Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Congratulations, Pesty & James.
That's brilliant news.

And you're right. Focus on being healthy.
Eating healthily should mean you won't put on more than you need to - but you're not the only important one any more.
If that baby wants food, I'm sure you'll eat it!

Absolutely brilliant.
And even if you're not officially dieting, you've got to keep coming back on here and keeping us up to date.
Anything else would be just mean.
We are a ready-made family for SW babies!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy - congrats to you and James.
Absolutely fab news.

Last edited:
Yay fantastic news, so pleased for me

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay fantastic news, so pleased for me Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You I meant... Was in a rush lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you all for your congratulations!!!

Today i am 14 weeks so officially into my second trimester!!

Weighed this morning and gained 1.2lbs - considering my baby is now the size of a lemon i am not upset to have only gained that in the last month!!

A lot of it is down to the fact that ive had to go little and often with my food portions so i cant have my mammouth size dinner when i get home - someone remind me of this when i am trying to lose the baby weight!! :)

How you all doing??

xxx

hey Pesty - thought I best continue our maternity talk here rather than take up all the sirens thread! hehe!

I think silence is golden and when baby sleeps you will be like 'ahhhhhh' - but my advice is take a mini nap when you can. You soon learn how to do the washing up and put the washing on and iron in like a quarter of the time it takes.

Also - start learning how to do things one handed. Because you will only have one hand/arm free because the other is to do with baby! Sounds really silly but you also need to be able to squat a lot and get back up from a squat......get those muscles working!

what else?

I suggest a Moby (the brand name) fabric carry wrap - I had one and it was amazing. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moby-Wrap-A...y&ie=UTF8&qid=1404729047&sr=1-2&keywords=moby

Also if you are breastfeeding you can get some awesome cover apron things - they are discreet and then you can feed anywhere without your bo0b popping out! :) I had one by a company called Bebe Au Lait - like this one: Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover Chateau Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

I hope these little ideas help !

x

Yes Elle, please post me lots of links so i can buy stuff :D

All these tips are really helpful, I have a 3.5 month old neice so im getting in as much practice as possible with her but obvs its going to be very different when mine arrives!!

I work up to 11 hours a day so im pretty good at getting housework done in speedy gonzalez style but not so good at the napping, Im sure that'll soon change when the bubba is here though!!

Im going to see what i can do one handed when i get home - its going to seem impossible no doubt!! haha

Ive put on nearly a stone so far, any tips on how to stop that getting out of control?

xx

I gained 5 stone with Isabel so I am NOT a good person to ask about how to limit weight gain during pregnancy. Isabel is coming up to 2 and I still have 2 left to lose haha!

#useless

Glad the links help hun - you also need to get a jumparoo (the best thing ever) and a baby bouncer/seat to leave the little ones in when you need the loo etc. We also loved the playnest - but these things are for when she is older.

I just used to have the moses basket in the lounge and leave her in there when she was napping.

you need unlimited amounts of Muslin squares.

And has you niece mastered the 'up the back of the vest poo' yet? they are immense. These are mumma truths that people hide from you haha!

Oh and DO your pelvic floor exercise - EVERY day from now until next year! you need that muscle to be strong or you may cough/sneeze (post labour) and pee your pants. Fact. Do not just do them when you are reminded by the midwife/doctor. I think the best way to get a routine of doing them is when you do something EVERY day - so for example if you have a cup of tea, take a vitamin or eat your breakfast - do say 3 sets of 20 each time you do it. That way you a) don't forget and b) have strong PFloor!

That means you have lost 3 stone in 2 years - that isnt bad going at all!!!

Im trying to be good and bump is assisting by making me hate the smell the fatty meat cooking (one of my flaws) and more recently going off bread im really only left with vegies lean meat at carbs!! I am rather partial to a bowl of deep fried chips though so always order them if were eating out!

Im quite lucky in terms of moses basket and baby bouncers in that i bought it all for my sister, Amelie is about to grow out of the moses basket so I get that back and then other things as she grows out of them !! BONUS

Good point re PFM exercises, i must admit i completely forget to do those, whilst brushing my teeth is going to be the way forward i think!!

xxx

Deffo do the PF exercises. I've not had kids but had a hysterectomy which has the same effect.
And yes, I pee my pants when I sneeze - have done since I had the surgery when I was 36 :(

Good to hear that you are going to be able to "inherit" things off our sister - having a baby can be sooooooooooo expensive now.
Also it's great to hear you sounding so positive about pregnancy. Go you!

Deffo do the PF exercises. I've not had kids but had a hysterectomy which has the same effect.
And yes, I pee my pants when I sneeze - have done since I had the surgery when I was 36 :(

Good to hear that you are going to be able to "inherit" things off our sister - having a baby can be sooooooooooo expensive now.
Also it's great to hear you sounding so positive about pregnancy. Go you!

Sorry Bev, that must be really rubbish for you. Im doing them as often as i can remember, but theres no consistency - its just when i remember each day!! I must try to do it when i brush my teeth, then thats 2 minutes worth morning and night!!

Got my 16 week scan (paid to get one) and will find out the sex Saturday morning!!! 16 week midwide appt on Weds so get to hear bubbas heart beat.

It all seems to have gone so quickly since i could tell everyone at 12 weeks!!!

I am feeling really positive (nauseous and tired this morning but still positive!!), I dont think im gaining too much weight other than pure baby and water. Something like 1.5lb in the last month so not bad at all in my eyes!!

xxxx
xx

Morning all!!

18 weeks pregnant today, feels like its going REALLY SLOWLLLLLLYYYYYYY. No doubt by December i'll be wondering where the time went!

We paid for an early scan and as such can advise that we are having a little princess :) she now has more clothes than i do as family have been showering us with all things pink!

Ive also had my due date moved to new years eve!! So its all fun in the festive period for me!!! haha

Gained 11lbs so far in the pregnancy, not weighing till tomorrow though so this may now be a little more.

Hows everyone going on SW (and other plans????)

xxx

Morning, Pesty.
I'm still me (JimBob!) but with a new name.

And I'm not doing very well at this challenge, even without you!

I'm glad to hear all is going well with you - wonderful news about your little Princess.
And it seems as though (so far) - although of course it's not really the important thing - you're even controlling your weight gain well.
Well done you!

xx

Hi Clover, thanks for popping in!!! I'll go have a nose at your diary just as soon as i get a chance.

Hey Sarah, that confused me a little!!!! HAHA i thought minimins had some sort of break down!!

Yea weight seems to be behaving itself, Im not doing anything different to before i was pregnant - im certainly not depriving myself of anything. I must admit shes a really good baby and doesnt like anything sweet so i have managed to avoid most naughty cravings!!

What's new with you? Why the name change? Why the struggles? xxx

Hi Pesty - congrats on the pink news!

my birthday is 29th dec - so i could share a birthday with the little lady!

xx

Name change is for a bit of safety.
I've got a lot of quite personal stuff on my fred, particularly recently with some stuff I've been going through.
And I now know that someone I know from home is on here, so I needed to have a name that is less obvious.
(The old one may not seem obvious, but I use it for everything, so it is to people who know me well!)
So I've changed my name, and moved my diary into Gold, and am now trying to be slightly more discreet! (Not much chance of that, though.)

And the weight has taken a bit too much of a back seat recently while I've been trying to get my head round other stuff. I seem to have been backwards and forwards with the same couple of pounds for months!
Now determined to lose it, and a lot of its friends, and get this show back on the road.
Even without my Pesty Challenge.

xx

Back