Phoenix's Soul Source Diary

Hiya, wow congrats on your amazing weightloss! That's fantastic! :wow:
It sounds like you're really doing well.
Hope you have a great day. :)

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and support!

I'm at the end of day 13 now, and still feeling grand, though I have decided I do not like the leek and potato soup anymore! I'm gonna give the mushroom one another try tomorrow, and if I still don't like that one, I'm not going to buy any other soups again!

Looking forward to my weigh in on monday, and I feel well prepared for only losing 2-4 pounds. I've been reading a lot of information about bars, mix-a-mouse and water flavourings, and how they can affect losses. I think I will by bars, purely for the variation and ease, but I think I could live without water flavourings - I used to hate plan water, but it's grown on me. I may get some, but have it infrequently. Mouse doesn't bother me.

My dad is also planning to start Cambridge Diet. What a weird week.

Had my second weigh in today, and I lost 4.25 pounds, which I'm actually pretty pleased with :) I also got bars and water flavourings.

My CDC advised me to avoid the chewy bars as they have a higher carb content then any of the others, but I got a couple to try, to see if they were worth it. I had the chocolate one on the way home, and really didn't love it, so that's a no-no. The water flavouring is probably going to be kept occasional, because while it was a nice change, I didn't absolutely love it.

I've been finding it so hard this week...I'm craving food really badly, and feel a tiny bit hungry all of the time. And getting my 2.5/3 litres of water a day has also been giving me problems. I haven't strayed, not even 1%, but it's feeling really difficult at the moment. Hopefully my weigh in on monday will cheer me up, and until them I'm avoiding the kitchen. Particularly the bits that have cheese in.

Today has been hard! Not because I've been hungry or anything like that, but when I woke up my sister was here and I ended up going out with her and my Dad, forgetting to eat my morning pack. I didn't get my first one till 4PM! I've had three now, and I don't think I'll get a fourth in today without overloading myself on carbs.

Anyway. Weigh in tomorrow, which I am looking forward to.

3 3/4 pounds, bringing my total to 23.5 pounds! I'm a little disappointed, but hopefully I'll have a better loss next week.

Four and three quarter pounds this week! Bringing my total loss to 2 stone and one quarter pounds. I am absolutely thrilled! A similar sort of loss next week and I'll have reached my first goal.

Thanks Delicious-Jax! Good look with your own journey, I hope your first day went well?

4.25lb this week, which I'm pretty pleased with. I have now lost more than 10% of my body weight! Next week I should reach my first goal (as long as I lose 1.5lb, no biggie) and can start on my second one (17 stone 6lb, that I'd like to maybe reach by Christmas but know it's a tall order. I can dream, right? Also, six inches from my waist in....five weeks!!

Great news Hun, that weight is dropping off you. Are you finding the diet pretty easy now? And dream away it is goals like this that keep me going (I'm hoping for 15st 7lbs by Xmas). Well done on the inch loss too xx

Great news Hun, that weight is dropping off you. Are you finding the diet pretty easy now? And dream away it is goals like this that keep me going (I'm hoping for 15st 7lbs by Xmas). Well done on the inch loss too xx

Thanks. I do find it pretty easy, nothing too difficult. A little boring, I'll admit, and I do keep craving food, but it's not impossible. You are such an inspiration!

Thanks. I do find it pretty easy, nothing too difficult. A little boring, I'll admit, and I do keep craving food, but it's not impossible. You are such an inspiration!

Thank you Hun. You are definitely speaking my language as I have found this week so difficult. A mixture of a cold and the weather have made me an unhappy bunny but I still plod on. I'm just bored and would love something warm inside me. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end :D

So, after my sixth week I have finally achieved my first goal! I'm (more than) 25% of the way there, having lost two stone eight pounds. Works out something like seven stone four to go. I was a little disappointed with my loss this week, only 3.5 pounds, but to be honest I think it had more to do with the clothes I was wearing than anything else!

I got more bars this weeks, but I've already had two! I'm not too bothered, as long as I don't knock myself out of ketosis and average one a day, I don't think it'll affect me too badly.

Congrats, Hon, you are doing amazingly well. Don't knock the 3.5lbs, though, as it's still a loss. My average loss is about that, to be honest.
Anyway, have a great evening. :)

Yay..well done an achieving your goal, but Tessie is right 3.5 is a good loss so I hope you aren't too disappointed- it is all in the right direction. You're doing a great job, just think how different you will look by xmas xx

So, after my sixth week I have finally achieved my first goal! I'm (more than) 25% of the way there, having lost two stone eight pounds. Works out something like seven stone four to go. I was a little disappointed with my loss this week, only 3.5 pounds, but to be honest I think it had more to do with the clothes I was wearing than anything else!

well done phoenix, I think anyone who sticks with sole source is a miracle. I still nibble at this and that and even last night as I went to bed I thought, I am just making life harder for myself, reading your posts, I am going to have a word with myself about sole sourcing, what the real issue is for me, cos nibbling is just prolonging the process.I think your progress is just fine.

Back