Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

I know my experience is a bit more limited, my little Jessica is only 2 weeks old now but I have solely bf since she was born. It is knackering, esp through the night when she can be up for hours as I find winding her wakens her up again and then she wants fed again immediately. My oh has been pestering me and my midwife as to when I can express so he can help with night feeds but I'm not keen at the moment because I don't want nipple confusion (not sure how big a deal that is) but also because I know even if oh was feeding her id still be up making sure she is ok.

Don't get me wrong, it's harder than I ever imagined, my nipples are in agony and my boobs are constantly sore/full. Along with the sleep deprivation, in the middle of the night I occasionally want to give up but we have no formula in the house for that reason and I always feel satisfied that we made it through another night by morning so I'm determined to keep going as long as possible.

You have done so well already, But if you are really struggling and not getting the support u need then u need to make the right decision for u and baby. Nobody wants u or her to be miserable and there is no shame in formula feeding or expressed feeding whatever u choose.

Sorry for the essay lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't be sorry Laura I love a good essay!!!

Well done you for EBF!!! That's a lot of commitment. I've not struggled with nipple confusion but then she has had both since day 1 so she didn't have much choice but to adapt to both :)

I've BF her this morning and she's gone to sleep for two hours, just starting to stir now, so I think I'm going to have to stick to the adhoc approach. BF in the day, bottle at night and see where I end up. There's just as much chance we'll drop bottles as there is that I'll up bottles!!!

Foodwise, I've discovered that Brie is not a HEA choice, had a Brie and bacon sanie this morning. Not terrible as 4 subs for 28g. I very very rarely have Brie (usually just Xmas or part of a cheese board) but just wishfully thought as a cheese it might count haha. Doesn't damage the day as I have carrot, sweet potato and coriander soup on he stove and precooked portion of chilli in the fridge which are both free.

Right, I'm off to chance a shower before LO wakes up properly. Not that it matters if she does wake up as OH is home from the night shift asleep in the other room!

Xx

Just stick with what works for you hun and take it one feed at a time. X

. . . Foodwise, I've discovered that Brie is not a HEA choice, had a Brie and bacon sanie this morning.

I don't think it has ever been a HexA Jess on any plan.
On the old green plan you could have 40g as a HexB

I don't think it has ever been a HexA Jess on any plan.
On the old green plan you could have 40g as a HexB

I've never known it to be either Bev, was just wishful thinking haha

Not sure if I've over done it today!

B - Brie, butter, chicken and bacon sandwich on wholemeal (4, 2, B)
S - banana, plum, Alpen light x 2 (B)
L - sweet potato, carrot and coriander soup (homemade free)
D - jacket potato and homemade chilli with cheese (A)
S - aldi mini magnum (6.5), melon, grapes, shape chocolate pud (5.5)

SF juice, tea (A)

total syns - 18

was all going well until I realised the pud was 5.5!!! Says 'less than 3% fat' so didn't think it would be too terrible! Oh well, only one left now!!

I've had a particularly hungry day today, days don't function like they used to. I lose time and gain time all over the place. One minute I think it's dragging then suddenly it's the evening! I don't do well with lack of routine

so three syns over again! Beginning to form a pattern!

Jess
In the grand scheme of things 3 syns over isn't that bad. Especially as you aren't having all you hex's for a mum.
But . . . It doesn't llok to me like you are having enough at main meal times.
Brekkie looks okay but lunch and evening meal look a bit light - especially on the 1/3 SF if you are doing EE.
Maybe that's why you are snacking and using up the syns.

Tell me if I've got it wrong.

No, you are right, my menu lacks super free, apart from the soup! It's hard t get super free in with chilli which is what I had already prepared in the fridge. Hence the melon after.

What at I need to do is make sure when i precook it has super free in it already, then having to cook sides wouldn't be an issue!

Jess I've just caught up on loads of posts, but just wanted to let you know, I BF both of my two & Lydia just suddenly decided herself she didn't want to be BF, maybe you're little one doesn't want to.

How are you feeling now? x

I know my experience is a bit more limited, my little Jessica is only 2 weeks old now but I have solely bf since she was born. It is knackering, esp through the night when she can be up for hours as I find winding her wakens her up again and then she wants fed again immediately. My oh has been pestering me and my midwife as to when I can express so he can help with night feeds but I'm not keen at the moment because I don't want nipple confusion (not sure how big a deal that is) but also because I know even if oh was feeding her id still be up making sure she is ok.

Don't get me wrong, it's harder than I ever imagined, my nipples are in agony and my boobs are constantly sore/full. Along with the sleep deprivation, in the middle of the night I occasionally want to give up but we have no formula in the house for that reason and I always feel satisfied that we made it through another night by morning so I'm determined to keep going as long as possible.

You have done so well already, But if you are really struggling and not getting the support u need then u need to make the right decision for u and baby. Nobody wants u or her to be miserable and there is no shame in formula feeding or expressed feeding whatever u choose.

Sorry for the essay lol xxx

When I had my two I bought a bottle, I think it was Johnsons & the teat is shaped like a nipple and instead of it being a bottle there is a frame which you put a bag inside & fill with milk, this mimicks the breast as there is no air like a normal bottle & the teat is nipple shaped. I'm sure you'd be able to buy something like that now, x

Hey.

I'm feeling okay thanks.

Lily is feeding well, I just wonder if my supply is low due to all the faffing about with bottles, etc. so my body thinks it needs less than it does. I'll work to increase supply in case that is the case but I'm more than happy giving her a few bottles - currently two at night and one during the day which she only gets if she's still rooting after BF

Xx

So I spent the morning dozing with the little lady and letting her latch on whenever she wanted. The result was that she's a bit of a guzzle guts as she was sick a few times!!

This also meant that I didn't get up until 12:00 so the food diary was incredibly crap today:

B - banana and two alpen light bars (B)
L - left over chilli and jacket with cheese (A)
D - chicken thighs (skin removed)
Pud - last shape chocolate yog (5.5)
Drink - pint of strongbow (9)

Total syns 14.5.

I also think from the above that I eat out of boredom in the evenings. Looking at how much I had today compared with yesterday clearly shows that I pick for something to do!!

Really need to sort out the lack of super free though. In my defence I only got home an hour ago and didn't want anything heavy so what was supposed to be chicken, salad and cous cous ended up being just the chicken.

Following some disturbing news about someone I thought I knew I didn't get much sleep last night. Lily is up for two hourly feeds last night and the night before. I'm hoping its a growth spurt rather than her wanting to do this every night!!!

She's been a bit of a mare today. 50 minutes sleep in total since 10am. 30 minutes this morning and twenty this afternoon. Started the bedtime routine at 7 and I'm still having to go and put her dummy in every five minutes whilst she's crying (not a little whinge, a proper cry).

SW wise I've actually done very well considering!

B - oats (A & B), mixed berries mixed in.
S - banana, alpen light x 2 (B)
L - carrot, sweet potato and coriander soup
D - chicken, tinned toms, spices, asparagus, courgette, SW chips, cheese (A)
Pud - mini magnum (6.5), Muller
Drink - tea (A), SF squash, prosecco (4.5)

Total syns 11

Certainly could be a growth spurt! Hope she settles for you soon x

Thanks LO. I gave her some gripe water and she seems to have settled (from about 9 ish).

Got the health visitor over tomorrow. Unfortunately mine is rubbish (hasn't turned up to appts, hasn't called back when she said she would TWICE, hasn't got any advice for me), but you never know, tomorrow she may be amazing and have the answer to everything!!

I've pumped twice today and both times only got 2oz - this pumping is this evening when she's had a bottle instead, she's been BF all day. I'm not surprised lily is always hungry, I ink she gets more than I can but I am emptying the breast, she drinks 4oz bottles so I know she can't be getting enough!! At least I know I wasn't going crazy now.

Xx

Are you still going to bf group? I suspect you'll get more support there than from the hv.

I am indeed but the woman there just got someone else to ring who told me everything I already know!

HV sent me to the doctors today. All think she's got reflux!

So been to WI and STS. Quite miffed as I was good apart from my one flexi day then a couple of syns over on another.

I think it's due to not enough SF. They say if it doesn't go with the meal you can leave it out but I had a big batch of chili so with a jacket once and with rice twice, all three times the only SF in it was the tinned toms and the garlic! So I had more carbs and more mince than I would have done if I had of added more veg.

That accounts for 1 bad meal and 3 not good enough meals. So that's 4, the other 17 were good, surely that can't mean a STS?!

I'm going to blame bloat and milk issues. Up the super free and expect my body to make up for it next week and if it doesn't I'll have a bloody great strop! Humpf.

Still not a gain though hun x

How did little lady get on at the Dr's?

Yep, wouldn't mind it not being a gain if I'd been naughty!

Lily has reflux, but silent reflux apparently. She wasn't sick so I didn't think of it! Good to know I'm not crazy though!!!

She's on gaviscon and has been really good!!! Xx

Sorry about the STS - but as I said on the Sirens fred yuo are obviously suffering a Bev attack of bloat.

So good that you know what's been causing a problem for Lily. Lets hope things settle down a bit now.

Back