Personal trainer

Rachel, you will SO get there..I want to bottle this feeling. I brought my first size 14 top today, that was a tick for me.

Keep up your good work..:)

It's really good to read all your stories about personal trainers. I've been working with one for three months now and i've lost just over 2 and a half stone and I honestly don't think I could have done it without him! Just having someone there just pushes you that little bit harder I think. Plus when you're spending all that money it makes you think twice about ruining your healthy eating too!

Squats are definitely the most evil exercise i've ever come across!

ive just joined the gym, and my fitness levels have declined massively over the years! in my welcome pack i have some p/t sessions, which i need to book in! but im scared that i wont be able to do what he wants me to do!! ahh :(

ive just joined the gym, and my fitness levels have declined massively over the years! in my welcome pack i have some p/t sessions, which i need to book in! but im scared that i wont be able to do what he wants me to do!! ahh :(

Sometimes I don't think I CAN do what the PT asks me to, but most of the time it actually is possible - just means pushing harder than I would normally.
You can do it, and you should - it's a huge motivational and educational tool, as well as being directly beneficial of itself.

I had my first session since returning from holiday on Monday and I seriously thought he was punishing me for being away. I told him I had put on 3lbs while away and he quipped that 'we'll take that right back off you'! :eek:

I weighed myself this morning, and do you know what? We have :)

Got another session tonight, but I'm actually still in agony after Monday night. No kidding. My legs ache like crazy and it's a chore sitting down or standing up. He's got some kind of obsession with squats and lunges, and my legs have had it.
Sure they're rock hard, but they're also of absolutely no use to me as they get flogged every few days.

Ah well. It will all be worth it in the end :cool:

Very true! Ive booked it in now so it will be done! lol. That extra push will help im sure! & im sure i will mentally feel like ive done some good! lol. enjoy your session tonight :D

I would love to get a PT but i'm not sure about the cost - if anyone doesn't mind answering - how much do you usually pay for an hour or however many hours you block buy?

thanks! xxx

I bought a block of 6 sessions, and I think it cost about £120. The more sessions you buy, the better value it is. But 6 is the minimum you can buy.

I'd love to have a PT session every time I go to the gym, but that's totally not realistic for me! At the moment, I have one session a week - but because of holidays and stuff, it's actually worked out more like one every two weeks. My plan is to have six sessions, then a month's break, then another six sessions and so on, because I'm not really sure I can afford one session a week indefinitely.

Hi im thinking of getting a personal trainer and just have a few questions.
do you use one at the gym or does one come to your home?
How did you find yours? internet? word of mouth?

The personal trainer I use works at the gym I go to, so we have our sessions there.

The cost is £105 for three hour sessions, £175 for 10 half hour sessions, or £300 for 10 full hour sessions.

I have an arrangement with the trainer to get 12 sessions for £300, so that's £25 per hour, which is not cheap.

I've got 8 sessions left, and I intend to use them over the next four weeks, after which I will be taking a break from PT sessions (they've cost me £600 so far!), but I hope the work I've done in these sessions and the things I've learned will prove to be worth the money.

At the very least, it's motivated me to get off my backside and work!

At gym they are about 40pound an hour... which makes 25pound an hour seem pretty good! lol

THANKS.
i am doing my 'own' exercise routine but would like some variation.

Back