Pesty's Diary: Losing the baby bulge

Its hard at times I agree....HOWEVER you must stay motivated.

A gain sucks especially when you have had a good week.

What did the consultant say? Any tips for you to take into the new week?

We knew some weeks back that hormones will stop me losing but lily is 12 weeks now and I've not been breastfeeding for 6 weeks so I would have thought I'd start getting losses by now!!!

Basically 'stay strong' from my C

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm sorry, Pesty.
That's really tough.

The only thing I can suggest is that if your meal to recover from the sandwiches was just steal and chips with no speed foods...
... Maybe up the speed as much as you can?

At least I didn't get too far ahead of you tonight!

Yep Sarah. Proper sucks.

Might be a speed issue I suppose. Not fair that just that would ruin a whole week.

People at group are like 'I had 17 cakes and a bottle of wine and lost 5lb'

Not annoying. At all.

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like much fun to me all that alcohol and yum foods.

I'm not sure 'oh p*ss off' is constructive criticism of their weight loss journey but it made me feel better.

Yep Sarah. Proper sucks.

Might be a speed issue I suppose. Not fair that just that would ruin a whole week.

People at group are like 'I had 17 cakes and a bottle of wine and lost 5lb'

Not annoying. At all.

Oh that's so annoying.

I've seen people here doing like a day or two a week off SP.

Have you maybe considered trying that maybe that will help get over this lil bump.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I think I'm going to have to!!

Problem is that if I start restricting further like removing carbs then when I introduce them again I'll just put it back on!

It's the start of my journey and I know my body is happy at 11 which is quite far from where I am now so I shouldn't be stuck already!!

While I don't want to discourage people from doing SP - because in short bursts that can be very effective - in your case I think what you first need to do is to try to have more days of actually completely following the normal plan.

I know that what you are doing is to try to make the best choices under sometimes difficult circumstances.
I know that Lily doesn't always give you time to make something from scratch.
So when you have to grab a snack, rather than have a meal, at lunchtime, for example, you're doing the best you can, and picking the most relatively healthy options you can easily get at.
But unless every time you eat you're having 1/3 Speed foods, you're not technically totally following the plan.

This isn't an accusation!
It's a suggestion. So please don't take it the wrong way!

You've said a few times that your mum or somebody has had Lily for a few hours, and you've done batch cooking, so that your evening meals can be properly on the SW plan.
And with such a tiny baby, getting that organised is pretty impressive. It's certainly more than I ever managed!
But have you thought that you could maybe also batch prepare some veg, so that it's easier to add them to your meals when you're pushed for time?

It's just a suggestion. Your main meals seem usually to be good, because you think about them in advance, and do your best to make them on plan.
But I just wondered if I could help you to think about how you make the rest of your day's food slightly closer to the plan, even when it's hard to juggle eating and a baby***. Or even to up the speed foods for that one meal, which would maybe make a difference, even if it's not done for the whole day.

(*** NB - I'm not recommending juggling the baby...)

It's just a thought.
Only trying to help!

Comments much appreciated. I need to eat more. I get out as much as possible as I'm not a fan of staying in so that makes it difficult for me to do lunches.

I'm only off plan in that respect. I'll try to eat more and see what happens

While I don't want to discourage people from doing SP - because in short bursts that can be very effective - in your case I think what you first need to do is to try to have more days of actually completely following the normal plan.

I know that what you are doing is to try to make the best choices under sometimes difficult circumstances.
I know that Lily doesn't always give you time to make something from scratch.
So when you have to grab a snack, rather than have a meal, at lunchtime, for example, you're doing the best you can, and picking the most relatively healthy options you can easily get at.
But unless every time you eat you're having 1/3 Speed foods, you're not technically totally following the plan.

This isn't an accusation!
It's a suggestion. So please don't take it the wrong way!

You've said a few times that your mum or somebody has had Lily for a few hours, and you've done batch cooking, so that your evening meals can be properly on the SW plan.
And with such a tiny baby, getting that organised is pretty impressive. It's certainly more than I ever managed!
But have you thought that you could maybe also batch prepare some veg, so that it's easier to add them to your meals when you're pushed for time?

It's just a suggestion. Your main meals seem usually to be good, because you think about them in advance, and do your best to make them on plan.
But I just wondered if I could help you to think about how you make the rest of your day's food slightly closer to the plan, even when it's hard to juggle eating and a baby***. Or even to up the speed foods for that one meal, which would maybe make a difference, even if it's not done for the whole day.

(*** NB - I'm not recommending juggling the baby...)

It's just a thought.
Only trying to help!

Are speed foods the ones marked S or SS?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
So that's today's food.

Kraft light garlic and herb dip 2tbsp (2)
small white wine (4.5)
1/2 options sachet (1)
squares (4.5)

total 12

Forgot to add, B choice was the alpen lights. A choice was 15g Red Leicester (on dinner) and 125ml milk in tea.

Lily had her injections today so I'm quite impressed I managed to stay fully on plan with good meals including the speed foods!

Tomorrow is going to look pretty darn similar as there's still half a dish of cottage pie left!

((( Hugs ))) Jess.
As Sarah said, really try upping your speed foods. The new plan still says that you need to fill at least one third of your plate with Speed foods.

I know you don't want to cut out carbs - I feel the same. The bloat only reapperas as soon as you re-introduce them.
But have you thought about trying to eliminate sugary foods for a week and see if this helps.
Sugar has a lot to answer for and I know Hevs had great results when she cut them out of her diet.
Might be worth a bash.

Thanks Pom. That would just mean cutting my alpen bars really. On the odd week I go on a Mars Ice cream splurge but that's all really.

Unless you mean natural sugars too in which case my fruit would have to go.

If it still doesn't work this week I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it.

Back