Pheonix's Diary

Wow Phoenix those 26lbs have made a massive difference to you! You're looking great hun. No wonder your body doesn't want to lose anymore, it knows you looks fab.

Im short and most of my excess weight is on my middle , my bum , legs and hips dont carry that much weight ,and my boobs havnt lost much , maybe one cup size,
I think thats why the difference is noticeable
I still want to lose about another 20lb

2 stone Yay!!

Lost 3lb overnight !!!:eek:

Dont know what the hell is going on , yesterday I was 10.12.6 and today Im 10.9.8 so thats 2.8lb over night

I had to get back on the scales to check

I have been trying forever and a day to hit 10.10 and make it 2 stone off , but couldnt seem to get there

what have I done differently ? well the last few day Im eating more , around 1000 calories a day and Ive upped my carb intake to about 80-100 , becasue Im fed up going in and out of ketosis and the headaches and lethargy

plus Ive started walking uphill on the treadmill every day for 30 minutes and need the extra calories and energy

Im eating lots of protein , most days 2 chicken breasts and a tin of tuna , Im stealing chips of my sons plate at dinner time, jelly babies in the car , 7 carbs each , I nearly bloody fainted when I realised that

So I really dont get what is going on but Im thrilled :D

Im happier , have more energy and had resigned myself to losing the remaining 20lb over the next few months at 1lb or less per week

Tracking on My Fitness Pal everyday has been a revelation , seeing exactly what carbs and protein Im eating is making me really try hard to get the balance right for losing weight

Im still using s and s packs , yesterday I had porridge and chilli , the day before 2 porridge , 1 chilli , 1 spag bol , becasue while Im getting used to tracking I want to know Im still getting good nutrition, plus I have packs to use up.

I really want my s and s 28 lb badge but Im going to hold off in case this is a fluke and I go back up tomoro , if I maintain this loss ill give it to myself on Mothers Day :D

Fab loss, and who the hell cares about the whys or wherefores if it's shifting at last. Enjoy the feeling while your body is playing ball.

Well done Phoenix! As BG says who cares why we are just pleased it is still disappearing and that you are doing so well. Perhaps it is just that you are in control and keeping your body guessing? You are getting closer to your goal each day!

Thanks ladies

STS today Yippeeee!! was so convinced it was a fluke and would go back up today but it stayed off !!

Ive set my goals on MFP to the following and seems to be working and I dont feel deprived at all
Cals 1000
Carbs 40% 100g
Protein 35% 88g
Fat 25% 28g

Ill up the calories to 1200 in a couple of weeks but for now I feel like im having enough , 2 or 3 packs a day and lots of high protein , low carb snacks, eggs, chicken, ham, frankfurters
Have discovered how delicious sunflower seeds are with natural yogurt , I know they are high in fat but its good fats , which Im trying to stick to

Struggling to find enough sweet things that are low carb (not sweets) , any ideas welcome to satisfy my occassional sweet tooth and minimize my likelyhood of binging :)

Have you tried sugar free jelly for the sweet craving? I used to have a lot of that when I was on Atkins.

Yes, sugar free jelly. A pretty much guilt free snack, even if you have a whole packet at once :).

Sugar free jelly with strawberries in the jelly yummy :)

Vodka jelly, still no carbs :)

Oh yeah now we are talking :) mmmmm

Oh dear its been 2 weeks since i posted in my diary

I have been totally off any kind of plan at the moment , but amazingly my weight seems to have stabilized , not that I know what i weight Im going by how my clothes fit

Im off on hols on saturday with my girlie mates and our kiddies for a week in the New Forest , and i plan to restart when I get back and try to stay on plan until June (next holiday) ,would like to get to 10 stone by then

I wont be doing s and s 100% I dont think , most probably 2 packs a day , plus a healthy dinner and a couple of snacks , but i will be tracking on mfp and walking uphill 30 minutes a day

I cant face going back to s and s 100% , I cant deal with the headaches and Im really crap at staying in ketosis once I actually get there , so im constantly suffering headaches and hunger because im so rubbish at it

Although I know if I could just do it for 4 weeks I can lose a stone , Ive done it twice before , for some reason the determination has gone , I suppose because Im now 2 stone overweight and not 4 , makes a big difference to how I feel about myself

Ill keep an open mind and see how I feel after my holiday, I might get a rush of determination , you never know

Anyway I hope you are all getting on ok , Im still around , just not as much :)

Hey Phoenix, was wondering how you were doing. Have a lovely holiday and hope you come back for that stretch to June. Although it's great that you're all getting to goal or so close (and so able to get more flexible) I do miss the "old crew" :)

Hi Phoenix, good to hear from you. Hope you have a great holiday and come back relaxed and refreshed. I know what you mean about sticking to plan. I've pretty much been sticking to plan though but still my losses have slowed considerably now. I'm having a complete break at Easter and that will do one of 2 things I guess. Either shake up my metabolism and I'll lose more weight when I get back on track than I have been doing, or I won't lose more and I'll be aggy again :). Either way I'm damn well going to enjoy the break (and wine!).

And Maka, hope you had a great holiday hun. I miss our little crew and forum too - I can't keep up with anything these days so I've just about given up trying. I'm more into MFP these days.

me too , im on mfp more , but im not even checking into there every day at the moment
Im probably going to come back from my holiday , get on the scales and want to kill myself lol
But at least now i know that theres a solution
and actually a sharp rise on the scales might just kick my butt and get me back on plan for the last push
Im going shopping for a swimsuit today , not my favourite pastime , but its not something i would have even considered before

One of the reasons I wanted to lose weight is my sons fear of water and inability to swim , I felt like i was failing him by not being able to get in a pool with him due to my embarrassment

I managed to get him part way over his fear at New years when we stayed in a hotel with freinds , but we have the opportunity to spend alot more time in the water next week and I really want to try and bring him on some more , with a view to him starting lessons in the summer hols

So when Im looking in the mirror at my white flabby body in a swimsuit and my socks Ill try to remind myself why Im putting myself through this lol

Phoenix - DO NOT wear socks with a swimsuit! Not a good look :)

Please don't tell me that you wear a swimsuit, socks and sandals! ;)

Oh, and I just thought that I'd mention that I saw an 11 on the scales this morning. Remember our little bet to be first to the next number? ;). Anyway, it will be short lived as I'm having a break over Easter so am more likely to see a 7lb gain when I start back, but still I know the number is achievable.

Yes well done he he , you well and truly thrashed me lol like i knew you would :)

I havnt been on the scales but i reckon if I did Id see an 11 too , albeit 11.1 or 2, Im well and truly stalling at the moment but its OK Im not really trying

with holiday looming theres nothing i can do now , so hopefully ill be back on it after

ill weigh in when I get back and going to do s and s 100% for a while to see how far I get before my packs run out , would be nice to get down to 10 by next holiday , so I think ill be using my diary again for a while

I know im still about 20lb overweight but for some reason , I look in the mirror and my brain says "you look ok girl !" lol

the last 2 times Ive done a full month on plan Ive lost 16 and 13lbs , so I can easily shift a stone I reckon. I just need to feel that urgency that was there before , perhaps spending next week with my slimmer friends will do it :)

Back