Pizza

Sarah2009x

Hi everyone,

I've just made a syn free SW pizza (counting cheese as HEa) that worked and was yummy, made as follows:

Base:
1 x 220g packet Smash
~1 pint of boiling water
Fry light

Sauce:
1 small carton passata
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried basil
Salt & pepper

Topping:
84g mozzarella (I shared with hubby)
Cherry tomatoes

1. Gradually add boiling water to the smash in a large mixing bowl (I ended up using 2.5 mugs) until you have a dough.
2. Spray the ball of dough with fry light and knead it a bit. MAY BE VERY HOT
3. Transfer the dough to a baking tray sprayed with fry light.
4. Press the dough out towards the edges and corners of the tray, until you have a nice even base.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at ~180C until the top turns a golden colour, 10-15 mins.
6. Remove from oven and carefully flip the pizza base over (I used a couple of spatulas :D).
7. Return to oven until the top is golden.
8. Crush the garlic and mix with the other sauce ingrediants in a small saucepan, heat through.
9. Remove pizza base from oven and spread a thin layer of sauce on it using a spoon.
10. Sprinkle over cheese and slices of tomato.
11. Place under grill until the cheese bubbles.

Thanks for posting this, i was just having a hunt for the reciepe as I was planning on making this for dinner tonight and wasn't exactly sure what I was doing.

LOL, i wasn't sure either but i found how to make the base on here and then i found the recipe for the sauce on google & changed it a bit to make it free, seemed to work x

wouldnt this have syns in tho because of the tomato puree-I know its only 1tbsp but it should still be counted??

I tend to leave out the tomoato puree altogether and it tastes just as nice, I sometimes add 4 stuffed olives at 2 syns and chop those over mine as well as adding chopped peppers, sweetcorn and mushrooms. For EE day you could add ham, bacon or pastrami.

I tried this the other day & it really is nice - I put some garlic & herbs in the potato mix & just enough water to make big crumbs then sort of squashed it onto the baking tray, I covered it with foil first so it would be easy to turn over & it came out really nice.

I don't even like mashed potato but it doesn't taste like mash at all! :eek:

Back