Please help me - permanant TOTM

Shangri-la

:cry:I have been on slim and save for two weeks tommorrow and have had constant Totm. It came for two days, stopped for three days and so on for the two weeks.

The issue is that I have the implanon contraceptive implant and have had absolutely no bleeding for two years. I know this is breakthrough bleeding as I have done vlcds before but its the pmt, as in a swelled tummy with fluid and feeling starving even though I am in ketosis. My body is completely mimicing real periods and pmt.

It is really hard to control cravings for fat and sugar. OH and kids had chippy yest and it nearly drove me around the bend:17729:.
What can i do to control cravings as it feels as though I will have pmt and bleed for the duration of my stint on vlcd. I hope to be on it until september. Also, I am still finishing my exante products so what I have is an exante shake, exante bar, and 1 slim and save meal with veg daily. Is this enough?. I really love slim and save so any help would really be appreciated so that I can stay on it. Ihave been 100% for two weeks but have only lost 6 pounds week one and 3 pounds on weeks two. my start weight was 13st 3lbs.Thanks ladies.

Hi Binge eater, I have a Mirena Coil fitted and haven't had any bleeding for months and months until I started S&S. I'm the same, I've been bleeding lightly but continually for the past 2.5 weeks and I've just finshed week 3. I just put it down to the change in diet but do feel like my losses are a bit low and I feel like I'm holding fluid. I don't have any answers for you but I'm interested to see if anyone else responds with similar experience.

Hi Binge eater, I have a Mirena Coil fitted and haven't had any bleeding for months and months until I started S&S. I'm the same, I've been bleeding lightly but continually for the past 2.5 weeks and I've just finshed week 3. I just put it down to the change in diet but do feel like my losses are a bit low and I feel like I'm holding fluid. I don't have any answers for you but I'm interested to see if anyone else responds with similar experience.

Hi SuziWoo, Thanks so much for your reply. I was just about to start a new thread about my low weightloss and yours are nearly the exact same as mine. just weight in this morning and I lost 2lbs and it's week 2. I only lost 6lbs weeks one so only 8lbs for two weeks!!!

It is very demoralising but I just keep thinking that the only way the weight can go on this diet is down no matter how slow it is!!!lol!. I hope to lose a stone a month though or near enough to it. Damn totm and fluid retention!!!

Binge eater said:
Hi SuziWoo, Thanks so much for your reply. I was just about to start a new thread about my low weightloss and yours are nearly the exact same as mine. just weight in this morning and I lost 2lbs and it's week 2. I only lost 6lbs weeks one so only 8lbs for two weeks!!!

It is very demoralising but I just keep thinking that the only way the weight can go on this diet is down no matter how slow it is!!!lol!. I hope to lose a stone a month though or near enough to it. Damn totm and fluid retention!!!

Why are you demoralised at having lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! It's brilliant-and you said you're retaining fluid which makes it an ever greater acheivement!

HIya , when I first started VLCDs I had the implanon and I bled constantly for 5 months !!! My GP then gave me the pill on top of it and that stopped it . The fat burning process releases oestrogen which then effects your TOTM and unfortunatley this can mean some ladies will have a constant TOTM :/ and 8 lb in 2 weeks is pretty great .
I also mix exante and S&S but I have 4 packs and you need to rememeber that S&S packs are only a quarter of your daily essentials , so add this to 2 exante products and you arent getting enough nutrients . You need to either stick to 1 diet or have 4 packs .. I have 3 S&S and 1 exante / tesco bar a day :)

HIya , when I first started VLCDs I had the implanon and I bled constantly for 5 months !!! My GP then gave me the pill on top of it and that stopped it . The fat burning process releases oestrogen which then effects your TOTM and unfortunatley this can mean some ladies will have a constant TOTM :/ and 8 lb in 2 weeks is pretty great .
I also mix exante and S&S but I have 4 packs and you need to rememeber that S&S packs are only a quarter of your daily essentials , so add this to 2 exante products and you arent getting enough nutrients . You need to either stick to 1 diet or have 4 packs .. I have 3 S&S and 1 exante / tesco bar a day :)

Thanks determinator.Im so excited now that I can add an extra slim and save meal to my quota. I thought it might be too much but maybe thats why I feel starving. So if I have 2slim and save meals, an exante shake and bar, is that ok?. I just need to finish the exante products so that I can order my months supply of 4per day slim and save. Thanks for the great advice. 8lbs off is better than 8lbs on.

Welshtigger, you are right, I really should not complain as it is going in the right direction and I don't even have to think, calorie count about what I am doing.

Does it affect your TOTM?

I had mine 2 weeks ago, started S&S a week ago and am starting TOTM again?! (am on pill and have not missed any?) :s

I really feel your pain Binge eater - so much so I was about to start a similar thread :eek:
I also have implanon, it's due to be removed in September and I'm getting the constant period thing, but like really heavy which is not normal for me.
I had a bladder infection 2 weeks ago and have had a painful period ever since. I was lucky if I had 4 periods a year before, I know it's down to the diet as it happened when I did Cambridge.
I'm thinking of making a doctors appointment and I'm going to ask to go back on Ovranette to see if that will be combat the break through bleeding and sort out my mood swings. :mad::cry:

Best of luck to you. x

So if I have 2slim and save meals, an exante shake and bar, is that ok?.

I think I'd have 3 x S&S products and 1 Exante product personally simply because the carb value of the Exante products is higher than S&S and they have more calories too.

Snap! I posted about this yesterday - I am on the mini pill and have no periods but since I started VLCD 2 weeks ago it hasn't stopped :-( The bloating, cramps and moods are horrible. To anyone who had these issues, how long did it take to go back to normal? Was it once you had done the re-feed or longer? I'm going on holiday in 5weeks and really don't want my perma-period to come to!

me too!

5 weeks later... I think its stopping.... *praying to the TOM gods*

me too!

5 weeks later... I think its stopping.... *praying to the TOM gods*

LMAO!!! thats one way of putting it... the TOM gods. Thanks ladies for all your really supportive and encouraging replies.

We know it's the low calories causing it so at least it's nothing to worry about. My only really issue with it (please look away now if you're squeamish!!!) is that my hubby won't come next nor near me if I have the remotest sign of Totm as he finds blood a complete turn off and I don't blame him, to be honest but anyway by the end of this diet come september I will not only weigh less but I will also be a born again virgin. I suppose after four kids thats not bad going!!!

I am starting my degree in Nursing in September so I hope to be completely overhauled on the body front, lol, so it it will be full steam ahead!!!:D:D

I'm the opposite. My periods have always been erratic. Now I'm on S&S it arrives exactly the day I expect it and lasts 2 days.

Aren't we very grown up on the S&S talking about periods and not using all those incredibly irritating other names that seem the norm on Minimins lol

lol, Starlight, so true. We are women. What is to be embarrassed about?. It is periods or menstruation. Nothing unusual, embarrassing or disgusting about it. We should rejoice in it (that might be taking it too far, lol) as we are empowered, educated and modern Women.:p

You can have blobs but no AFs! Who the hell is Flo anyway?

This exact same thing happened to me first time in exante...I have implanon and exante kick started a 4 month period! which didnt stop when I came off exante...so the doc gave me the mini pill on top of implant and hey presto no period for over a year!!

Hi Binge eater

Did you get sorted?
I got some cerezette (mini pill) from the nurse and so far it seems to be working *touches wood* :)

Back