"Pitta Breads & Porridge" - My diary

ooo good idea thanks :)

im updating loads today...i dont have anyone else to tell! i was happily doing my exercise dvd, halfway through my uni called and said they have a room available in halls do i want it?! so i could well be moving to london on sunday! My head is LITERALLY exploding! I expected to be commuting for months, and now I could be moving in with 6 other girls in 3 days?! It's crazy. I'm scared!

What uni are you going to? I'm at uni in London too, also after having given up the performing arts.

Last edited:
Ooh how exciting!

It's only natural to feel a little scared, I moved away from home into halls at college when I was 16, a bit scary, a bit tough, quite exciting and so worth it.
I find it beneficial to eat snacks in between meal times and not let myself get too hungry. If I get too hungry I just want to eat and eat and eat till I feel stuffed. Or I have breakfast at 9 ish, lunch 12.30 snack at around 3 ish generally fruit, tea at about 5 ish and supper about 8 ish and if I have any cals left I have an options chocolate drink around 9.
My favourite snack at moment is kiwi and orange sliced. But dried apricots, cranberries, pine nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds are all good and nutritious which will boost your energy too.
Exciting times lay ahead for you x

Dinner tonight again felt a little forced. I think it's just because i have so much going through my head, I don't have any room to be worrying about food! This is all happening so fast, it's wonderful though I just hope everything works out :)

Day 6

Porridge with soya milk, tea, banana

Pitta bread with tuna salad cream,, lettuce, grapes, tea

Apple, tea

Smoked haddock, sweet potato, salad, beetroot, salad cream, ww yoghurt

(Can you tell im a girl of routine haha...Im quite happy to eat the same for months!)

If anyone has any advice on staying healthy at uni id love to hear it. I think ill be planning my meals and I wont have the money for binging anyway!

Lots of love x

I am absolutely exhausted! This week has been the craziest but the most exciting in a very long time :) For food tonight I think I'm just going to have quron sausages and beans again. I feel guilty having it again as it's not the most nutritious meal, but i'm so tired I just cant be bothered! Plus all my salad has run out and no point buying more before I move on sunday. I should be weighing in tomorrow morning but I dont have any accurate scales. The only ones I have are non-digital and about 4 pounds out I think. I might just wait till next weekend...my mind is so preoccupied I don't think I care too much! I feel good but Im cool with waiting another week to weigh :)

Right....force myself to go cook...im too tired even for eating lol! No idea who I am?!!!

Day 7

Porridge with soya milk, tea

Clementine, tea

Pitta, tuna salad cream, lettuce, banana

Apple, tea

2 x Quorn sausages, 1/2 tin beans, peas, ww yoghurt

Okay, before I say anything about my day I just want to apologise for my lack of support to other diaries and posts...i'v been so busy and tired iv just been selfishly logging on to track my day and off I go! So I will try my best to support you all in the lovely ways you have been helping me :)

I havn't really slept properly since last weekend, as you can imagine I can definately feel it taking it's toll. I love my sleep I want it back! I move tomorrow so I doubt I'll get much tonight. I'm excited, but I can't help wishing I was moving in with some others who were new so we'd all be in the same boat. Because I got my place so late I have only got this halls room by luck, which means I'll be with 6 girls who have all lived there since september...which is a very very daunting atmosphere to go in to! I guess I'll just have to smile, remember that im there to study and that im sure to meet plenty of lovely other newbies on my course so it wont really matter :) (I hope!!!)

Foodwise, I'm starting to feel hungry at more regular times throughout the day, and feel when I need to eat...neither of which ever used to happen! Food again tonight has been lazy but still healthy so I don't mind :) I am worried about sticking to this at uni...alcohol, fast food etc...I'm doing so well I don't want to ruin it. It's annoying I couldnt get my first week weigh in but oh well, I feel fab so never mind!

Right enough rambling, time for a yoghurt and then bed. :)

Day 8

Porridge with soya, tea

MASSIVE apple, tea

Pitta with tuna/salad cream, apple, banana

Tea

1 egg, 2 egg whites scrambled, 1/2 tine beans, peas, ww yoghurt

Just a quick thing, it seems everyone uses mfp, I did register but have gone back to the daily plate as I find it so much easier!

lots of love x

Congratulations and you'll love halls!!! I still think they were the best time of my life lol. In terms of staying healthy uni.........the TOP tip is simply this.....

Alternate every alcoholic drink with a soft drink. Or even better....a water!!! You immediately halve the booze intake and keep yourself well hydrated. Thus saving money, calories AND your kidneys!!! Also.....you dont end up being sick on your shoes and waking up in a random kitchen on campus with no idea how you got there....or where 'there' is ;) ENJOY!!!!

hahahaha fab advice there legomum! Well I'm all moved in and unpacked. My flat mates are lovely, im yet to meet 2 of them but i feel very welcome so im relieved! I had a bit of a wobble earlier when only a tesco express was available so I couldnt find any of my normal food :( but then I remembered im not being stupid, im doing calorie counting so ill just get something similar haha silly me :p

I enrol tomorrow and then it's in to uni. Talking to the others about their placements they make it sound very daunting...the part of me that is worried about doing 12 1/2 hour shifts for 12 weeks is wishing I were back dong singing! But...it will be good for me :)

Foodwise today has been awful! Went to the pub tonight with the flatmates and just wasnt hungry after so my cals are extremely low...i think i'll suffer for that tomorrow! I just wish I knew where I could get some quorn! I will have to go on a quest :p

Day 9

Pitta with tuna/salad cream, lettuce, tea

Banana, Vodka and diet coke, diet coke

Apple, tea

So hungry today, still hungry now but stopping myself. Feel like I could eat everything! Probably because yesterday was so low grrr. Enrollment today was dull! Just stood in lots of lines, watched a short video then went back to the flat and fell asleep! Im really liking living here though :) I have 2 weeks of boring induction stuff and I JUST want to get going in to my course! Ah well, needs must! Man I could demolish a huge chocolate cake right now!

Day 10

Apple, tea

Pitta with tuna salad cream, lettuce, grapes

Banana, Grapes, tea

Stor fry with egg, 2x frozen frubes, grapes, tea

x

Today has been horrible food wise. Literally from eating my breakfast I have not stopped thinking about food and have felt so hungry! My stomach has been rumbling and it made me really miserable. After my dinner I thought right I cant feel like this and have devoured 100g of cheerios! I dont feel bad, my stomach is full but it wasnt binging...it was real hunger so I must need food! Its just trying to stop myself now thats the hard thing. I really hope I dont feel guilty tomorrow...just get right back on track! I think it might be my cycle but omg its horrible!

Porridge, tea

Apple, tea, diet coke

Tuna salad sandwiches, banana, grapes,

Banana, tea, yoghurts

Carton of soup, yoghurts, cheerios

1480...I could eat more though :( its a horrible feeling. My stomach is stuffed but my head and my mouth are starving!

Since my last entry iv eaten an apple and more grapes. I know its not a binge, and there must be a reason im so hungry, but im worried I will feel this way tomorrow and lose control. Im hoping that eating tonight will satisfy the hunger iv had and ill feel normal again...just cant feel guilty! These things happen i guess! Weigh in on sat eek! Oh i can feel more cheerios coming on :(

Today has been...difficult. I had a 1000 calories all day and now my face is back in the cheerios! To be honest I just feel really confused. Im already loving it here. my flatmates are amazing and my course is sounding so exiting. I think im just forgetting why i wanted to do this. Before it was all i focused on but now it feels unimportant. I know im feeling this way because i want to binge, its definately related to the time of the month but also to just adjusting i think. Another thing is I bought some scales today and they are saying iv lost nothing in 2 weeks which is a blow. im going to try my best to just be healthy and get the motivation back. I just struggle so much with the guilt.

Dont feel guilty you still doing really well, i would consider upping you cals just a little bit to maybe 1400 untill you really get in to the swing of it, then if you have those cheerios your not really sabataging yourself. you will still loose with 1400 maybe not just as fast, your not overwight so it will take longer to loose you just have to be patient and not get worked up coz thats when you head to the bad things to cheer you up. lets face it you've got far more important things goin on in you life at the mo so dont let dieting spoil them :)

Malibu xx

I would say you need to eat more, as you are already in a healthy BMI you shouldn't drastically cut your calories below your maintenance. You should aim for 0.5lb a week loss, trust me you don't want to mess up your metabolism like I did and mine is pretty messed up.

but...

There are more reasons why we feel hungry sometimes than actual hunger.

There is emotional hunger - This happens with upheavals, changes, stress, anger, hapiness, sadness, boredom, pretty much any emotion you can have can trigger emotional hunger. You feel hungry but aren't actually hungry, your brain is just telling you that you are. This really does feel like real hunger in a lot of cases.

Thirst - how much water are you drinking? The feeling of thirst is the exact same feeling of hunger (by this I mean real hunger not "I just want to eat something"). I was never hungry thoughout my calorie counting because I drank 3 litres of water a day.

Last edited:
Well, today is my forth day "off track" as it were and looking back I dont know where this week has gone! In all honestly I know why iv fallen. Being accepted, moving and starting uni within a week is stressful, but add to that the time of the month and its a recipe for a struggle! Iv over eaten these past few days, but surprisingly iv still eaten healthy foods...I might have eaten WAYYY too much (my binging over took me there ... it was horrible) but its all been dried fruit, cereal, yoghurt...i havnt wanted any chocolate or anything which is a turning point. Im exhausted and feel quite ill today so not restricting my calories but now i know how my uni works, foods available, times etc im going to draw up a new plan and get started on that tomorrow. No regrets! haha easier said than done!

You can do it :) changes from plan got me off track to when i started a job

Glad your enjoying it :) looking at your menu's I think you could easily eat a bit more. 1000/1100 just leaves you so drained and lethargic :( far better to go for 1400 as it wont slow your losses by much. Maybe a few ounces a week!!! Life really is a lot simpler at 1400!! It opens up more meal choices and you won't get so hungry.

Try and up your protein intake if you can too as it will keep you feeling satisfied and give you good body fuel to get through those shifts!!!

thanks guys. Binging got the better of me last night and i feel so ill this morning. sore stomach, horrible dreams, sweating and i feel so tired and heady. its crazy how just over eating can make me feel so ill...being on track id wake up feeling balanced and energised! when will I learn? I know it's early days but i really thought id cracked it...life happens i guess. I should really update my weight to add a few pounds but i cant bear to weigh myself....im hoping ill weigh in a week and have stayed the same at least. I should be able to join the gym next week at uni thank goodness, it's going to be so hard to not binge now tho....but i refuse to say day 1 again! Iv made a lot of progress so maybe i need to learn to forgive and forget....oh i wish it was that easy!

Im home for the weekend, none of my food in the house so going to have to make do today and go shopping after work tonight for the week. i really need to get going for work...anyone want to jump around with crazy hyper kids for two hours for me?

Back