plateau....?

chick10

Got To Keep Counting :D
Hey everyone,

Really confused about the whole plateau situation.

I thought when you couldnt loose any more weight it meant you had reached your plateau?

But now ive read you can still loose weight.

So what is your plateau? Haha thanks

Exactly, a plateau is when your weight loss stalls (when you don't have anything left to lose that's goal!).

I've just come through the end of my plateau, hit 15 stone and stayed there for 9 weeks, increased my water intake and ate some of my exercise calories and I've hopefully lost 2lbs this week... Plateau sucks!!!

lindseydodd408 said:
I've just come through the end of my plateau, hit 15 stone and stayed there for 9 weeks, increased my water intake and ate some of my exercise calories and I've hopefully lost 2lbs this week... Plateau sucks!!!

15 stone? No way ... You look well skinny in your pic ! X

15 stone? No way ... You look well skinny in your pic ! X

Aww bless you, I think it's just a good photo, and most of the 15 stone is my arse, lol!!!

Omg Lindsey im shocked, like sigourney said you dont look it! And oh god i hope i dont reach one. Uve done really well sticking at it for 9 weeks with no lose. Well done you!

Lindsey, you must have some strength getting past that plateau. Props to you! I've stayed roughly the same for 2 weeks now (perhaps budged a pound) and I'm disheartened (though not quitting, just wish the scales would move!) I'm having a 'chubby day' too so that doesn't help :p

I've also found that plateaus can be expected depending on what time of the month it is, so don't be too discouraged chick10

I've also found that plateaus can be expected depending on what time of the month it is, so don't be too discouraged chick10

Ah well i may not loose in 2 weeks time :( i have a month to loose a little bit more, im 10.1 but want to be around 9.10! So fingers crossed i reach goal!

Aw and i hope you loose next week. Theres nothing worse than staying the same :( x

Ah well i may not loose in 2 weeks time :( i have a month to loose a little bit more, im 10.1 but want to be around 9.10! So fingers crossed i reach goal!

Aw and i hope you loose next week. Theres nothing worse than staying the same :( x

Thanks! The first few months I used to get really down because the scales never budged, but I expect it now and know they'll go down once ToTM is over. You'll lose those 5lb no problem, I'd be surprised if it took you more than a month if you stick to a good plan. If you need any advice, just ask! xx

Thanks! The first few months I used to get really down because the scales never budged, but I expect it now and know they'll go down once ToTM is over. You'll lose those 5lb no problem, I'd be surprised if it took you more than a month if you stick to a good plan. If you need any advice, just ask! xx

Aw fingers crossed we both loose then. And i hope i get to goal by the next month, i need too. Im doing a 2 hour walk 3 days a week, but its gone to 1hour and 30 mins due to doing a small on and off run through out the walk :) im getting into running slowly :p x

Aw fingers crossed we both loose then. And i hope i get to goal by the next month, i need too. Im doing a 2 hour walk 3 days a week, but its gone to 1hour and 30 mins due to doing a small on and off run through out the walk :) im getting into running slowly :p x

I'm really stuck for time thanks to uni so exercise has taken a back seat. What height are you? because 9.10 stone is pretty skinny no matter what height you are!

I am 5ft 4/5 never really known exactly, but i no im around that height. People are shocked when i say im 10stone as they say i look slimmer. But my goal has always been to get to 9stone and maybe a size 8 as that would be a an amazing goal! X

Back