Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Thats a tough one, good meals and not really able to control what you eat, good idea just to focus on maintaining, hope you are having a good day!

Heyyy, I get limited connection to the internet here, but I'm online for a minute and back to spam another day, lol.

Um, Have been doing ok....except yesterday. Went into Exeter and had lunch with my step mum in the most amazing cafe where they home bake everything, had a chicken and bacon gratin with loads of cheese melted on that came to about 700 cals. It was filling so I only had a pitta for dinner, but i still ended up about 120 cals over. Also partly due to a f-ing Oasis drink! It said 53cals on from, but it turned out that was only for half the bottle, so it was like 100 cals!! For a drink!!!! GAH! Oh well.

Have been out in the garden digging for a couple of days too, digging out the roots of an old oak tree (that go on for miles and really deep, and we have clay not soil here lol) so yeh, aching quite a bit, but hopefully that's burnt some calories.

What are you guys all up to?

All that digging would burn up a few cals! Not up to much- have been shopping for baby clothes for a friends new babe, (born last week), and have this insane desire to try on one of the little cardies on my cat! Thank goodness hubby is home, so I'll have to resist. I promise I'm not one of those folk who normally dresses her animals!
Did a first aid course yesterday-only 10 in the class, sadly included this absolute pain in the neck who kept up a stream of stupid comments for the entire day! She was lucky she didn't need some first aid by the end of the day!
Hope you are having a good time. Don't worry about the lunch too much, life is to be lived and enjoyed sometimes!

I'm sure your cat would really appreciate that :rolleyes: lol. Shopping for baby clothes is always fun though, they're sooo teeeny!

There's always an idiot at those things, they do provide a little welcome distraction if things are getting too boring though. Learn much? Can I come to you when I manage to chop my toes off with the shovel? ;)

Yeh I'm having a nice time here, it's so peaceful. I've been watching the birds on the feeder and scuttling around between the roses, very sweet. Have gotten quite a lot of work done as well, and have written a few notes on a new bit of writing I've got bouncing about in my brain atm.

xx

The cat is safe, the compulsion passed, thank goodness! Yeah, there is always an idiot, isn't there, and for the first four or five hours, I didn't mind too much. After that point, we had all had enough!
We went to the theatre today for a local production, which was really good. Now the housework awaits!

Hi Pink!

Sounds like you're still enjoying your time down in Devon :) how long are you there for?

Don't worry about the lunch, you have to treat yourself every now and again! esp when on holiday! but all that digging will certainly burn it off!

Aw it's lovely to escape to the country every so often isn't it? :)

Ah I know what you mean about Oasis drinks, i've done that mistake before too! the labels are very deceptive! you really have to look close, sigh. I hate wasting calories on drink too, I had a J2o at the weekend and that was 100 calories and it was gone in two gulps :eek: I stuck to water and sugar free juice after that!

Enjoy the rest of your time there :)

Hi Pink, hope youre enjoying Devon ! Same happened to me with an Oasis drink, seems that it must happen to a lot of people.. Hate that, should have to put the cals for the whole bottle, hardly like you'd share it with someone else or just have half of it ! Rant over...

Hope the hills have been kind to you and been beneficial..

Hope you are having a great time Emz.

Hey sounds as though you having a lovely time in Devon. I love Devon- its such a alovely place and the people are so friendly. x

Heya girlies!

Well, Devon is of course still lovely; even more so now in fact as I bought a National Trust membership so I've been to see a couple of gorgeous tudor and Edwardian houses.

Food wise I've been utterly crap this week, and I havent been exercising as much! My step mum is an amazing cook as she's been making all sorts of delicious things. Driving home tomorrow evening so I'l be weighing myself on Tuesday :S It's not going to be good, need to get my arse in the gym and working out hard!

Oh well, I'll let you all know how it goes...

I'm pretty sure my goal of being 14st by Sept isn't going to be reached I'd have to loose 4lb a week, which blatantly isn't going to happen!

How are you guys? What have you been up to?

OHHH! yeh. I went clothes shopping *shudder*...well actually I went to asda with dad n step-mum and dad made me buy new jeans coz he was sick of watching my tug my old (and only) pair up every 2 minutes.

ANNNYWAY...I fit into size 18s! Last time I was trying on jeans the 18s wouldn't do up, but I refused to buy size 20s (hence my only having 1 pair of jeans before), so yeh...:)

Yay well done with the size 18s! :D excellent, that's such a nice feeling when you can see your achievements! so proud of you.

Also don't worry about not doing too good while you are away, that's what life's about and you'll soon get back in to it when you're home :)

well done hun! i felt so good the other day when i tried on size 16's even though i couldnt do them up, the fact is i could get them on! amazing feeling

woo hoo size 18's bet that felt good hun. Well done.

Holidays are for enjoying and letting your hair down so i wouldnt worry about the scales tomorrow. x

Yeh it felt pretty good in the changing rooms when the zip went up no problem :)

Sooo, weighed myself today, and I'd actually LOST 4lbs over the last 2 weeks! So I suppose all of that digging in the garden and the walks into the village actually helped!

Went to the gym this morning, was pretty tough after two weeks off, especially the rowing machine! Did 10 mins rowing, 30 mins incline treadmill, and 20 mins on cross trainer, so about 600 cals over all I think.

Hoping to get to my September goal now :) Made my day :)

How are you guys? Up to much?

Currently on hold on phone to change utilities of student house to our names...mission. Being a grown up is boring, lol.

yey you :party0011:

4lbs is brilliant well done :)

Claire xx

Back