Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Grab the loss in both hands and run !!!!
It could be a huge mixture of things as you well know so just keep on track and fingers crossed for a great week this week.
It will probably help now that Mr Pesty is "playing" as well.

Thanks Bev, I think it was totally undeserved gains last week and I could've got it back off if I'd have stayed being good. Never mind!

Looking forward to a good week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on this weeks loss.

OH joining is sooo good too, easier at home and a motivator maybe even some competition...lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hey, don't forget who is your main competition!
(even though I'm still a stone and a half behind)

Don't worry Sarah I won't be competing with the OH. Men always lose faster - especially him, so I'd be setting myself up for a fall if I did anything other than tell everyone it's not a competition.

So today SW wise was great, 15 Syns, 20 minutes on my exercise bike, lots of fluids, etc.

My day with Lily was one from hell. Her breathing alarm went off this morning whilst she was in her moses, she can't roll, it hasn't false alarmed before and in my opinion it wasn't a false alarm. She's really snuffly and I heard the peep (signalling no breath for 20 seconds) so I flipped over in bed pulled the blanket off her and she was laying so still.

As soon as I picked her up she started screaming. I took her to the doctors and they've checked her over and said she's fine apart from her sniffles.

I'd rather have 1000 false alarms than miss one time she did stop but like I say I don't think it was a false alarm. It's really shaken me. I've stopped her being swaddled as it was getting a little too tight for her but that's really all I can do. I just have to hope it doesn't happen again.

I couldn't even leave her to have a shower today. I was so panicky about leaving her. How I'm going to shower tomorrow I don't know!!!

Being a parent is so stressful!!!

Well. I've had no sleep!!!

Spent the entire night watching Lily, even though we have the alarm matt so it's completely illogical.

I've also stopped swaddling her, put her in one of those sleeping bags but left her arms in it so it's like a loose swaddle but of course she just pulled her arms out if it and cries because her arms are out!!

Just going to have to persevere but I'm very sleepy!!!

Swaddling is safe according to sids research if:
It's done from day dot
It's done with thin breathable material
Baby is on their back
Not to bed share at the same time.

There are massive swaddling muslins around, very thin but effective. Maybe give those a try if she wants to be swaddled?

Bless you must be worrying x

Yeah she's always been swaddled. I was told you should stop at 2 months as they start rolling and if they're swaddled they can't use their arms to push themselves back over (or protect the face).

I'll have a look online more as it would really be a help if we could continue! She doesn't have her legs swaddled tightly due to the hip issue in case anyone was wondering, she can still wriggle her legs and hips

Forgot to mention the hip thing.

Defo do some more research but I've not heard the 2 month thing.

There's an organisation with a rather unfortunate name, ISIS. Infant sleep information source. Have a peek there see what advice they give x

Hi Jess - having never been a mum I hadn't realised swaddling was coming back into fashion - so I've just done a Google.
It's interesting to see things like this go round in circles as I know when I was a baby it was definitely out of fashion.

I found all th info quite fascinating actually - but the advice is quite conflicting.
One site I found said that it was OK to swaddle baby until they start to roll. They suggested 4-5 months.
Another site said 8-10 weeks.
Check it out perhaps with your midwife - although if littleone83 hasn't heard it then perhaps yours hasn't either

Looking at isis website they say arms out at 3 months but can still swaddle around the middle and loose over hips, might be a good stop gap?

Thanks both. It's only the arms she cares about. I had her out last night and she was waving them round like a mad woman crying.

I thought a meet in the middle would be tucking a blanket (like a swaddle one) just over her then if she rolls she'd be free therefore eliminating that issue of breathing but she just wriggles and is free in 2 minutes then cries then ends up flicking the blanket over her head!!

I've ordered some 3-6 month swaddle blankets, the suggestion is to wean her off when she's ready so put one arm out until that's okay, then put the other one out. I'd personally like to try swaddling a bit looser each night until she's not held in at all.

When does the startle reflex stop? That might help a lot!!

Food wise another good day today! 10 syns in total.

B - omelette (egg, peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, bacon) tomato ketchup (3)

L - pasta, tinned toms, onion, aubergine, courgette, peppers

D - chicken, BNS, broccoli, new potatoes, 1/2 tbsp oil (3)

Pud - blueberries, strawberries, yogurt (2.5), meringue (1.5)

1/2A milk, other half cheese. 2 alpen lights B

Thanks both. It's only the arms she cares about. I had her out last night and she was waving them round like a mad woman crying.

I thought a meet in the middle would be tucking a blanket (like a swaddle one) just over her then if she rolls she'd be free therefore eliminating that issue of breathing but she just wriggles and is free in 2 minutes then cries then ends up flicking the blanket over her head!!

I've ordered some 3-6 month swaddle blankets, the suggestion is to wean her off when she's ready so put one arm out until that's okay, then put the other one out. I'd personally like to try swaddling a bit looser each night until she's not held in at all.

When does the startle reflex stop? That might help a lot!!

Malita's startled reflex ended when she was around 3month which is when I heard they tend to stop

Food wise another good day today! 10 syns in total.

B - omelette (egg, peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, bacon) tomato ketchup (3)

L - pasta, tinned toms, onion, aubergine, courgette, peppers

D - chicken, BNS, broccoli, new potatoes, 1/2 tbsp oil (3)

Pud - blueberries, strawberries, yogurt (2.5), meringue (1.5)

1/2A milk, other half cheese. 2 alpen lights B

Food diary is looking real good

Thanks re the reflex. I think that may be the best time to stop the swaddling then. So long as she startles she'll always wake herself back up.

I'm feeling good atm. Assume this is because I have the other half to set an example for and whilst making his lunches etc I may as well be making my own too which means a good amount of SW friendly stuff going on!!

Thanks re the reflex. I think that may be the best time to stop the swaddling then. So long as she startles she'll always wake herself back up.

I'm feeling good atm. Assume this is because I have the other half to set an example for and whilst making his lunches etc I may as well be making my own too which means a good amount of SW friendly stuff going on!!

I used to hate that...meant i could never put her down at times....she would nap in my arms. Dont worry it will end soon.

Love the you and hubby SWing together. My hubby eats what I eat and I tend to make enough for us to both to have lunch the next day...however my hubby alway have ice cream...choccy or some sort pud. I keep telling him if he didnt he would have lost 5-10 kilos by now....oh well

Purely stating this for when I ever come on here and give the engagement announcement...he's not my hubby haha. Will be one day hopefully!!

James is the same, he told me today he struggles with SW because he's always hungry. I've told him 100 times he can eat as much as he likes but the only place near his work is tesco so he feels like he can't just grab a sandwich from there.

I've told him to take more food (he already takes a considerable amount), plus said he can get someone to get him more fruit, under 100 cal crisps (so he knows they're 5 syns or less), sushi, mug shots, but he's still not convinced.

He works 12 hours and is out the house for 14 so he's eating all the food at 2 then by the time he gets home at 7 he's famished!!

I'm going to put even more in his lunch tomorrow to see if that helps!

Any low syn tesco suggestions would be great. Especially from those with a sweet tooth

Xx

Purely stating this for when I ever come on here and give the engagement announcement...he's not my hubby haha. Will be one day hopefully!!

James is the same, he told me today he struggles with SW because he's always hungry. I've told him 100 times he can eat as much as he likes but the only place near his work is tesco so he feels like he can't just grab a sandwich from there.

I've told him to take more food (he already takes a considerable amount), plus said he can get someone to get him more fruit, under 100 cal crisps (so he knows they're 5 syns or less), sushi, mug shots, but he's still not convinced.

He works 12 hours and is out the house for 14 so he's eating all the food at 2 then by the time he gets home at 7 he's famished!!

I'm going to put even more in his lunch tomorrow to see if that helps!

Any low syn tesco suggestions would be great. Especially from those with a sweet tooth

Xx

Apologies for the 'hubby' assumption.

Maybe pack him some snacks? Alpen bars, Kellogs chewy delights

Or if your feeling up to it homemade Sweet potato crisps . Does he like fruit? Grape, apples etc.

Don't be sorry!

So yesterday he took:
Banana, satsuma, plum, strawberries, blueberries, Pom bears (4.5), 2 x FF yogurts, left over chicken stew, 1 pack basmati rice (1.5).

He has his A & B for breakfast so no spare for alpen bars!

I think he just has his diet head on so convinces himself he's hungry because he's on a 'diet' and therefore thinks about food all day and therefore thinks he's hungry - if that makes sense.

I've added a mug shot to his lunch today hopefully that'll do the trick!

Back