Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

3lb off and terribly, I'm disappointed by it!

Less so now than I was at weigh in but still a little unsatisfied.

I wanted 4 or more, it's a first week loss which is supposed to be your best. We all know from history that my losses will go to 1lb a week very quickly so I guess I was hoping to start with a big one so that 1lb would be okay.

Now a loss is a loss, it all counts towards target and better off than on. Like I said I went slightly over syns as the week went on so I should just be happy with what I got!!!

Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and be more okay with it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

3 lb is awesome and we all know a slowly slowly catchy monkey loss rate is healthier so be proud. You're also recovering from birth and breastfeeding so go easy on yourself.
Have a sleep...If little lady will allow...and look forward to your next week x

3lb is awesome! Well done u. U must be supermum to even think about sw already - it's all I can do to eat vaguely around meal times!!

Hope Lily is looking after u xx

3lbs is an AWESOME loss!

I really thinks it's amazing I think when Malita was Lilts age I would have managed to do SW.

3lbs is a loss like you said don't beat yourself down.

Numbers add up and you will get there and it will say off for life

Well Done!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Pesty - stop expecting the earth!!!

3lb is BRILLIANT.
I hope your head agrees with me this morning.

Your body has been going through massive changes, and it won't respond in the same way as your pre-pregnancy body did.
And you can't lose too fast at the moment (no - NOT because I don't want you to win!!!) because Lily needs you to have plenty of strength and all the best nutrients for her.
So keep having LOTS of HXA's, and keep losing slowly. It's the best way!

(And anyway, you're still nearly 2 stone less than me!)

Thank you, you all make valid points and I seem to have gotten over myself a little bit today!!

3lb would be an amazing loss for me any other week so there's no reason why it should seem like a bad loss this week.

If I'm really good I can do more than 1lb next week and that'll make up for it. Like you say, my body is different now so I'm not necessarily just going to get 1lb losses every week.

With Lily it is hard, I can't really find time to cook anything as her naps tend to last 30 minutes and what with cleaning and other things I need to do. So everything has to be grabable. So fruit, alpen bars, pre-cooked food - just have to find the time to precook it!!

As I said on the Sirens fred, Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I know you wanted 4 but as everone else has said make sure that you are eating enough for Lily and so that you feel well and not get too tired or hungry. That is recipe for disaster.

I bought one (sling) yesterday!. . . but also so that I can feed in public with her hidden.

I try not to make a habit of it and try to be discreet but if I'm out and she's screaming then I'll feed her. I'm not starving my child because it makes someone else uncomfortable, if you don't like it don't look haha.

I'm a midwife and totally agree...you wouldn't not feed yourself if you were hungry so why put off feeding your baby?

OK - so Mrs Grumpy about to post about breast feeding in public. I'm probably out of step with the rest of you on this.
Yes I agree with everyone that baby should not have to go hungry - that goes without being said.

But as a 60 year old who probably has more old fashioned values that most people of my age (I was basically brought up by my grandparents who were 60 when I was born - and very Victorian in their values) I can sometimes feel uncomfortable watch mum's breastfeeding in public.
Mainly if they are sitting there with their breast hanging out for all the world to see.
Doing it discreetly so that all you see is a baby being fed is fine.

Just a thought from a grumpy old woman.

Haha unless I absolutely had to I wouldn't whop my boob out for the world to see (I'm actually quite conscious as I hate my breasts.

The one time I've had to do it I covered Lily with my jumper so no-one could see.

That being said if I see someone else flop out a boob it doesn't bother me. They're in magazines, all over tv and pretty much out from most people's outfits so seeing them used for what they're there for seems normal to me, but maybe that's because I'm BF that I think that way

Haha unless I absolutely had to I wouldn't whop my boob out for the world to see (I'm actually quite conscious as I hate my breasts.

The one time I've had to do it I covered Lily with my jumper so no-one could see.

That being said if I see someone else flop out a boob it doesn't bother me. They're in magazines, all over tv and pretty much out from most people's outfits so seeing them used for what they're there for seems normal to me, but maybe that's because I'm BF that I think that way

I guess its only polite to cover up. I normally use a burp cloth.

Well here we are again doing a feed at some ungodly hour!!

Been watching LO for the past few hours, out of nowhere she seems to have picked up a new habit, choking.

There's nothing to choke on but she coughs and splutters and doesn't take a breath in for what seems like an age. There's no sick and she hasn't got saliva yet. I just hope this goes away as quick as its appeared!!

Food wise I'm on track, i had my mum over to sit with Lily and I did some batch cooking. 2 portion bags of chilli (2 bags), beef stew (1 bag) chicken stew (3 bags). I ate the other bag of stew for brunch. They're all free on EE so hoping it'll help for a good loss and it's one less thing to worry about in the evenings which are hectic!!

So only had 5.5 syns today! Completely unintentional to have so few but I won't complain!!

Good idea on batch cooking, that'll help.

Thanks Michelle, I hope it does. James gets home at 7, Lily needs to be going to bed at 7 and dinner needs to be cooked so it's a bit crazy here otherwise!

You do seem to be incredibly organised, considering how new Lily is.
You're amazing!

You do seem to be incredibly organised, considering how new Lily is. You're amazing!

Thanks, feeling the love there! :)

I'm currently in a BF room at bluewater, it's eerily quiet. I changed her nappy and as I sat down to feed she filled it again. It smells like apple sauce.

So I'm here smelling this smell until I can unlatch her to change her again. God is clearly a man. Only a man would design where the boob is and therefore where the nose is in conjunction to baby bum without realise the potential for poo smelling!!!

Had a jacket potato with chilli and cheese for lunch. Thought that was the sensible choice when faced with KFC, Burger King, nandos, some Italian and some burger bar. Also asked for no butter which took some strength!!!

Thanks, feeling the love there! :)

I'm currently in a BF room at bluewater, it's eerily quiet. I changed her nappy and as I sat down to feed she filled it again. It smells like apple sauce.

So I'm here smelling this smell until I can unlatch her to change her again. God is clearly a man. Only a man would design where the boob is and therefore where the nose is in conjunction to baby bum without realise the potential for poo smelling!!!

Had a jacket potato with chilli and cheese for lunch. Thought that was the sensible choice when faced with KFC, Burger King, nandos, some Italian and some burger bar. Also asked for no butter which took some strength!!!

Well done of the wise lunch choice. Love the batch cooking you did, that will truly help with your loss but also for your time with Lily.

So today (or rather yesterday) was a raging success.

As stated I was good with lunch, left lakeside and went to mums (both mine and James'), got home at 7 fed and got Lily to bed then had a bowl of chicken stew for dinner.

Syns were left so had a Greek yogurt for half a syn, a mini 'magnum' for 6.5 and even added 5 Syns just in case the chilli had oil, etc.

Tomorrow I have nothing planned so might beg on the sofa with Lily for the day - I'll be bored within a few hours and start blitzing the flat whilst Lily is asleep but I like the thought of doing nothing so we'll leave it as a possibility!!

Well me and the sprog have done quite well. Lazed in bed until 10, showered and put on PJs.

We're now on the sofa feeding and watching 'revenge' on the TV.

Need to get up and eat shortly. Which all depends on when she goes down. She gets to feed first, how unfair haha. I have had a nanna and two alpen lights so I'm not starving.

What a day!!! Screaming munchkin, she's got wind and no matter how much I wind her or what massage I do she's still windy.

James is putting her down for the night so I can write this with both hands whoop whoop!!!

So far today.

B - banana, 2 x alpen light (B)
L - jacket potato with chilli (mince, onion, tinned tomatoes, paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic, oxo, chilli powder, kidney beans) cheese (A)
S - more chilli and Tilda microwave rice (1.5), twix finger (7), muller Greek yog toffee (1/2)

Tea (milk A), SF juice.

That is all. So I'm thinking...

D - chicken stew (chicken, tinned toms, peppers, swede, carrot, garlic, paprika, chilli powder, oxo).

Mini 'magnum' is 6.5 syns which would take me half over for the day, I think I can accept that though!! It's been a tough day haha

Back