Physiobob loses a load

physiobob

I thought I would start a weight loss diary - partly to keep track of my progress but also to spare my long suffering fiance the constant taking about dieting!

I haven't always been big, I was skinny until he age of 22 ish and then just got bigger. Lost a load of weight about 6 years ago but gradually put it all back on and more again.

Why now? I'm honestly just fed up of abusing my body and feeling sluggish and hot all the time. I honestly don't think I have a problem with food but have always had a problem with drinking a bit too much - never to the point of alcoholic but I couldn't say no to night out or a trip to the pub or a few cans at home in the evening.

I'm getting married in May so want to lose some weight by then, I realise that I won't hit my target by then, but hope I can look a little slimmer.

Its been a good couple of weeks so far. I think it helps that I'm a pretty good cook who can make something out of practically nothing!

Loving red days and quorn so far!

Last edited:
End of week 2

Well it's the end of my second week following SW and I have to say I'm impressed with the results to far. Unfortunately I didn't weigh myself immediately prior to starting but did weigh myself about 2 weeks previous to starting and I weighed 100kg. I had started drinking less alcohol prior to starting so may have lost some weight through that.

Last week on Sat I weighed 96kg and this week I weigh 94kg! so am made up!

I have stuck 100% to plan but perhaps made the mistake (it seems to be quite a common one) of not eating enough syns. I was getting by on about 2 per day.

On tuesday felt awful and made the mistake of weighing myself mid week -no loss and this depressed me. I came on here and had a read around and think it was the lack of syns. So from then on in I have had at least 10 per day. And it seems to be doing the job.

I have been running 3-4 times a week at the gym - using an Iphone app call "couch to 5k" which has really helped my building up my running stamina.

I tend to eat the same during the day until evening meal and then vary it from there.

Breakfast -
Porridge made with water and 2 sweeteners
My HEA milk allowance for tea and coffee throughout the day

Mid morning snack -
Banana or Clementine - or both!
or walkers baked crisps - 7.5 syns if I need them

Lunch -
Salad - tomato, cucumber and either lean ham or chicken.
Banana and or clementine

Home from work prior to gym snack -
2x large snack-a-jacks - 5 syns

Evening meal -

Have had beef stir fry
or
chicken with broccoli and green beans
or
peppered steak with broccoli and mushrooms (my favourite)

Going to try piri piri chicken with veg tonight.

I'm going out for a drink with friends tonight so saving my syns for a few beers later.

Will update next week. :D

Back