Please becareful using DUCOLAX

Gunna-make-it

I have read that many people are using Ducolax to help them go to the loo while they are on this diet..
My sister was taking Ducolax as she said it was the only thing that worked and ended up with Polyps in the Colon (growths) as they are stronger, they can make the lining of the colon inflamed - they said it was unusual for her to have them as it wasnt in the family but when they did a biopsy they found traces of Ducolax in them.... she has had to have them all removed and was told not to use Ducolax again as Polyps can be cancerous if left untreated...
This is quite scarey stuff as she was not abusing the tablets.... just thought you would like to know...

I have read that many people are using Ducolax to help them go to the loo while they are on this diet..
My sister was taking Ducolax as she said it was the only thing that worked and ended up with Polyps in the Colon (growths) as they are stronger, they can make the lining of the colon inflamed - they said it was unusual for her to have them as it wasnt in the family but when they did a biopsy they found traces of Ducolax in them.... she has had to have them all removed and was told not to use Ducolax again as Polyps can be cancerous if left untreated...
This is quite scarey stuff as she was not abusing the tablets.... just thought you would like to know...
Thanks for the warning, is it because they are stronger than other types? x

thanks for that info, i suppose some people could start to rely too much on dulcolax to shift a few excess lbs on the scales on WI day. your body is not taking food in so its only to be expected that not much is coming out really

I think it is because they are generally stronger than other types as they are not herbal and I think they work a slightly different way as they cause the colon/bowl to go into spasm to pass through waste which cant really be good. I suppose if you were to use them far and few between you will be ok but she was using at least once a week as she had bad digestion

This is very disturbing. My nine year old son has a bowel condition since birth. He takes duolax in the small yellow tablet form every second day. He is under medical supervision but the doctors have said that there are no side affects. He has no muscels in the bowel to push waste out naturally. Gonna ring the doctor .....

How many did she used to take gunna-make-it?

I know ducolax isn't recommended on Cambridge as some people have passed out after taking them and been in a lot of pain.

teg said:
This is very disturbing. My nine year old son has a bowel condition since birth. He takes duolax in the small yellow tablet form every second day. He is under medical supervision but the doctors have said that there are no side affects. He has no muscels in the bowel to push waste out naturally. Gonna ring the doctor .

I'm sure the doctor knows what he's doing and has sorted a dosage for your son. Doesn't hurt to ring them for reassurance though.

has anyone used senna? is this allowed? Just thinking it's a natural alternative and easier on the digestive system, I am a nurse and use it a lot with my patients, its a bit kinder to your bowels!! As I say though, I have no idea if it's allowed on LT so don't quote me on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LL xx

I use senakot....I know they are not as quick acting as the others, but I take two tablets before I go to bed....if no action in the morning then I take another two. It always does the trick, but I do end up using more. I don't mind because they are herbal and more natural.

Thanks for the info though hun....makes you wonder what crap we put in our bodies...what damage its doing and we don't even know!!!!

Back