Pig Dogs and Princesses unite....

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by kimber, 18 August 2009 Social URL.

1. kimber

kimber Full Member

My name is Kim, my friends (Fi and Lou) and I are always discussing weight loss and we all have very different goals. We thought it would be a nice to have a central place where we can chat and help each other reach our long term goals.

Personally I do not follow a set diet but seem to have settled on a calorie controlled diet.

To get us started I thought I would post my food diary from yesterday

B 30 g Bran flakes 100 cal
    300ml milk (allowance for day) 100 cal
    Pint water

S 1.5L water
    2 cups tea (using milk allowance)

L 600ml tub carrot soup (sainsburys) 120 cal
    packaged salad (sainsburys) 120 cal

S 2 cans diet coke
    2.5L water

D Pork Loin 105g 200 cal
    Jacket pot 200g 150cal
    Loads of veg (brocolli, cauliflower and french beans)
    Homemade ratatouee (tomato puree, onion, courgette, pepper, mushroom, carrot, chilli)

I don't tend to count cals on veg and salad as I have a quite low cal intake apart from this.

Pigdogs - get posting!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x Alex x

x Alex x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    healthy eating/cal count
    Ok then, my food for the day so far

2 cereal bars (166cals)

mid morning banana, apple and nectarine,

12noon - 3 rice cakes and a choc mousse (144cals)

lunch - probably a weight watchers soup and small slice of bread (150cals)

mid afternoon - a curly wurly (115 cals)

tea - probably something boring like a 200cal bowl of cereal (i'm so not in a cooking mood at the moment)!!!
  4. kimber

kimber Full Member

Hi Alex

Do you tend to find that by eating chocolate and mousse it stalls your weight loss? Personally I have a non processed diet all week then let my hair down one day at weekends. Do you excercise at all?
  5. x Alex x

x Alex x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    healthy eating/cal count
    to be honest I would go insane if I didn't have chocolate. I ride my horses every night after work for 1-2 hours, and gym once or twice a week
  6. roaming_fifi

roaming_fifi Full Member

OK so a typical day for me:

Fruit and Fibre Cereal (40g) 145 cal
    Skimmed milk (100g) 34 cal

Nectarine 66cal
    Cup of tea with dash of skimmed milk 20cal

Pitta Bread 147cal
    1/2 tin tuna 54cal
    Salad Cream (15g) 49cal
    Salad Leaves 15cal
    Walkers Quavers 87cal (if i am having a good day i will leave these out!)

Cup of tea with dash of skimmed milk 20cal
    Digestive Biscuit 70cal

Tonights dinner:prawn Thai Red Curry
    King Prawns 70cal
    Red Thai Curry Paste 20cal
    1/2 tin Blue Dragon Light Coconut Milk 204cal
    White Rice (100g) 130cal

I also drink over 2 litres of water throughout the day

Total Calorie Intake: 1123

I try to excersise at the gym or running on the road 4 times per week which normally burns 400 cal each time.

I am trying to stick to a diet of less than 1200 cal per day - this is easier when i excersise as obviously can eat more food!!
  7. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

ok, mine so far is,

Fruit and Fibre for breakfast with chopped banana in, ( I never weighed this today!)
    Cereal Bar

Salad for lunch with toms, cucumber, sweetcorn, peppers, jalepenos, chicken with no dressing
    Fruit corner yoghurt

1 x Can diet coke

For dinner I will have Chili with quorn mince and ( 80g) of cooked rice!
  8. kimber

kimber Full Member

Hey Roaming Fi FI and Lou! Loving the name fi!

Fi, I am really sorry to shatter your illusions but think you may have the wrong cals for your rice (I know that when I had 100g of dry weight rice it was about 350 cals) if you are only eating 100g cooked weight you are a saint, is that for dry weight or cooked weight?

I always tend to measure cals from the dry weight rather than cooked as you have more control!

Girls can't believe you both eat the f and f for brekkie is my idea of hell!
  9. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

Oh no don't get me wrong, I usually have Toast but im trying out the fruit and Fibre! Forgot to put that I will also go for a run after work tonight.

10. roaming_fifi

roaming_fifi Full Member

Thanks kimber... deffinitely something to look out for - think I might reduce my rice to 75g. I LOVE F&F with extra raisins :) it has been my friend since quiting the toast - not an easy challenge though as i used to love my marmite!! :(
  11. kimber

kimber Full Member

well girlies
    Just back from the gym that racks me up 2 sessions this week already! yay! normally I miss a monday but must have been feeling super motivated. I am going to set up some more princess and pig dog message so we can post on other things... I think we should use this one to post our daily foods! I will post the previous days every morning......
    I am so rubbish in the morning I wouldnt have the patience to make toast, i dont have a toaster so have to use the pest grill! However I do think that if you dont have butter and just marmite or a scrape of jam / lemon curd you may be ok? Also as I love my savoury I sometimes use low fat cream cheese which is lush with the marmite!cI can hardly pour the milk in my bowl though I am usually still so mongoed!
  12. kimber

kimber Full Member

b: bran flakes and milk allowance (200 cal)
    s: 2 cups tea, 1.5L water
    L: 2 slice bread (small hovis wholemeal) 1 slice ham and 30g low fat soft cheese, salad (175 cal)
    s: 2.5L water, 1 tea, 2 diet coke
    d: pork loin (200 cal)
    jacket pot (150 cal)
    mustard (20 cal)
    veggies - leeks, peas, carrot, french beans
    homemade rataouille (carrot, onion, courgette, pepper, mushroom and tom puree)

30 mins in gym 410 cals
  13. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

I will also post my days the next day, so to finish off...

For dinner I thought I was having quorn but when i got in Chris has already made it! so it was beef but made with tinned tomatoes and he had written down the quantities that had gone in!

In the afternoon I had some rice cakes - 109 cals
    I had 2 dessert spoons of cooked rice and 2 spoons of chilli

45 mins fast pace walk

Have started weighing today! and also weighed myself this morning

My goal is to lose a stone by the Renshaw/Wan Wedding

14. kimber

kimber Full Member

That is a fab goal hon! Although quite steep as 5 weeks away - I would say a loss of 10 lbs would be better for you. Do you have a certain dress in mind? Good that you have a starting point for weigh ins, will be good as I am fri and you weds!

My goal is that I hope to lose 5 lbs before the wedding of the year!

15. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

I already have my dress, the one I wore for Ant and Fi's I think I can get one more wedding out of it.
    Yeah maybe it is steep but im going to try and go for it, 3lb a week! Yeah I might change my weigh in day but just really needed to get on the scales to see what I was! happy tho, I am the same as I was before Holiday! so I seem to have maintained that weight don't know if that is good or bad. Good I suppose as I haven't been dieting.

16. kimber

kimber Full Member

That dress is so pretty! Yay a goal is set! Pleased you managed to get on the scales this morning, I know how daunting it can be!

The only thing I would say about 3lb is whilst it comes off easier at the start it can be really hard to maintain as you get further on - I have my eye on you Miss H.

17. kimber

kimber Full Member

Todays food

B, L and S's as yesterday 375 cal
    D: Vegetable risotto - 75g risotto rice, 262 cal all types of veg and herbs under the sun, chicken stock cube 35 cal
    veg - courgette, peas, and leeks
    100g chicken breast grilled no oil 150 cals

Total for day 820 cal

30 mins gym 409 cal

I am so full as have just finished tea! yum!
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

Fruit & Fibre – (30g) – 138cals
    Skimmed Milk –
    Cereal Bar – 88 cals
    2 x Banana – 170 cals

Salad – 0
    Low fat coleslaw – ( 50g) – 50 cals
    Cous Cous (30g) – 100g
    Yoghurt – 58 cals

Fresh Pasta (90g) – 131 cals
    Veg – 0
    Tinned Tomatoes – 17 cals
    Cheese – (1oz) – 110 cals

Exercise - 45 Mins Run – Just under 3 miles

20. kimber

kimber Full Member

Great day Lou!

How were you feeling yesterday, hungry?

Please could you post your fluids so I can check that you are having enough!

21. Louiseh40

Louiseh40 Member

I was really hungry before I went running but when I got home I wasn't to bad

Yesterday I had

2.5 Pints of Water and 3 x 75cl bottles

Today so far i have had 1 x 75cl of water
  22. kimber

kimber Full Member

Fab on the water front Lou! I find that if I get bored it helps to switch to fizzy water for a L a day!

I am pleased you are not feeling hungry but would say carrot sticks, peppers and celery are always the best snack when hungry as really fill me up!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.