Pheonix's Diary

Im so glad I am not the only one who loses the ability to count when I have a bar!I ordered 5 in my last order and when I went to get one three days later they had all gone! It is all a learning curve though!

Well im definitely not in ketosis and I just recorded a 4.2 loss on the feb challenge

as I started feb in ketosis and ended it out , Im not as unhappy with that overall

becasue I would factor in 4 to 5lb of water

so what seemed like a disastrous month may not have been all that bad, at least my current weight of 10.11.8 is a true weight

Ive put the bars in the garage , and im going to try the unthinkable , a week of shakes only . I want to completely eliminate food for 7 days and see if it gives me a boost

Im also , shock horro , not going to weigh myself until next wednesday morning , what will the scales say , exciting !!

It coincides with my son going up to Glencourse barracks next week to do his adsc 2 day selection course for the army , so hes training hard this week to get fit

I want to show some solidarity and also make him as proud of me as I am of him (silly mummy moment ) :D

Wish me luck Im going in :wave_cry:

Good luck and sounds like a good plan. I would like to try just shakes for a week, but may wait until my losses slow down a bit more, if it works for you, you might be onto a winner and we can all give it a go!

Fingers crossed for you! x

good luck hun i think after my weigh in tomorrow im going back to only having shakes just to see it that helps me too, the hardest bit will be to keep off the scales..lol xxxx

ha ha I feel like a guinea pig , oh the pressure !

Im tempted to slink off for a week and just knuckle down , but I know in reality that wont work , so i might just bore you with my daily trials and tribulations instead as a means of distraction more than anything else

You can do it Phoenix lets see if having just the shakes kicks your weight loss :)

In a bid to distract myself from food for a week Im going to spend a week researching food lol

please feel free to contribute to my new maintenance thread

pleaaaase , im actually begging you because I relied way too much on bread (up to 8 slices a day ...Iknow :eek:) and cereals before

so although my diet before included lots of fruit , veg , and I always tried to make healthy choices , I am going to need to prepare for life after s and s and how im going to fill the void that I used to stuff full of bread and cheerios :D

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-refeeding-maintenance/262752-my-new-low-carb-life.html#post4789307

Good luck Phoenix :). I'm not sure what to put down for the Feb challenge. I lost a little but put on a bit the last 3 days. Do I weigh tomorrow and record that as the final WI? Think that's what I'll do because surely the scales can't go up again tomorrow, I've been 100% for the last 3 days!

I always use whatever weight i am o the 1st of the month

I was going to use tomorows weight as my last WI for feb and my first WI for the Easter challenge

having decided not to weight myself now for a week , Ill just guess I STS again today at 10.11.8 , thatll be my starting weight tomoro

Ive had 2 shakes today , one more to go , havnt felt hungry and it feels nice not having to think about food , hope it lasts

gonna be hard staying off the scales though he he

I tried a pair of cut off jeans today that I used to love wearing in the summer but havnt been able to get in for about 4 years and they fit me , its really weird because i tried them a couple of weeks and they were still very tight and my weight is no different today , just cant work it out really! So I tried a couple of tops that were still tight and they just fell onto me , in fact they were a bit loose , finally my boobs are shrinking !!

3 people have commented on my weight this week so its really starting to show too even if it doesnt show on the scales , feels good :)

Well Day 1 on shakes only went well

had a hot coffee shake about lunchtime
hot vanilla shake with coffee around 6pm and then forced myself to have a hot chocolate shake just before bed

Really didnt feel hungry at all and didnt even want the 3rd shake, but didnt want to under feed and wake up in the night feeling hungry

Measured my waist last night and have lost 2 inches , which is odd becasue my weight is the same as the last time I measured it

Also lost 2 inches from hips and 3 inches from chest , Ive updated the first post accordingly

I wonder where the weight goes when you lose inches but not weight because nothing has got bigger to compensate for the shrinkage? I could be substituting fat for muscle but I really dont do any exercise ....its a bit odd!

The only explanation i can think of is that last time I measured my waist I was in ketosis and now Im not , so Im now carrying water in my liver ? Once that goes the scales will drip accordingly. Boggled !!

Well done on the start of the shake regime. I may join you on Mon if things don't pick up. Someone who did CD for the same length of time as me found that SS stopped working for her at around the same time that my losses slowed / stopped so maybe the body just tells you it's had enough? I'll stay on track for a bit longer tho (just had 84 shakes delivered!) and then decide what to do.

Hope the week on shakes works out for you. X

Good luck Hun I'm doing 3 shakes as well and really going to try and not get on the scales until weigh in day next week x

Good luck phoenix, sounds like you had a good first day of shakes anyway. I know what you mean about wondering why measurements are smaller, yet the scales remain the same, it's really odd and I don't understand it either, but i'll take it! x

Well day 2 shakes only didnt go quite so well

Had a banana shake for breakfast and a vanilla one for lunch

i really couldnt face another shake in the evening , so had spag bol (no veg) and porridge , so still only 4 packs and no cheating

back on the shakes today , dont know why but they are making me feel a bit queasy , i think its because Ive been used to having the meals and veg and with shakes alone its really just liquid sloshing about in there and i feel a bit odd

Anyway day 2 was tough , as I was really suffering with the hunger , hopefully it wont be so bad today and I can stick to 3 shakes again

But you can still give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to it without picking :)

Hello im just have a read of your diary.. do are doing so well i like reading your posts.

can i ask y u are doing shakes only this week please? x

Day 3 and had 3 shakes , the third one was a struggle , i actually fell asleep on the sofa and woke up about 11pm , realised I had only had 2 and forced it down before bed

Today will be harder , alwasy struggle on the weekend

I am finding the weekly weigh in quite freeing already, Ive been a daily weigher from day one and never thought I could change or wanted to

I like the motivation I get from seeing a loss , it spurs me on , however as I get smaller the losses are less and the sts days are more frequent and I think it might be time for a change

one of 3 things seem to happen lately when i daily weigh

1. I have a loss , Brilliant its working , it spurs me on
2. I have a loss , Brilliant Im doing so well , I deserve a treat today as I can relax a bit
3. I STS , oh FGS thats the 5th day in a row whats the bloody point , i may as well cheat its not working anyway

Hmmm a brief look into the mind of Pheonix :D

so 2 out of 3 scenarios cause me to cheat , hence my 2 steps forward , one step back approach

I dont miss getting on the scales every day (never thought Id say that) I dont miss walking around all day with that number in my head and the thought processes that it sends me through

I feel thinner than I did last week , my clothes fit better, Im finding it easier to stay on plan every day, that should be enough , and at the moment it is

Another thing , becasue Ive set myself a target of just 3 shakes a day for a while , then if i have 4 or feel i need a meal instead then it feels like a treat/cheat

Normally , lately , a day would involve maybe 3 meals and one bar plus veg allowance , therefore no room to add anything in , treat myself or cheat

Its purely a psychological thing , a mind trick !!

arent we complicated creatures ?:D

Im going to weigh myself on wednesday and Im going to do everything I can between now and then to make sure I have a smile on my face

I would be thrilled with 3lb , so lets see.

crossed post :)

I admire your strong willpower i just wish i didnt scale hop so many times during the week, plus i struggle on the weekends too.

fingers crossed your your 3lbs off this week :)

Thanks Danii
but strong will power is something that I only have for short bursts of time , it rarely lasts past 10 days so i have to make the most of it when the urge appears
fingers crossed :)

Back