peoples reaction to weight loss

missjam

kind of makes me annoyed when some people comment on my weight loss that havent seen me in a few month... think its because its so fast some people can be so rude about it!!

Yeah. I had someone tell me yesterday that my diet was the most unhealthy diet she had heard of and that she's surprised that I'm not dead.

I just laughed at her. Comments like that are just a sign of ignorance and sometimes jealousy.

It can be really disheartening when people comment negatively about something that you are so proud of! I thought I would have this problem with family and friends but they have been fab (probably due to the fact I explained every aspect of the diet an how it IS safe! I sounded like a right Exante boffin! Lol) and I have only been doing it two weeks and each time I see one of them they just say 'wow it's literally falling off you, well done girl, don't think I would have the willpower to do it!' I think people that slag it off really need to look at the website, that will shut them up! x

I don't tell anyone the details, it only gives them ammunition. Besides it is actually no-one else's business. I tell them I have given up booze (no comment) and I am eating healthily. The more you tell people your business the more they feel entitled to fire personal, inappropriate and ill informed comments.
So its your business, delight in your weight loss and don't give a toss for anyone else's comments.
Go for it.
GSQ

It's odd how women seem to react so differently to men over diets. Whenever I've explained what I'm doing to people at work, they're all quite interested. Most admit they wouldn't/couldn't follow a plan like this but then most of them either go the gym regularly or have no need to diet anyway. No-one's mentioned the weight loss BTW, they were just curious about the soups and shakes I'm mixing up at my desk!

People can be so rude (probably due to ignorance as they have no idea how the diet works). I dont hide the fact that im on the diet anymore. I did for a while there, i deleted my facebook link from here etc cos i was sick of the negative comments from people. Now i dont care. Its my body thats carrying this weight around and i dont hear people whinging about that so they can either like the fact that im doing exante or they can lump it :D Im well used to being told its a fad diet, ill put the weight back on, its not healthy, blah blah. the best one is "your taking the easy option".....which i found hilarious cos this diet is in NO way easy lol xx

Ive heard this a thousand times.. and it just annoys me.. like everyone is saying its just jelously.. one of my OH family members is a big lad himself at 38 stone.. and all he does is belittle me about this diet.. saying its making me look unhealthy and that i will prob put the weight back on anyway as i apprantly have no will power.. strange that cause ive managed a week on the diet.. im sure thats more will power than him!

its very annoying .. people at work havent noticed yet which is good, either way i not ashamed to be trying to better myself. and im not going to keep letting people put me down - thats partly the reason i put on so much weight in the first place!

they dont know what they are talking about

(phew that got alot off my chest! thanks lol)

x

Im well used to being told its a fad diet, ill put the weight back on, its not healthy, blah blah. the best one is "your taking the easy option".....which i found hilarious cos this diet is in NO way easy lol xx

lol i have had all that too! the diet is SOO not easy.. its made easier by the support in this group!

I just dont understand why people are so bothered about our weight loss, it's not their bloody business how we are doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm desperate for a reaction, any reaction to me losing weight!!
However, i've only lost 20lbs from a total of 131lbs to lose and it doesn't show yet....booo :-(

Mrsb2b2012 said:
I'm desperate for a reaction, any reaction to me losing weight!!
However, i've only lost 20lbs from a total of 131lbs to lose and it doesn't show yet....booo :-(

It took me a while for the loss to show. Am sure a few more pounds will do the trick then you'll get people asking where the rest of you is. Well done on your losses so far ?.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back