Photo on fridge.

I know my jigglyness doesn't come just from weight, it's age, having children, not enough exercise and a multitude of other things.

The way I look at it now is I can't do anything about some of the things but I can do something about my weight and exercise so at least that'll improve things.

The photo thing at other peoples houses are a nightmare. If they are out on show at mum's or grandma's take the old ones out of the frame and replace them with the new ones yourself and 'lose' the original in the process - I've done that in the past.

If you just give them the new photo it gets put in a drawer. I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about the ones people have hidden away but at least if you change the ones on show all the time it makes you feel better.

Tracey

Tracey, yeah I could possibly do that, but all my photos as a child are also when I was overweight and they depress me. I always tell my mother: I hate those photos! Why do you put them up? And she says that she loves them... urgh. I'm not sure I can convince them, but I can give them new ones at least.

Yep, I must admit mothers have some strange ideas. In the days of normal cameras, my mum took a photo of me holding up the league cup - the real league cup from the English football league! I asked her were my knickers showing above my jeans and she said no. Just to make sure, I made her take 2 more and told her to check my knickers weren't showing. When I got them developed all 3 had about 2 inches of big white sloggi knickers showing and my mum said, 'It doesn't matter, they're good photos of you!' Yuck!

Tracey

Yep, I must admit mothers have some strange ideas. In the days of normal cameras, my mum took a photo of me holding up the league cup - the real league cup from the English football league! I asked her were my knickers showing above my jeans and she said no. Just to make sure, I made her take 2 more and told her to check my knickers weren't showing. When I got them developed all 3 had about 2 inches of big white sloggi knickers showing and my mum said, 'It doesn't matter, they're good photos of you!' Yuck!

Tracey

Hahahaha, oh dear how horrific! Sorry, didn't mean to laugh at you there but that's pretty epic stuff.

Hi Ladies,

I have my before and after LL photos posted on one page inside my cupboard. But, I am going to make can the sheet a couple of times, laminate the scanned sheets and post them on the fridge and inside the other cupboards with food. The difference in amazing -- and the "after" was a more than stone more than goal (which I reached, maintain for a time, and down working my way back down to).

And, even when I was my thinnest and in my best shape people managed to take photos of me that were so bad that (thankfully) no one realised it was me. Look at all the "celebrities without make up", "bad bikini bods", "celebrity celluite", etc. photos -- I've seen photos that made Angelina Jolie look bad.

MM

I don't mind you laughing at me Peachy. Can you imagine having a pic like that and not being able to show anyone? I suppose I could cut the bottom half off and wizz it. I couldn't wizz the photos coz I'll never get the chance to hold the cup again.

Mel, I wouldn't worry about those photos looking like 'bad bikini bods' etc. They're just normal photos of celebs minus the airbrushing. They all look like we do when they haven't been airbrushed.

Tracey

That description of your pic made me smile too!
You could scan the photos cut/edit any bits you want and then print them out on glossy paper - and show those to people! That way you wouldn't need to cut up any of the original if you didn't want to.

The pics of celebs looking bad admittedly make me feel better. In my head I know they don't always look perfectly polished, and sometimes a reminder is nice that they're real people too. It's too easy to think no-one else ever looks bad.

Of course I "never" edit any of my pics! Although i just tend to crop off any bits I don't like out of laziness!
I'm not too bad these days actually but that's mainly because the programmes i have now are more limited than on my old computer.

I think its nice to have a couple of pic's that I actually like, and no-one else has to know they've been tweeked a little.

Back