used for sauces, spreads, a little chocolate etc and I would be really interested to see what you guys eat to see where I am going wrong, maybe I dont eat enough free food...

Thanks in advance:D

We're supposed to eat all our syns everyday, don't worry about it. Sorry I can't help, I use my syns on sugar/honey and olive oil :D

Are you using the lowest fat spreads etc flora light is 1syn per tsp where others are a lot more same with mayonasise etc.

I make my own pasta sauces, gravy etc all syn free

This is only my first day, but I used some on 100ml ss milk, 1 tsp sugar and 1/4 avacado. Have only used 8 so far, but have been told to stick to 10.

I don't use much milk or sugar and I dont like spreads, so it seems more sensible to use them as syns.

I am staying clear of chocolate and crisps for as long as I can, if i have one I won't stop :eek:

I hardly use any syns with my meals trying to use mainly ss foods, healthy extra's or free foods. I use syns for salad cream, pesto, mini ice lollies an extra Alpen bar. Try not to rely on them for your meals all the time because then you will learn to adjust recipes to be slimming world friendly and it will aid you on your weight loss. have a look through some peoples diaries on here for some ideas.

I use 10 - 15 syns every day and 90% of that is for alcohol. I don't mind not having chocolate. I totally gave them up together with crisps and bread. Don't miss them at all but don't take away my tipple!

I use mine on ketchup, hot choc - when I need that fix, mayo, pesto, gravy, curly wurlys - when nothing else will do, (first time round it was solely alcohol:eek:). Some days I use no syns, or even Hexs - just not hungry - I do eat alot of speed and superspeed foods.

(I am by no means advocating using 0 syns or 0 Hexs)

HTH
AMx

Last edited:
I use most of my syns on wine.

Have a look at the food diaries, you'll find 'free' subsitutes are used in cooking. For example I use quark instead of mayo with tuna. And I've started making my own dressing with herbs/spices & low fat natural yoghurt.

If you're still having probs come back to us.

But remember you have 15 syns each day to use, so if you want to, use them.:p

I use the whole 15 most days. I use it on a packet of cheese curls crisps (3.5 syns) as I am a crisp addict. Use the rest on gravy/mayo and a sweet treat after my dinner.

I think you mean that you're finding it difficult to manage on just 15 syns a day? Probably you are right that you aren't having enough free foods.
Some days I have no syns, just hex's and free foods because I use my syns up weekly rather than daily.
Here's a typical EE day for me

B: sardines and tomatoes on toast (HEB), yogurt

L: savoury rice mixed with ham, quorn sausages and salad stuff, banana

D: roast peppers and courgettes etc., roast chicken portion, SW chips, egg custard

Milk in tea and in egg custard (HEA)

Snacks: slices of ham, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, crabsticks.

Breakfast...branflakes, greatfriut, banana, skim milk, coffee,
lunch... jacket potato cottage cheese beans salad beetroot
tea ... pasta and sauce with cucumber ans cherry tomotoes
inbetween...activia fat free, with strawberries apple mellon
syns...the best bit, 3 gin slimeline tonic, ....7.5 syns
two ryvita and laughing cow...at 11 0 clock....forgot that, lol
i wonder why i like this diet.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think you mean that you're finding it difficult to manage on just 15 syns a day? Probably you are right that you aren't having enough free foods.
Some days I have no syns, just hex's and free foods because I use my syns up weekly rather than daily.
Here's a typical EE day for me

B: sardines and tomatoes on toast (HEB), yogurt

L: savoury rice mixed with ham, quorn sausages and salad stuff, banana

D: roast peppers and courgettes etc., roast chicken portion, SW chips,
egg custard

Milk in tea and in egg custard (HEA)

Snacks: slices of ham, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, crabsticks.

OMG, can you please tell me the recipie for egg custard, I LOVE this, is it syn free???

xxxxxxx

OMG, can you please tell me the recipie for egg custard, I LOVE this, is it syn free???

xxxxxxx

This makes 2 ramekins of egg custard:

2 eggs, 300ml skimmed milk, 3 dessertspoons Splenda, half teaspoon vanilla essence - beat it all up together, put in ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg. Put the ramekins in a baking dish which has boiling water in it to make a bain marie and put in the oven until set.

I like them cold out of the fridge too so keep one for the following day :)
It is syn free if you use the milk from your HEA, which I do.

OOOOO thanks eternity I love egg custard aswell, and this sounds like the recipe my nana used to do, but for the life of me I could not remember it

Guess what i'm having for tea :D

Can I ask a quick question to anyone, quite a few of you say you are having 15 syns, our class leader told me to try and keep to 10 is that to low??

thanks

I was also told to have the "full 20" syns a day. I usually have about 8 - 10 a day.

Brekky- banana, coffee with Milk from HE
Lunch- chicken or ham sandwiches (2 slices WeightWatchers brown bread) with lettuce & really light Flora, usually count this as 1 syn, packet of Skips 4 syns, satsuma & Muller light
Dinner- chicken wrapped in bacon (fat removed) stuffed with mozarella from remaining HE, veggies (or savoury rice if I'm having an E/E day - would skip the cheese in the chicken if so)
Snacks- fruit, more Skips if I'm hungry! and toast from remaining HE with more really light Flora. About 4 - 6 syns on snacks or none at all if I eat fruit or skip the toast on E/E days!

I try to save up syns so that I can have a drink at the weekend or even order a chinese on payday :D

Has anyone else been told they can have up to 20 syns a day? My consultant has put "enjoy 15-20 syns" on my welcome letter!

Mine said to us when she was welcoming us and detailing the plan that the maximum was 15, bit confusing isn't it :confused: especially when she then told me to try and stick to 10.

Thanks guys, as long as its ok to use them ill use away, Id just noticed quite a few people on here and in my group saying they rarely use them and I couldn't see how. I was told 15 was the max but try to stick to between 8-12 - never thought to ask why?

Has anyone else been told they can have up to 20 syns a day? My consultant has put "enjoy 15-20 syns" on my welcome letter!

The amount of weight loss needed will depend on the number of syns you can get away with. In the early days I had the full 15 syns but if I did that now every day I put on weight. My con'and I worked out that about 8 - 10 syns is my maximum to keep losing weight.

"Between 10 and 15 Syns is about the recommended amount a day for someone who's two to three stones overweight [you can have more if you have more to lose]." SW advice

Back