Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Emma - Thanks. Yeh, when I first started this whole thing I was just going for walks pretty much, it's surprising how good they are actually. I might go for one in a min.

Bon - hoping the bank holiday weather stays good...although it doesnt make much difference to me as I don't work or anything, lol. Just means that town is going to be reeeeeeallllly busy on Monday. What you going to do for it?

Lynn - I go to fitness first and on their treadmills I put it up to 9 for a jog/run type thing. I walk at speed 5.5ish. You should try it. I can only do it for like a minute (or 40 secs sometimes) but I was shocked how relatively easy it is...for the first 30 seconds anyway. The crosstrainer is knackering, but once you break the pain barrier at like 7 mins it's fine, they do make my feet go numb though.

Healthy - Thanks :) Glad to share the hillarity, lol.

Minusfour - Good haul man! I keep on thinking that I should be starting to buy Christmas pressies soon, it comes so fast! I havent read anything by the Mitfords no, I'll have to look them up.

Sorry I havent been on like all week. We got a call on Sunday night saying that my uncle, his wife and their three kids were cutting their camping trip short and were going to stay with us for a few days and that they'd arrive Monday morning. Well, our house if a building site at the moment, there's walls missing and everything, so you can imagine what a mission it was to make it toddler friendly!
Luckily the kids were awesome, really sweet and relatively easy to amuse so it wasn't so bad.

Bad news is, I haven't been to the gym alllll week! And I've been eating really badly these past couple of days. I weighed myself on Wednesday and had lost 2lbs from last WI, but weighed myself today and had gone up a pound from that, and then this evening we had fish and chips from the chippy for dinner!
It's been my first really bad week since I started, normally I just have a couple of bad days and still go to the gym.
Oh well, I'm expecting (hoping for) a sts this week. I'll have to get my arse in gear next week!
Also have to get my butt on here regularly again, it really does help. I doubt that I would have been nearly so naughty this week if I'd been coming on here like usual...

Oh well. Will make myself go to the gym in the morning. Might go for a walk in a minute now actually.

Hope that you all enjoy your bank holiday weekends!

As a side note, I just wrote a fairy-tale style opening to my CV, it would be on one page, with the actual normal CV on another.
If you were an employer who didn't know me, would this either a) make you think I was quirky and interesting, or b) make you think I was an unhireable loon.

Once upon a time there was a young lady living in the fair city of Cardiff. She was a happy and vibrant girl who liked nothing more than to settle down with a good book or to walk the forests of the land. But alas, this maiden was plagued by a fearsome beast, known by all of her kin as the ‘Skint-Demon’. In order to evade this fiend the lady donned the garments of the men-folk and walked to the town. She called in to the butcher’s and the baker’s (not the candle-stick maker’s though, he had a bit of a reputation for being a tad too friendly), but to her woe, there were no jobs to be found. She continued to trek through the town and its neighbouring villages in desperate hope of escaping the threat of the dreaded beast. She walked until the soles on her boots were worn to holes and her clothes were ragged with wear. She searches to this day, the loathsome brute hot on her heels.

Hi Pink!

Glad to see you're back! Don't worry about the bad week. You deserve it sometimes, just get back into your routine.

With regards to the cv, i'm no expert and I hope you don't think I'm being rude but it would personally put me off. I like it in that it's fun but for a job situation I'd go for option b ;)

Don't take my word for it though, why not ask a tutor at uni because i have no actual experience!
x

Ahah!!! That CV thing just put a smile on my gloomy face :) Thanks for cheering me up Pink!!! xxxxxx

Hahaa, yeh, I probably wont include it. It cheered me up writing it though.

So, dragged my fat arse to the gym for the first time this week this morning....was not easy!
Did 30 mins on cross trainer and 30 mins on treadmill with about 5ish mins of running. I managed to run for 1 and a half minutes and then thought I was going to die...grrr. I will get better though!

So, that's my naughty week over with! No more!

I had porridge and honey for breakfast and I think I'm going to cook something for lunch, maybe a small bowl of pasta with a load of veg in.

Moving into my uni house on Wednesday so I'm busy packing all of my stuff at the moment...gods I own a lot of stuff.

Was going to WI tomorrow...but I sorta...maybe...yeh....I packed my scales...I'm a moron, lol.

What I forgot to mention was that you seem to have a real talent for writing. Be the next JK Rowling and you'll never be skint! :)

Good luck with the move to uni. I'm staying at home again this year :(

Hi Pink- a bad week will keep your metabolism ticking over, and, (assuming you can end it at a week), probably help your motivation! I like your writing too, but wouldn't include it. Senses of humour and CVs are probably not a good mix, for some reason I'm always cranky when I'm looking at them.

I have to tell you how much your what would Ria do braclet cracked me up, I am still chuckling days after!

Have a good day sweetie!

Thanks echo :) I am doing English and Creative Writing at uni, so you never know, lol. I'll probably end up just being a teacher or something though, lol.
Aww at least you're saving money! I've been adding everything up and I'm going to need like 400quid a month! As it stands my loan is only giving me like 250 a month, so yeh...dont know how I'll be paying the bills. Hopefully the rest of my loan gets sorted. It is a bit of a worry.

Heya Ags. Yeh well I feel suitably punished for my bad week as I've sts, which is especially frustrating as I'd lost 2lbs on Wednesday, and from Wed-Sunday I've put them back on...oh well.

Yeh I won't be including the funny bit in my CV. It was fun to write though. If I ever apply for a job in kids telly or something I might include it, lol.

Haha, I should make one for you and post it! I might go make myself one now actually....no wait...my embroidery stuff is packed! Gah, I can't wait to move and have everything organised again!

Hope you're doing well :)

So, once again failed to go to the gym. I think it'll be easier when I'm back at uni because I'll be back in a proper routine and going to bed at sensible times. I'm a bit nervous about going to a new gym on my own though. Oh well, suck it up and be a grown up I suppose.
I did walk to and around town pretty fast today though. I went with my little brother and he's about a foot taller than me so I have to speed to keep up with him, lol.

I'm kind of excited today. I suffer from hyperhydrosis on my hands, which basically means that my hands are always ridiculously sweaty, I hate it, I can never shake hands, or hi-five, or handle change, or anything like that. Well the iontophoresis machines that fix this problem are like 400quid....I made one today for a tenner! It's just a small electric current passed through water in a metal tray. I found the tutorial online last night and went shopping for all of the stuff today. It feels really weird, but it seems to be working. I have to do it every day for a week and then it should properly work and I only have to 'top it up' every few weeks. AWESOME.

Anyway. I will be draggin my butt to the gym in the morning, I'm hoping that it'll be open on the bank holiday. If not I'll have to run up and down the stairs a few hundred times at home or something, lol.

love.

lmao, at the skint demon, funny cv.

Hey Pink, have just been reading through your diary, you have done so much and if you can get yourself back to were you were then the rest of the journel will be easy. That's always hard. Also I can sort off relate when they were re-building the kitchen 2 weeks ago, if I was on this diet I don't think I would have lasted coz we had take out every day or microwave food, without a cooker it was hard. And Girrrl you need to get yourself in that gym soon, but I have a feeling gym's are closed on bank holiday monday's. Good luck. :)

Nice one Pink. I like it that you made your own machine from scratch.
I used to think i had hyperhydrosis over my whole body. I tried beta blockers, thyroxin and lots of other unspellable things but i think i have reached the conclusion that its just that i'm fat and thats why i sweat. Thats part of the reason i like swimming cause if i sweat, no one can tell.

Nice one Pink. I like it that you made your own machine from scratch.
I used to think i had hyperhydrosis over my whole body. I tried beta blockers, thyroxin and lots of other unspellable things but i think i have reached the conclusion that its just that i'm fat and thats why i sweat. Thats part of the reason i like swimming cause if i sweat, no one can tell.

LOL from a fellow sweaty.

That is great you've made your own machine Pink. Ingenious. :)

Hey Pink!
Your still doing an amazing job :) I think your going to get even better once you get into your uni routine. I know what you mean about going to a new gym, im starting the gym at college next week and a bit nervous about that! I've only even been to a gym 3 times :|

It's great you've found a solution to your condition with your hands! I bet that's so horrible to deal with in every day life :(
I dont expect you to know this, but by any chance would you know if theres a condition with people sweating like you do with your hands but all over really badly?

xxx

Hi Pink!

Well done on making your own machine, you've saved yourself a fortune.

Hope the move into your new uni house went well yesterday xx

Hello lovelies!
I'm sitting in wetherspoons shamelessly stealing their electricity and wifi, lol.

I've been crap and havent used my bodged machine since I moved because it's been so hectic, so I'm not entirely sure that it works yet, but I'll do it when I get home and try and remember to di it every day, lol.
I don't know Aimee sorry :S

I've been a bit rubbish since being back at uni. My house hasnt had a fridge so I havent been able to buy any proper food since I got here so I've been living on pasta, toast and porridge...which would ahve been ok, but a few of my mates moved back to cardiff this week so I've been out drinking beer and eating takeaway....naughty.
Haven't been to the gym either! Well...I went once, but I left my box of medication at home and one of the asthma pumps I had remembered ran out so I ended up doing 35 mins on cross trainer and then not being able to breathe, very frustrating. Don't have an excuse now as I have a new pump. Will go tonight! And work my butt off!

How have you guys been? Up to much?

I should have my very own internet within the next 2 weeks so that'll be awesome. I miss being able to come on here for support.

Hi Pink- have classes started? I'm on holidays at the moment, two weeks, in Melbourne until Friday, the going north. Today we went shopping, and to visit an old friend of OH's who has moved here. The friend works with an aussie rules footy team who is in this years finals and were training whilst we were there. I'm not really into footy, but OH had a wonderful time, and was reeling off names on the train back!

Heya hun! Aw sounds like you're having an awesome time then (or the OH is anyway, lol).

I'm back in the pub stealing their internet, I'm getting some funny looks though! lol.

So it's been going quite well...in spite of the fact that I got trashed on cocktails the other night.

I weighed myself on Wednesday I think and I'm 14st!!!! I've reached my September goal! A week late, but I'm there! Rather chuffed. Especially as I havent been to the gym in 2 weeks and have had like 2 takeaways. Yay.
I have been walking into town every day though, which is just over half an hour each way, so tht's probably helped.

Had a job interview for Claire's accessories yesterday, I should be hearing about that tonight, so wish me luck! Goodness knows I need the money!!

Classes don't start for another couple of weeks yet so I'm just bumming around, going for coffee (and booze) with mates and madly cleaning my uni house which is freaking minging. I've been on my hands and knees scrubbing the skirting boards with scouring pads they're so horrid! Oh well.

House party tomorrow, will probably end up just amazingly off my face (it doesnt take much to be fair).

Up to much?

Awww I'm glad to hear your settling in okay at uni! Even if it is filthy! I'm sure you'll get it clean in no time, plus cleaning is great for burning off a few calories! :)

Good luck on your job! I really need a job too, but seeing as my new college course means im in EVERY single day... its not easy :(
Hope you get it though!! :)
Your still doing really well too! :)

xxx

Have you heard about the job yet? Book shopping at a great second hand shop today. Have you read any Anne Tyler books? She is a really gentle writer, if that makes sense.

Hi Pink :)

Don't you be worrying too much about the dieting at the moment you have loooads going on and are settling into a new routine, so it'll take time to adjust. Although saying that it sounds like you're not doing too badly at all! very good in fact. You are allowed the odd take away and a few cocktails! why not?! i mean you are at Uni :D So don't worry too much, all that walking and cleaning will help anyway.

Enjoy your couple of weeks before lectures start :)

Take care :)

Back