Pizza Hut

Ladyaly

Ended up in Pizza Hut last night. We were meant to going to a Harvester but there was a long wait for a table. I had myself all syned and ready.
anyway I thought I'd have a tomato pasta dish but there wasn't any, they were all creamy sauces.
ended up having a chicken and mushroom pizzetta, said 460 cals on menu.
anybody have any idea of the syn value?

Pizza has no free food allowance, so 460caks would be 23syns. Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation. That's only 8 syns over you can pull that back by having a few lower syn days.
Oh dear. It was a lovely slice of pizza. No cheese on it and lots of chicken and mushroom.
i think SW should actually syn value these pizzettas as they are the only option in Pizza Hut. If I was actually a member I would email them!

Its so hard eating out isnt it! Ive not done it yet but i'm worried I will cave when I do go to a restaurant and go a bit mad LOL

DilEmma said:
Its so hard eating out isnt it! Ive not done it yet but i'm worried I will cave when I do go to a restaurant and go a bit mad LOL

I eat out A LOT on sw don't be worried its easy but have to say I avoid pizza hut.

Wetherspoons is fab the piri piri chicken skewers with salad are 3 syns if you include the piri piri sauce and I always add a jacket or rice to it v filling and low also the 5 bean chilli is low syns at around the same (just ask for it without nachos) then there's the steaks I always ask for side salad n swap chips for jacket.

Harvesters is also a fave haunt as you have a free salad bar too just avoid any deep fried foods and opt for steak gammon fish or chicken remove any fat or skin and ask for any sides without butter.

Carvery also a good option lean meats heaps of veg (ask for ones without butter)a few small roasties for a few syns or new potatoes if they have em and a dash of gravy for a few syns.

Sizzler also a good choice char grilled meats ie gammon steak or chicken are all fab swap chips for jacket and have a nice salad

Most places have a few dishes on their menu that can be tweaked to suit dietary needs (as my mum used to ask when she was waiting a gall bladder op and couldn't eat fats) she couldn't have butter oil cheese cream etc etc and still ate out

IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU DON'T GET don't be afraid to make the meal suit you after all they should be accommodating your paying and they want you to come back again

jezzi999 said:
I eat out loads too, mainly harvester, nandos and wetherspoons (although steak and jacket potato and veg can be managed by most restaurants!)

Wetherspoons was the one that surprised me the most - for a cheapy pub chain you wouldn't expect them to be that accommodating, but thu really are. They will happily swap chips for jacket potatoes or rice, put dressings on the side, skip off butter or dairy, swap sausage in mixed grill for more chciken or whatever... They're a life saver when you're out an about. I love the sweet chilli noodles for 1 syn, my OH loves ham, egg and jacket potato with some side veg (couple of syns for the oil they're fried the eggs in).

I rarely was able to eat out on weight watchers so glad I've found sw I'm no longer a recluse :D

I agree that id you don't ask you don't get. A couple of months ago i went to a noodle place ans got wholewheat noodles, loads of veg, chicken and terriyake sauce (he told me this was the lowest one in terms of fat, calories and sugar) and when he went to cook them i said 'can you use only a teeny but of oil' to which he responded 'i can use none if you prefer?' eh YES please. I was delighted with my little self :)

I have to agree with everyone, eating out is fine just ask for little changes.

I have eaten at pizza hut a couple of times while on plan and have lost each time. I've taken different approaches each time, either going for the pasta or low cal pizza all of which are around the 20 - 25 syn mark... but for my sons Birthday I worked out the syns of the stuffed crust pizza me and my boyfriend were sharing, I was a little naughty and took 24 syns off for 4 lots of HEA and B (as I decided to have a green day... pizza has no free food allowance so meaty pizza's are the same on green as red) worked out the syns on the cake we had for him and yes I ended up having about 70 syns that day, but I just had less syns the rest of the week. I wouldn't suggest doing this all the time. But for a special occassion it works. I wouldn't have minded that week if I hadn't lost though or even if I'd gained.

Back