Period..confused :/

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Just a question, my period is like clockwork, always between every 21 and 25 days, never been late of early before ever, I had a period 2 weeks ago, for a few days when I went to toilet I had like brown stainin which was very light, now today my period is here??!! Im so confused as to why this has happened as like I say im so regular! Any ideas?

Curvygirl87 said:
Just a question, my period is like clockwork, always between every 21 and 25 days, never been late of early before ever, I had a period 2 weeks ago, for a few days when I went to toilet I had like brown stainin which was very light, now today my period is here??!! Im so confused as to why this has happened as like I say im so regular! Any ideas?

I read somewhere that it is an effect of losing fat-due to hormone storage or something, not 100% sure on the total details, but if you're worried-I'm sure a doc/practice nurse could put your mid at ease x

I read somewhere that it is an effect of losing fat-due to hormone storage

If you are worried about it, go see your GP just be to sure. My periods have gone CRAZY since I started dieting so I went to my GP about it, I did get diagnosed with PCOS (I am not saying that to scare you). It's just best to get yourself checked out anyway. When you lose weight, you are releasing more hormones that are stored in your fat so you will notice a change. x

It's think it's definitely something to do with the diet. I had been on the pill for 18 months before starting SW with no period whatsoever (I take cerazette!) 2 weeks after starting SW I had a bleed for 2 or 3 days, and then nothing again since. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you're very concerned go and see your Doc to double check :)

Ok, SW is messing me about big style with my period. I'm on the pill and usually run my packs together to avoid my period when and where possible. I am now in the midst of my second * week during SW. I don't understand why as I haven't come off the pill in that time!??!
Any suggestions? I'm really hoping there are some doctors or nurses on here hehe!

hey all - as has been said the changes in your body fat will affect you reproductive hormone cycle. If you are taking the pill one month at a time and you are getting bleeding at the wrong time i suggest you go see the family planning clinic or your GP for a check in case you have some other cause of bleeding like a polyp or cervical erosion. If you a taking pill packs back to back then 'breakthrough' bleeding is a common problem unfortunately - but still would always advise getting a quick check as per prev statement.
Most likely it s nothing but a wee hormone imbalance but always best to be double sure and on that note would advise perhaps using a condom as well at present if pregnancy is a nono for you at this moment in time.

Hope this helps

xx Phaeona

All_about_the_climb said:
Ok, SW is messing me about big style with my period. I'm on the pill and usually run my packs together to avoid my period when and where possible. I am now in the midst of my second * week during SW. I don't understand why as I haven't come off the pill in that time!??!
Any suggestions? I'm really hoping there are some doctors or nurses on here hehe!

I'd be worried about doing that as my doc told me it was dangerous to run packs together unless it's around once or twice maximum a year for example when you might go on holiday etc.

When I did it, it didn't work anyway. Your body has to eventually release the period and that could be why you get them. Mine would build up and happen anyway so I can't go over packs anymore I have to have breaks.

Bear in mind I'm talking about the combined pill which is for 21 days, if it's a one hormone pill which I've had too, you take those for 28 or 30 days depends on which one you're on and take the packs back to back. However there's no way to tell if you'll be regular or not as the hormone which controls it isn't in this type of pill.

I've had so many problems with pills and periods for last 15 yrs I feel like a pro!

Weight loss and gain definitely has a dramatic effect on periods for anyone and everyone. Before I went on the pill 11 years ago I had exactly the same, I was underweight one min then overweight the next. It'd be twice a month then all of a sudden nothing for a month or two x

phaeona said:
It's not dangerous to take pill packs back to back I'd reckon at least half the female doctors I know have done it for years. Just you tend to getbewak through bleeding if you don't have a withdrawal bleed every 3-4 months but everyone is different at it doesnt always work.

Damnit my doctor is obviously not a very good one then x

bevhunter1986 said:
I'd be worried about doing that as my doc told me it was dangerous to run packs together unless it's around once or twice maximum a year for example when you might go on holiday etc.

When I did it, it didn't work anyway. Your body has to eventually release the period and that could be why you get them. Mine would build up and happen anyway so I can't go over packs anymore I have to have breaks.
x

my doctor told me the same. Although iv always thought he wasn't a very good doctor. He took me off microgynon after 5years, apparently that was too long and he wanted to practice putting in the implants so was really pushing that!
Needless to say I don't use the same doctor anymore. X

LornaGrace said:
my doctor told me the same. Although iv always thought he wasn't a very good doctor. He took me off microgynon after 5years, apparently that was too long and he wanted to practice putting in the implants so was really pushing that!
Needless to say I don't use the same doctor anymore. X

You're not alone there all my doctors don't seem to be bothered that I'm on the pill. They've all told me not to go over x

Anyhow this one kept saying youve been on the pill generally for 10 years you need to come off. I was like NOT a chance coz my periods ovaries etc are messed up that's why I went on it to start with coz I didn't like other options like injection and implant that have been offered since.

Bloody doctors!!

Back