Pizza alternatives anyone?

Honda - it was funny, the toots made me laugh.

The pizza looks real in the pictures but chicken in pizza dough seems strange. Now have 3 recipes to try.

:p oh good well I do, toots, chic, chicky, love, honey and of course peeps ;)

I made it! I'll post pics in the morning for you ;) xx

Good news on the pizza sauce, Tesco value range does a pasta sauce and it's only 2.8g carbs per 100!
It has citric acid in it, but you would only use a little amount I would imagine :)

Good news on the pizza sauce, Tesco value range does a pasta sauce and it's only 2.8g carbs per 100!
It has citric acid in it, but you would only use a little amount I would imagine :)

I looked at just about every jar of pasta sauce yesterday in tesco looking for a low carb one. I didn't pick the value one up as i said to myself 'nah, thats bound to be full of carbs' :sigh:

I've noticed that about the value stuff too - annoying that they bulk out the rest of the range with carby stuff.

Hopefully it will taste OK, I imagine it's a bit runny) so I'm going to get some Heinz one carb tom sauce (LCM) and mix together for pizza base - still way better carbwise than tomato puree, even watered down.

Until I started Atkins I don't think I'd ever checked a label - now I read every one!

Made the cauli pizza today and it was fab. Topped it with a tsp of ketchup mixed with vinegar as no pizza sauce, added pastrami, ham, chillies and sausage. Ate it all which may have been a mistake!

The edges were crispy though it didn't have the crunch of a carb pizza but I really enjoyed it and it has stopped my carb pizza cravings completely.

Back