Pheonix's Diary

Phoenix overal your going down your just taking the scenic route instead of the motorway.

You can get that off before the 1st just stick at it

:)

Phoenix you are doing great.

I do know what you mean, I dont think I have ever stuck to any plan for over two weeks without cheating a little.

Hoping to succeed this time though.

We can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Phoenix, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the others put me to shame too. This diet in not easy and I regularly find myself 'grazing' in the kitchen which then takes me out of ketosis. I am frantically typing away here so that I do not go near my son's birthday cake!

It may be something to do with the fact that you are getting so close to target - that's what I put my misdemeanors down to!

Don't beat yourself up. Keep posting, even if the losses are slower, they are still losses. Good luck in the week ahead.

It's definitely more difficult when you get nearer goal. I'm finding it really quite tough now and am starting to have a few things I shouldn't. Chosen carefully so they are ketogenic but still not strictly on plan. I think I'm feeling so much better that the urgency to lose the rest of the weight has gone. I still want to lose it but not as badly as before. Maybe that's ok though as it'll be a bit like a step up from the basic plan?

tues 21.....10.13.8
wed 22.....10.12.8
thurs 23 ...STS.....TOTM
Fri 24........STS

Oh Rats !!! need to lose 2.8lb by Thursday ...Hmmmm

and its the dreaded weekend :help2:

tues 21.....10.13.8
wed 22.....10.12.8
thurs 23 ...STS.....TOTM
Fri 24........STS
sat 25 .....STS
sun 26......STS

See you in the STS support group :cry:

TOTM should b****r off soon tho so you should be due a decent drop once that happens. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Does it make that much of a difference then?

yes it does for me
I just buy the oatbran in the cereal aisle at tesco

id prefer wheatbran as its lower carbs but difficult to find

oh i see you found some , thats a great price

I just sprinkle it in my porridge before i microwave it not after otherwise its bitty

if ive been that morning ill just put 1 or 2 spoons in , if i havnt ill put 3 in , so i regulate it like that and im going most days

i think the key is a regular steady supply of it in your system from day one or even before to keep things moving , havnt needed to resort to laxitives which is a great relief , excuse the pun !

btw its a heaped teaspoon
ive put it in cottage pie too when i could stand the vile stuff
and chilli , so doesnt have to be the porridge

They do the one I posted the link for in Asda for 68p! The Asda link didn't post properly for some reason so I found it somewhere else to post the link to make sure it was the right stuff. I will get some I think and see if it helps. I've tried every other damn thing :). I don't have porridge every day so it will need to be put in the meals.

Jeez , down a lb this morning , thanks heavens for that , was beginning to lose the will to go on

I actually had to rub my eyes and do a double take as I was totally expecting to STS again , feels like so long since I had a loss

it certainly does remotivate you , im the lightest Ive been in 6 years ..again !! lol

Lets hope this time I dont cock it up:D

tues 21.....10.13.8
wed 22.....10.12.8
thurs 23 ...STS.....TOTM
Fri 24........STS
sat 25 .....STS
sun 26......STS
Mon 27.....10.11.8

What is it with the .8s?

well to hit my new target of 10.10 by March 1st is cutting it fine to say the very least , 2 days to lose 1.8 lbs , not possible I dont think

Im going to glug water like its going out of fashion next 2 days , a little experiment im conducting

Just looked at my original Easter target on my kitchen wall and it says an optimistic 9 stone , ha ha , I nearly spat my coffee out , how dillusional was I?

New Target for Easter a much more realistic 10 stone

Last edited:
Oooooohh!!!

just realised theres an extra day this months so I have 3 days to lose 1.8lb , weigh in being Thursday not Wednesday as I thought

Hmm that makes me think its almost possible :D...almost!!

Go for it Phoenix!

STS today

have a confession , surprise surprise

yesterday had chilli, porridge and a bar , then another bar , then another and a couple of low carb chocolate rice cakes ...oh dear

anyway the moral of the story is I just cannot have the bars, they trigger the desire to binge in me , i cant be trusted around them

I never have a meal or a shake and then immediately after want another one , it just doesnt happen

Im going to avoid the bars completely for a week and just have meals everyday

2 porridge , 1 chilli, 1 spag bol and my veg ,nothing there triggers a binge , that is plenty , I wont feel hungry and the bars are going in the garage , they are the devils food lol:D

Morning Hun I was reading through my diary last night and I think my probs of having my binges began when I started adding the spaghetti meals instead of just 3 shakes a day, maybe I'm wrong but I think it makes me feel like I can eat real food and lose weight which obviously I can but just knowing when I have to stop! I'm lucky that I still lose usually by my weigh in ( only just) but during the week leading up to it the weight is on and off whereas before 3ilksjakes a day and nothing else kept me losing religiously so I might have to go back to that, which is a shame cos I love the meals with the little bit of veg but it Iust leads me to having the odd cheese stick or piece of ham that stares at me in the fridge lol good luck for the rest of the week this was so much easier when I first started xxx

It really helps to analyse what triggers the cheating doesnt it ? and hopefully this is something I will take with me when im maintaining

there is just no way I could do this diet on the shakes alone so I really admire you if youre able to do that , luckily the meals always satisfy me and yes it does feel like eating proper meals , but thats what I like about it

I cant have cheese or ham in the house at all , my son for the time being has to have cheese spread and peanut butter in his sandwiches for packed lunch otherwise some days im making numerous trips to the fridge for just another small slice , and another , and another

I have started cooking in bulk his whole weeks evening meals at the weekend and freezing them , so there is practically nothing for me to pick at in the fridge

my latest obsession is raisins and everytime I open the cupboard I want to grab a handful so Im debating how to avoid that temptation at the moment, not open the cupboard lol

as you can tell my will power is pretty non existent at times which is why I have to employ so many tactics

If I still lived with a partner I really dont think I would be able to do it , luckily my son is only 5 and he is not at all fussy , he eats healthily and pretty much whatever i give him

He has a snack box with cereal bars , go ahead biscuits etc in and he loves frozen yogurts and fruit, we dont have chocolate or crisps in the house at all. So his diet has improved too and he is learning about healthy alternatives to junk foods

Its a good job this diet is so flexible , ive chopped and changed it around constantly in an attempt to keep on the straight and narrow

Im finding it harder than I did in the beginning but i think thats becasue I now only need to lose 1 and a half stone and not 3 and a half

As I get nearer to goal I dont feel the urgency to lose it as i feel much better about my body now , which is good , but also bad

still it took me about 15 years to gain it ,even if it takes a year to lose it , I will lose it :)

Back