Please give me advice

differentusername

Getting married in July!!
Hi everyone. I have been on lipotrim tfr for nearly six weeks now. I have lost 1 stone 11lbs, taking me from 15.4 to 13.7. I am still very far off my goal of 11stone but i just dont think im going to b able to do tfr any more. Im finding it really hard, i miss textures and flavours and watching my other half eat is killing me, but also im just not myself, im tired, grumpy, moody and over all a bit blue. I know the results on tfr are amazing but i think that if i dont refeed soon im going to break out one day and lace into a dinner or something. Already yesterday i had a slice of cheese and slice of ham cos i was sick and just couldnt hack it.

So im thinking maybe its time to refeed. But i want to keep loosing weight. If i continue to hav 2 maintence shakes a day and one healthy meal with no snacks could i still expect to loose weight and if so how much??? I really need your advice asap as im thinking of reffeding very soon.

hey im sorry that you are struggling hunni, i dont know much about maintance either but my pharmacist told me that you will still lose weight just not as fast as tfr. but you do have to be strict with your one meal not to eat to much fat.
i hope you get the answers you need chick x x x

Hiyas!! Im feeling a bit better today. Iv decided that there is no point in refeeding when im sick, if im going to have to struggle to get food down i may as well struggle with my tfr shakes and hopefully keep loosing weight cos i cant taste food anyway. Im going to take it day at a time. Id like to stay on untill monday (weigh in) and then hopefully another week which should take me to the low 13s or maybe even into the 12s. Id still love to know if my idea of doing two shakes and one meal would actually work for weight loss. Id love to do hear if anyone knows anyone who has done this or how it went. I dont think id be able to do atkins but think i could be pretty restrained with what i ate for my one meal.

Thank u for the great help so more and if anyone has more advice or opinions about weight loss on 2 shakes and one meal id love to hear no matter what your opinion is. Thank u everyone!! Id b lost without yous!! Xxx

phone your chemist and ask them about maintanace shakes im sure they can advise you, and fingers crossed you feel better soon x x x

Thanks so so helpful. I went to my pharmacy there but the one i was talking to didnt seem to have a clue what she was talking about. She gave me the free maintence samples but didnt even giv me a refeed sheet just said eat a healithy meal and i know thats not how it works as i hav d refeed info at home. She said people do loose weight on the two shakes and one meal but didnt really have any info and didnt really seem to know what she was talking about.

Its amazing what a difference there is with who your dealing with in the pharmacy! And from pharmacy to pharmacy it seems to b totally different going by what people say on here.

I think ill stick it out untill my weigh in on monday and hopefully keep going on tfr but its a nice feeling knowing i have some maintence stuff here if i ever change my mind. 

Hi, The maintainence sachets can be used to lose weight as well as regular lipotrim. I'm not sure exactly what you would need to do, but probably the same as the refeed plan. Best to talk to your pharmacist

Clair x

Hey love. Sorry to hear you are struggling.
You can use the shakes and have 1 meal a day thats fine but your weight loss will be alot slower.

Your chemist sounds about as much use as a wet paper bag.

Here is the refeed plan. If i were you to get the most from your weight loss i'd stick to just days one and 2 with the occasional day 3 popped in there. But remember the carbs will kick you out of ketosis and your weight loss might be even slower. Just think portion sizes, healthy fruit & veg with plenty of fish, meat & poultry. Its not mentioned on here but you can have boiled eggs too. 2 boiled eggs is the equilivant of your piece of chicken/fish if you want 1 boiled egg just half the piece of meat your eating.

Refeed Programme

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4.
Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

You may have milk in tea/coffee.

At lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cress
Watercress
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Bean sprouts
Celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar
Or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables.

DAY 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Day 4-7

A Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus:

Up to 3 serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)

Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread)

Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)

Any of the skimmed milk products.

Fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.

Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off

Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - e.g. lean mince with low fat bolognese sauce

Medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat- read the label).

Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

Sample menu for days 4 to 7.....

Sample 1

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving.

Lunch: Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon mash - no added fat) Yogurt ( low fat).

Diner: 4-6 ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.

Evening: Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Sample 2

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving

Lunch: Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ounces cooked spaghetti or rice, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Snack or Evening: Tub of very low fat fromage frais, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.

2 of my friends did maintenance last year and the girl lost an average of 2-3 lbs a week and her hubby lost more but he was heavier. once a week they had a "treat" night where they just had a total blow out and enjoyed whatever they wanted. they have both kept the weight off. she lost about 2.5 stone and he lost about 4 stone in the space of about 3 months

Thank u summer girl!!!! Great post!!! You've done amazingly and wow u look fantastic. Your advice is always very practical and helpful.

Whenever i start to refeed is it ok to do day one for a few days, then day two for a few days etc or do i need to do day one to seven in sequence first and then go back to day one? If im sticking on day one and two for a good while (as, if its ok to do this i think it would prob aid weight loss) and then there is an occasion when i want to eat something not on the reffed plan/ drink some alcohol would i need to complete the rest of the reffed week first?? Its a bit confusing when you've never done it before.

Wow scarlettecloud thats great to hear!!!!!!!! Its great to know that it is actually possible and not only did they loose 2-3 lbs a week but they keep at it and kept it off. Thats brilliant to know!! So it is possible which is very reasuring. Xxx

Yep, repeat day 1 aslong as you like chick.
With alcohol .... say you stick to days 1 and 2 for a while and then you plan on drinking on the weekend just introduce days 3 and 4 and you should be well out of ketosis and out of danger. Then go back to days 1 and 2 if you feel like it :)

x

Tanyajane u r like a guru!!!!! Hehe

Your weight loss is amazing!!!! You have some will power to stick lipotrim for 22weeks!! And here i am thinking of quiting after 6! Maybe im feeling it harder this week cos im sick so i promised myself ill stick it untill mon and c how i feel about it then.Im sure some people didnt recognise you! Although u dont look 19 stone at all in your first picture. How long have u been maintaing now?

What made u switch to exante and how did u find being on it in comparison to lipotrim?

Also (and lastly i promise ) so r ya still in keytosis while doing day one and two of refeed? Is that the case even if you up the amount of veg as the days go on?

Back