Physical symptoms of being overweight

Sjr1969

:jelous: Hi everyone I joined this lovely group yesterday. I have all my old ww stuff out and am ready to change my life.
It used to be because I looked awful overweight, now its also because I feel so poorly with it too.

I just wondered if anyone can anyone relate? I'm short of breath very easily, I can't properly bend over to paint my nails/put my boots/trainers on etc., I'm getting chest pain, indigestion, aches and pains. Feel like I'm ready for the scrap heap :eek:

ps I just tried a top on which I thought would still fit me and it got stuck on my arms, took me ages to get off. This is getting ridiculous :sigh:

sarah x

Yes can definately relate to all of that, i hurt my back about 10 years ago and the pain gets worse once i get past a certain weight,if i lose a bit it almost disappears all together. That is adding to my motivation as i don't want to end up with severe mobility problems as i get older. I am 39 this year so really need to get my weight under control once and for all. How old are you?
I am going back to swimming and zumba either this week or next so hoping if i increase my fitness i won't get breathless so easily. I also have several items of clothing i get stuck in!!!! lol

Hey nikki I'm 43 going on 83!!! I do have m.e/fibromyalgia so I tend not to exercise but I'm hoping to increase my activity to help weight loss and mobility. Which in turn should make me feel better. I have to do this now, it's not just about image anymore x

I totally understand, I'm getting backache because I'm standing in a certain way to compensate for my stomach. I've also always been clicky and crunchy in my joints (if that makes sense) and I know I'm getting older (just turned 40) but when I lost weight a couple of years ago and was running too they were much much better. I love walking too but currently can't do hills, I physically feel sick and look terrible - it's made worse by my naturally fit hubby practically skipping up them and looking totally fresh at the top!

Hey nikki I'm 43 going on 83!!! I do have m.e/fibromyalgia so I tend not to exercise but I'm hoping to increase my activity to help weight loss and mobility. Which in turn should make me feel better. I have to do this now, it's not just about image anymore x

Lol, i know exactly what you mean, i also feel like i am 38 going on 88 some days!!!! I'm sure even walking would do us good!!! Hopefully the fact it isn't just about how we look will spur us on this time.

Im 27 going on 97! Will list ailments caused or worsened by weight...

Asthma
Acid Reflux
IBS
Sleep Trouble
Knee and leg pain

Also anytime i get a basic bug thats doing the rounds i'm hit for 6. Takes me longer to recover. Not good reading really is it?!

Back