Please Explain This (Noob) EE SW HELP

heifer

Good Evening.

I have read alot of posts on here and i have found this one. Which i believe is true.

The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you are taking it – create a calorie deficit. There are lots of ways to do this, some not as healthy as others, Slimming World has created a plan to give you a calorie deficit with minimal effort on your part, follow and trust the plan.

Before i started EE SW i ate around 2200cals per day and kept my carb intake to around 80 - 100g per day. I have been doing this for 2 days so far and i have followed the EE SW plan perfect. At the same time i have inputted all my info into My Fitness Pal aswell.

So far today i have ate

2860 cals
490g carbs

compared to what i was eating how is this a deficet and who would you lose weight.

Cals in have to be less than cals out

My head hurts

thanks

The best thing you can do is to post your food diaries for us to see, as although we aren't supposed to count calories, that seems like a lot if you truly have been following the plan and stopping when you are full.

If you follow the plan to the letter it works. Make sure to have a third superfree foods each meal. Eat only till full and stop eating. Measure out the Healthy Extras. And have between 5-15 syns. There are plenty success stories to prove it works. Theres also a stickie explaining it in detail probably a load clearer than me. Good luck. X

heifer said:
Thanks for the replies the info i posted above in itallics is from the sticky.

I am old school and skeptical that how this can work.

When carbs turn into fat when no exercising is involved and fruits contain frutose

its all mad to me lol

Don't overthink it, if you follow the plan to the letter, it works. Don't worry about carbs and calories as this is the opposite if what the plan is supposed to be. If you post a food diary for one of the days we can have a look to see if there's anything you may have overlooked? X

Okay. Bluntly, I am astounded you can eat that many calories a day. I eat decent portions & don't eat more than 1800 MAX a day. Are you just eating for the sale of it or are you stopping when you are full? Also, are you have 1/3rd superfree?

Can you post a sample days worth of food?

heifer said:
breakfast:
2 weetabix + 100mls ss milk + 1 medium

Lunch:
3 Poached eggs
2 slice medium brown bread no spread

Dinner:
2 Chicken Breasts
200g brown rice
300g garden peas

snacks:
400g grapes
4 red apples
500g natural yoghurt

Ok straight away I can see you have nowhere near enough superfree foods with your meals. It's good that your snacks are superfree (although 4 apples and 400g of grapes in a day does seem rather excessive!) 1/3 of each meal should be fruit or non starchy veg (peas are not superfree).
Lunch for example has no superfree, you could have replaced a slice of toast and one of the eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms for your 1/3.
I assume you have synned either the bread or the weetabix, as you get one or the other as a healthy extra b choice (the bread as a hex only if its wholemeal and not just brown).
Dinner I assume that's cooked weight of rice? I would lose a chicken breast and bulk it out with more superfree veg, there is loads you can add to physically reduce the amount of higher calorie food that fit 1.on your plate, and 2. In your stomach which is the idea of the 1/3 rule.
Is your natural yogurt fat free?
Also importantly are you only eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full?

heifer said:
breakfast:
2 weetabix + 100mls ss milk + 1 medium

Lunch:
3 Poached eggs
2 slice medium brown bread no spread

Dinner:
2 Chicken Breasts
200g brown rice
300g garden peas

snacks:
400g grapes
4 red apples
500g natural yoghurt

Looks like you have no superfree at all in your meals and you should aim to fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal (including breakfast) with superfree food. Not sure about breakfast as there seems to be a word missing. Peas are free on EE and green but not superfree.. The obvious thing would be to cut down to 2 poached eggs max with your 2 slices of whole meal (from a 400g loaf- any bigger and you have to syn the extra). You also have grapes on there which, again, are not superfree. Although you can have them they shouldn't be first choice of snack. 500g of yoghurt, again, is free but some people have to be careful of the amount and 500g is quite a lot. So, in summary although you are allowed all of the things on plan, you should probably be substituting some of your free food for superfree as it is easier to overeat the free food and not lose. Whilst it is free, as you rightly point out, it is denser in calories than superfree so you should include more superfree. This will fill you and automatically cut down on the calorie content.

So to be perfectly honest i havent a clue on what i am doing with this Extra Easy.

I should really sit down with the consultant on Thurs but Thurs is a long way awy

So i thought ill ask here.

I wish i could find someone as in male and my weight so i could gauge myself on what i should be doing.

thanks for taking time out to reply aswell much appreicaited

lol the missing word is 1 medium banana

heifer said:
So to be perfectly honest i havent a clue on what i am doing with this Extra Easy.

I should really sit down with the consultant on Thurs but Thurs is a long way awy

I wish i could find someone as in male and my weight so i could gauge myself on what i should be doing.

Don't worry it can take a bit of time to get your head round it. Even if you just sit down and read your book again cover to cover you'll get the hang of it. And post any questions here cos folk are happy to reply. It is tricky but once you know what you're doing it'll become second nature. The trick is to get into the habit of thinking 1/3 superfree so at least have a look at that part of your book to see what you can have. Good luck and don't wait till Thursday give your counsellor a ring they should be happy to help by phone or text you if you need it :)

heifer said:

lol the missing word is 1 medium banana

Do you already have the pack or are you joining on Thursday? There are lots of men on here who I'm sure will be happy to advise but for now the best thing you can do is ensure you are getting that 1/3 with every meal. The reason it works is because it naturally cuts down the higher calorie food but as you've realised it really is essential to create the deficit. It is such a flexible and doable plan and once you've got your head around it, it will come naturally. X

Back