1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

plantar fasciitis

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by emmalouise82, 3 December 2012 Social URL.

1. emmalouise82

emmalouise82 Well-Known Member

Anyone else have this problem?
    I haven't actually been to the docs yet so it's a self diognosis. I've read up on it and it seem this is what's wrong.
    Any advise? Is it worth going to the docs? Ibruprofen I believe is suppose to help?
    Any advice welcomed :0)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. JulesyR

JulesyR Well-Known Member

Yep, had it a couple of times. Causes/solutions vary but:

Ibuprofen
    Calf stretches
    Rolling cold can / small bottle of frozen water under the arch of the foot

If it doesn't improve after a week /10 days I would go and see a Physio.

Hope that helps!

4. emmalouise82

emmalouise82 Well-Known Member

Thanks I've had it for I'd say a couple of months but its got worse. I didn't bother looking it up because I just thought it was achy feet from walking. I'm going to the doctors today.
    Thanks for replying :0)

5. JulesyR

JulesyR Well-Known Member

You're welcome- prob should say you have to do the Stretches and can rolling religiously, at least twice a day. Hope it gets better soon, literally is a pain!

6. ceebeee

ceebeee Well-Known Member

I have this and have been advised to stay away from cheap flat shoes as the provide no support, and to ideally wear shoes with a slight heel nothing silly high though!

I also was on strong anti inflammatory and painkillers for half a year as it was like someone sticking a knife on my foot with each step.

I do regular foot stretches and massages, especially first thing in the morning. Wear good quality shoes with good support and the pain is now only really apparent when I go for long walks or in summer when the lure of flip flops and cheap sandals is too appealing!

7. emma_partington27

emma_partington27 Well-Known Member

I also hav this its so annoying cant do my running anymore coz it flares up! I can hav anti inflammatories due to stomach problems and a low dose ov ibrurofen is just rubbish. Ive also had a cortisone injection in my heel which bloody hurt and it didnt work ive tried kineslogoy taping also rubbish! Basically i hav been told wear gud supporting shoes with abit ov a heel and it shud eventually go away!!! :(

8. skinnybodyc

skinnybodyc Well-Known Member

A very painful condition ,I ended up with 4 months of physio and strong painkillers with this . Now i still do my stretches and alternate my footwear so it doesnt happen again