Please Help, Don't Know Where Else To Turn...

MagicBeans23

This week is my 12th week on slimming world, and I have STS.

Very frustrated and disappointed. I have tried so hard this week (bar one meal with the in laws on Saturday night...but most weeks I have one diet fail meal and has never affected me before now). I've been going to the gym, I've been keeping my syns below 10. I'm so demotivated I could cry. Honestly.

2 weeks until my holiday and still 8lbs to go until I feel comfortable. Impossible. Not going to happen. I will be the beached whale amongst the beautiful sister in laws.

If I want to look for excuses, it is my time of the month. But that shouldnt make a difference, and hasnt before anyway.

Eugh. I'm so disgusting. What is wrong with me? I don't WANT to look like this, but I can't seem to change!!

As you can see from my signature, I started off very successfully and have struggled to keep up the losses, although I really am not deviating from the diet that often. February was a bad month for me, with my own birthday, valentines, new job celebrations and a holiday to Paris. But this month have been well and truely back on the wagon and it doesnt seem to have worked in the same way.

I see people on here posting losses of 6lbs a week! I get excited with 2! How can I be more successful? I really am ready to throw in the towel.
I literally HAVE to lose 8lbs in the next 2 weeks. And I can only get to the gym once definitely and maybe twice per week. Or i'd be going every day.

Last edited:
Hey, slow down!! Let's take this one step at a time.

First - you don't have much to lose. So you are not going to lose at the rate that some larger people do. Neither will they when their weight drops a bit. The more weight you lose, the slower you lose it. That's just the way it is.

Second - you don't have to lose six pounds in the next two weeks. You want to, and it would be great if you could, but the world will not come to an end if you don't. Forget about the sisters-in-law. What matters is that you go on holiday and have a good time. "Beached whale"? Don't think so. I would be delighted if I were your weight.

Third - the time of the month does make a difference. You will see many people here talking about "star weeks". It is quite normal.

You say you can't seem to change - but you have changed! You have lost eighteen pounds in ten weeks. That's nearly two pounds a week which is a proper, sensible rate of loss.

Since you started, is this the first time you have stayed the same? Because it happens to everyone from time to time. Stop beating yourself up about it, because it will do no good at all if you start talking about throwing in the towel when you are so near to your goal.

Hey I've just looked at your stats & honestly I think you're blowing this all up out of proportion, I'm the same height as you & now at target, but if I weighed the same as you do now I would definately not consider myself to be a beached whale far from it.

Just do what you can for your hols you're going to look fab x

Definitely don't think you will look like a beach whale - you are looking fabulous, with your height and weight!

See how you do the next couple weeks, if you don't get to what you WANT, then its no big deal - you're still looking fabulous and i bet your sister in laws are jealous as well that you're looking great!

Most of all - enjoy your holidays!! You've done so well so far and with all those occasion to celebrate as well!! Keep it up, stick at it! :D

Love Im so glad you came here and posted!

You have done amazingly well this far and think a STS is better than a gain, so don't beat yourself up.

Star week can affect your weightloss, it might not always but our bodies and hormones are funny things! Ive gained 2lb and lost 4lb on star weeks so its just going with the flow and what will be will be.

You can't change anything about last week now, its gone, done, over with- so don't dwell, it won't change anything.

Just get straight back on the plan and maybe try and shake it up a bit? Have you tried success express before? Or the speed soup?Tthere is a woman at group who swears by fish, another swears by scan bran. Are there any small changes you could make that might get you the weightloss you want this week?

If there are 2 things you know they are-
1- The plan works, stick with it.
2- We are all here if you need any help, tips or inspiration.

Hope you're feeling a bit better and more positive today.x.x.x.

Thanks for all the messages guys. I think I was having a rough day (work aswell as weightloss), feeling a bit more positive today and hubby took me out for a 'no diet' night last night to cheer me up! Nachos, burgers, chips, cocktails.... the lot! (Not going to help my case much mind!)

Back on the wagon today.

Any tips on how to speed things up would be great, is there a certain amount of syns people find works best? Use of red/green days? Anything would be helpful! I'm keeping up my water intake as I know this helps the hunger, but it doesnt seem to be doing me much good at the minute!

I've tried using 70syns per week, 105 per week non works better than the other for me. I prefer red & green days so tend to have those, I will occasionally have EE days, but that isn't because of the weight loss it's preference.

Have you thought of incorporating more super speed foods into your meals, baked beans, butter beans, melon, berries, are super speed & there are loads more listed in your books;)

So glad you're feeling more positive. The beauty of this plan is you can have a night 'off' and then get straight back on it the next day.

Personally I do EE, enjoy as many syns as I need day to day (though I rarely go over the 15) I have cut out coffee (unless I meet friends and really fancy it while Im out) which I have found really helps I have 2 young kids and though I wouldnt make it through the day but if anything I feel better switching entirely to herbal teas.

Have you tried the speed soup? I found that really helps and despite it sounding not too appealing its actually really tasty and makes a huge pan so its definitely enough to see you through the week.

1 can of mixed bean salad (drained)
1 can of green lentils (drained)
2 cans of chopped tomato
1 can of baked beans (drained)
2 large leeks (chopped)
1 large onion (diced)
4 medium carrots (chopped)
2 parsnips (diced)
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 chicken stock cubes
salt & pepper
water enough to cover all the ingredients

Drinking plenty of water is a great step too, look through the list of speed/superspeed foods and see if you could maybe incorporate these into your meals or snacks.

Success Express is a great tool too and you don't need to commit to it for a whole week, just a few days through the week could help. Flip your plate ratio so only 1/3 is free and 2/3 is superfree. You also count syns slightly differently as you take whichever is the highest value from across the 3 plans. I love SE and as I only really use my syns on chocolate and crisps it doesnt really change the syn values but I definitely see the results.

.x.x.

The speed soup sounds tasty! My problem is I'm trying to diet alongside a husband who isn't and can't afford to be buying/cooking 2 different menus. So I tend to stick to red/green standard meals and I take the carbs/meat as appropriate for whatever I'm cooking for us. Hubby is really fussy eater (won't eat soup or pasta for a start....) & I struggle sometimes to please the both of us.

Back