Pig to Princess Diaries

Hi hun :) How are you doing today?? :)

Make it an EE day? :)

I was thinking that, but if you have EE and have seconds don't you have to have seconds of everything, so you still have the thirds?

Week 4 Day 4!

I had a migraine again last night and spent 35.5syns on recovery carb rage. But here's today!

Tuesday 15th July
I had a lie in because of my migraine last night, and I wasn't going to eat weetabix again!
Brunch:
Screenshot (38).png Bacon - 90g raw weight, all fat removed. (HeB)
2 low fat Quorn sausages (Free)
2 Medium eggs fried in frylight (Free)
Sliced cooked baby potatoes fried in Frylight (Free)
Snack
Banana (Superfree)
KitKat (5.5syns)

I didn't eat till around 7:30pm. I felt a little sick from the heat, but as I cooked dinner I felt more and more hungry.
Dinner:
2 Quorn Turk'ey Burgers (Free) in a wholemeal Hovis bun (HeB) with gherkins (superfree) and a half tablespoon of Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (2.5syn).
A
Birds Eye Steam bag of summer vegetables (Superfree) and a McCain ready baked jacket potato (1syn) with 70g Philadelphia light garlic and herb (HeA).Screenshot (36).png

Total Syns: 66/105

I don't have to tell you how much I enjoyed that! I almost feel human again after last night. Just in time for 2 long shifts in a row, when the temperatures are going to be 27 and 28 degrees.....

If I survive I will try to post and update when I can. I spent a little time in the sun this afternoon before I felt rotten, and then spent the afternoon organizing my draw in the freezer, my packets and Kitkats. I like to de-box in the freezer when I can as it gives me more room, and makes me portion out into bags which stops me over-eating, and this way after a long shift I can grab and go without having to look things up.

Screenshot (37).pngHave an awesome week! Stay hydrated!
x Kayla x

Oh my god how organised are you!? Fair play!
And enjoy that heatwave, nothing but rain here :(

x

Hey :) found your diary so I'm following along:) hope you feel better soon. I've been melting today (near leeds) so I can only imagine it in London.

P.s I get train rage too!

I maintained this week :( so disappointed I know I lost last week but didn't get to to go to weigh in. Then this week I've felt bunged up and frumpy. I drank 4L yesterday and not had an over amount of fibre. The only thing I can think of is I've had majority of free foods not super free as I didn't get paid till today.

So I don't lose heart I've bought a 6 week countdown! This takes me up to the week before holiday. I'm not giving up, these things happen. I'm up norf with Mr PtP this weekend and watching my syns, I've already set aside 6.5 for tomorrow for Nandos.

Currently enjoying a white wine spritzer with soda water in a beer garden with Mr PtP and his niece. Lovely.

Well done for staying positive. I have bloaty weeks but hopefully next week you'll get the loss you deserve. Hope you have a fab weekend :D

Don't feel down, I bet that weight loss will show at next weigh in. I've had maintains and even large gains when I've had a fantastic week foodwise. It does come off eventually plus what you would have lost :) how about trying some green or red days? You get 2 healthy B's which you could use on fibre rich options such as weetabix. Keep drinking the water, add in lots of super free and super speed food and you will loose the bloat hopefully :)

I only do green days, unless I'm going out for dinner and EEs easier. I was short on superfree but the different between the week before and the week just gone, wasn't significant enough to put back on what I felt I lost and what my scales said I had, they aren't that wrong.
I got money Friday so I got superfree stuff and I'm going to live on jacket potatoes and salads for 5 weeks till my holiday. I'm going to stick to 6-8 syns a day and use my HEA and HEB to make them more interesting, I'm also going to bulk them out with beans if I can.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Food! Yesterday was Sunday and therefore prep day. I decided to totally ignore what I ate Saturday and move on, and plan to live on salads and jacket potatoes for the next 5 weeks until holiday with a 6-8 syn a day limit. I made a huge batch of salad, boiled some eggs and baby potatoes and cooked up some jacket potatoes. Day one of this plan has, well, gone to plan!

Breakfast: 2 HiFi Light Rocky Road Bars (HEb) Lunch: Salad (SF) - Lettuce, cucumber, radish, carrot, celery, sliced egg (F) sliced baby potatoes (F)

I didn't have the Philly in the end as it was left out the fridge too long, so ignore that.

Screenshot (39).png

Dinner: Salad (SF) - Lettuce, cucumber, radish, carrot, celery. Jacket Potato (F) 3 Low fat Quorn sausages (F) Laughing Cow Light Triangles (HEa)

Screenshot (40).png Syns: Hula Hoops Salt and Vinegar 24g Bag
(6syns)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Had a very good shift today, it was in another department and it was really interesting and I loved it. Also over the weekend, I had a great time with Mr PtP, and we discussed things, and just spent time together just the two of us, and it was really nice. So I'm feeling positive all round for once. Just waiting for something to go wrong!.... that didn't sound very positive, but you know what I mean!

x Kayla x

Last edited:
Oops forgot to add I had 2 bananas and a satsuma. Superfree!!

22nd July 2014: Catch up, Exercise and most importantly Food!

I didn't think all the salads and jacket spuds would be enough, so I downloaded MapMyFitness onto my phone, and decided that on my days off I'd go for extra long walks. There is no way right now I could exercise when I get home from shifts.

I'm only going to log additional exercise on top of my routine exercise. Routine is; walking to the station (15 minutes) walking from station at other end (20 minutes), walking on shift, (a lot) walking back to station (20 minutes) and walking home from station (15 minutes). I'm not an inactive person, but I do think increasing my activity on my days off, may help my weight loss. Once my bedrooms decorated I can move into that room and I'll have more space. I've already put Billy Blanks Tae Bo on my Amazon wishlist! I used to do his videos (yes, VHS) when I was younger (that makes me feel old), and I got on really well with them, and most importantly I enjoyed them.

Today, I went for my first additional exercise walk. I had decided not to be bother, it being ridiculously hot, and you all know how I can't cope. But I went to the local cafe, did some reading and decided to go for a long walk on the way back. I logged it on MapMyFitness.

Screenshot (42).png
I took a chilled slow walk around a nature reserve near me. This isn't a personal best I used to walk for miles before I started my course and had plenty of time on my hands. I think it's a good start though, and I burned some calories, which is always a bonus. I was dripping when I got in, from the heat. It just happened to be the hottest part of the day. My next day off is Friday, as I have weigh day. It's at 9:30am and I was considering walking there, but I didn't know if the exercise would effect my weigh in, especially as it's going to be 28 degrees. I'll have to think about it, I will definitely walk back anyway. I'm putting this on my FitLog and aiming for Bronze award.

Food Diary

Breakfast: LF Quorn sausages (F) scrambled egg (F) with Milk from HEa, Banana (SF) and a Satsuma (SF)

Screenshot (41).png
Snack: HiFi Light Rocky Road (1/2 HEb)
Lunch: Superfree salad with sliced boiled egg and baby potatoes
Screenshot (43).png
Dinner: Quorn Turk'y Burger (F) and salad (SF) with Laughing cow light Triangle (1.5 syns) in a Hovis Wholemeal roll (HEb), side salad (SF) and frylighted seasoned baby potatoes (F)
Screenshot (44).png

I syned the laughing cow triangle so as not to waste a Healthy Extra A on 1 triangle and I've not had syns all day. But I may have a hot chocolate as well for 1.5 syns! Hope everyone's having a great week!

x Kayla x

Quick update:

Yesterday was a complete disaster. I had HiFi light for breakfast and as a snack, bananas and two satsumas on break.

Then on lunch discovered id accidentally frozen my salad by putting an ice pack in my lunch bag to keep it cool. So I had to go shop and get a Wholemeal chicken and sweetcorn sandwich.

Then when I got home at 9:30pm found my pre cooked spuds had gone rotten in the fridge! So I ended up having spaghetti hoops on Warburtons seeded batch and a cherry bakewell as it was my mums birthday. Plus it was an awful awful shift. Sleep didn't come soon enough.

Today is a new day though! And as I was running late I've not eaten yet, I have a Sainsburys salad bowl and paprika seasoned quorn chicken pieces to have for lunch. Might skip dinner as it's weigh day tomorrow and I have nothing in it's tragic.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful week!

x Kayla x

Weigh in!

I lost 1lb. Which means I'm 2lb away from 1/2 stone award. But off slimming world that means I've lost 3 1/2 stone since my highest weight. I'm going in the right direction for a change! It's slow and steady but it's still going down. Although I've been slimmer (15st) I tend to lose a lot in a short time and put it on slowly, then do it again, I think this is the longest I've consistently STS and lost without a gain since the beginning of 2011 (15st).
I've got a niggly headache today, so just chilling and doing a meal plan for the week and food prep in between. Red day today as had a lot of chicken and salad.

x Kayla x

Well done another lb gone. You're doing really well, especially with your crazy long shifts :D

Well done another lb gone. You're doing really well, especially with your crazy long shifts :D

Thank you! It's hard with crazy shifts as you don't know how much food you'll need to get through. Some days I get by on a mugshot all day till I get home, others I need a shopping trolley full. I have health issues too which I need to work food around. I did some prepping today! I'll write a post about it all.

Today was a day off yay! I posted earlier that I'd weighed and had niggly headache and would do some prepping. So in between eating and taking painkillers I wrote out a meal plan for the week.

This is really hard and is slightly repetitive when you don't have a lot of cash to splash on variety. But luckily slimming world can work on the basics and I have a better diet than some who have children to think of so consider myself lucky for what I have.

Once I had the meal plan sorted I went through what I had in already and the minimum I needed to get in. I then labelled up stuff with the date and meal it was allocated to and when it needed to be prepared. So if I have a jacket potato Thursday I can cook it Wednesday on my day off instead of Sunday and it going rotten before I get to eat it. I also weighed out and measured HEb in advance.

I have plenty of free foods, but lacking on the superfree. So Sunday I'm going on a fruit spree as I'm working tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this week. I'm hoping I stick with plan and that all my prepping efforts pay off! :)

x Kayla x

Attachments

• image-2925660315.jpg
    image-2925660315.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 42
  • image-2296903144.jpg
    image-2296903144.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 43
My goodness you are an organised annie xx

Back