Pizza Express..

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by red1983, 16 April 2009 Social URL.

1. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all,

I am off out to meet my friends at Pizza Express tonight - i have had a look at the menu and think that i will probably go for a salad.

Slightly concerned though as i would need to ask for lots of things to be taken out - do you think this will be a problem?? Also does anyone know the syn value for Goats cheese??

Has anyone else had a fairly sw friendly tea there - if so what did you have?

K xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi,
    The Nicoise or Nostrana salads look the best bet, they come with the dressing on the side. You would have to syn the anchovies and capers or avocado (or ask for them without) but otherwise they would be okay.

There's nothing perfect but it's an evening out, so enjoy it and just do the best you can. Be wary of the extras!!!

4. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    the Salads at Pizza Express are lovely - but as jaylou says - ask for the dressing on the side ;)

I've had the goats cheese one before and if I remember correctly - I didnt actually get all that much goats cheese with it so it can't be that synful!

5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I always have the nicoise salad with no dressing, which is free on EE day (just say you don't want the dough balls with it!!!!)

My sister is doing WW and told me Pizza Express have actually brought out a slimmers pizza which is basically like a polo mint- it has a hole in the middle which they fill with salad and apparently on WW it is 5.5 points (lots more on SW though!!!!)

I think it's great that food retailers are FINALLY realising that people are trying to eat healthier and gradually making allowances for us. I know we can always choose salad option, but sometimes I want something a little more exciting!

............having said that, their nicoise is lovely

6. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you for the help - going to stay well clear of the dough balls!!

K xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.