Plan is to start next Friday

Yetyshift

I have always had an issue with my weight. In 2013 l lost 3st on exante and did a good job of maintaining. In the last year I have put most of that weight back on and now back in a size 16. We have had a few upsetting personal things that have happened that have driven over eating. My husband who is usually very good has also put on weight. I was a size 12 at the end of my exante journey. I cannot even bring myself to get in the scales. I don't go shopping for clothes. I have lived in sack dresses all summer. My overweight mother just pulled me aside to tell me that I needed to sort it out. I am 35 years old. I feel yuck and unhealthy.

The packs will arrive on Thursday hopefully and the plan is to start on Friday. I am not looking forward to it. It's now or never. Will be reading all the success stories for inspiration.

Welcome to Minimins😊

Wishing you all the best on your Slim and Save journey.

Thanks for the welcone message mini. Got my pack today. Had the gingerbread shake for breakfast. Was surprisingly good. Going to have a bar for lunch. And keep on with the water. Got on the scales today and what I saw was shameful. So much so I can't even write it down. I have to lose at least 3 stone to begin with and that won't even get me back down to where I was at after exante. I just hope it's not a tough ride.

I have lost 6 pounds in just under 2 weeks. Have not been 100 percent on a single day. I have basically had more protein than allowed. An average of 100g extra. I therefore expect slower results but getting any results is good by me. The packs are also so much better than the exante ones. I don't dread meals.

Congratulations, Yetyshift! Great you like the S&S packs. What extra protein are you having? How much do you want to shed?

Thank you!! AliGal, I want to lose about 3 stone. I am mainly doing grill chicken & fish. It's my wedding anniversary tmrw so will come off plan to have something with DH. I am not as hard on myself as I was with exante and trying to rethink the way I eat. Which I think Slim and save is good for as you are allowed to eat. No proper carbs in nearly 3 weeks is odd though. Will c. Hope your weight loss journey is going well too Xx

That sounds like a good approach. I've used packs from avidlite - same stuff as many vlcd plans.

Cone and have a look at the keto forum - you'll see who else is doing low carb. Weve got a Sept challenge there- that you are welcome to join.

Thanks for the invite @AliGal. Will come have a look. I have now lost 11 pounds after 4 weeks of the diet. Last week was a dud because I was on my period so didn't shift much but that's ok. That's a total that I never would have achieved without working at it so I'm cool. My birthday is on Saturday. I have just potty trained by toddler...have no idea how we will go out, have me stay on plan and ensure she has no accidents during a nice meal out that DH has planned!! I will be ordering my new box at the start of next week. Plan is to continue. Wishing myself and everyone all the luck in the world Xx

It's been a couple of months since I wrote anything. I probably came off plan about 4 weeks ago. I am still trying to lose weight but in a more conventional way. Watching portion size and what I eat. In all since I started I have lost 20 pounds/9.1kg. I am happy with my progress. It's slow and steady and I think that's probably the best way for me. I have no specific aim now I know I said 3 stone before but just to feel comfortable in clothes again. And so I continue Xx

Last edited:
Back