Please help me - permanant TOTM

Hi Binge eater

Did you get sorted?
I got some cerezette (mini pill) from the nurse and so far it seems to be working *touches wood* :)

Hi gemmagilchrist, my period stopped finally thank god. I have been on the diet for a month and lost a stone and due to financial constraints, I have to stop so I am back on normal food from monday onwards. God help me!!!

Starlight said:
If you do ill-use my mod powers and infract you

Same goes for star week. Auntie flow (bolk) or anything else

Star week is only used in sw groups to prevent 'embarassing' men in the class. It stems back from when a consultant would put a * on your sheet when you were on!!! And I guess it's just stuck!

Welshtigger said:
Star week is only used in sw groups to prevent 'embarassing' men in the class. It stems back from when a consultant would put a * on your sheet when you were on!!! And I guess it's just stuck!

It's still wrong! Lol

And men should be big enough to cope with the word period

omg this is so mad! i am following the dukan diet and have started my period again 2 and half weeks since the first day of my last one ans before that i hardly ever had them im on implanon implant. not sure what to do tho! i dont wanna give up on the diet as i have been doing so well. but these periods are so heavy and gross not like mine at all!! wierd ... i googled it and its quite common but no official web pages are commenting on it just forums like this one!! how peculiar

I've had nearly three weeks with two days break. It's the only downside of the diet, the lesser of two evils!!

Snap!
Wrote a little bit about it on my diary as it was a bit of a shock to get my first full blown period for nearly 12 years! I've been on a mixture of Depo and Implanon and been happily period free until now. I am due to see my Dr on Monday and will defo mention it if it hasn't stopped!
Lots of hugs and big Luvs x x

Bethers said:
Snap!
Wrote a little bit about it on my diary as it was a bit of a shock to get my first full blown period for nearly 12 years! I've been on a mixture of Depo and Implanon and been happily period free until now. I am due to see my Dr on Monday and will defo mention it if it hasn't stopped!
Lots of hugs and big Luvs x x

The doc will probably explain that it's natural when on a VLCD! Its all to do with the hormones which are stored in fat cells-obviously as you lose fat cells then it'll have a knock on effect on your periods

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
My doc said he could give me hormones or fit a mirena. Is rather stay hormone free and have the constant floods.. joy LOL small price to pay :) x

yeah im thinking i mite have the implant removed. id rather have to use the faithful condom if im honest! nayway im going to make an appiontment at the docs i did some googling on the subject and got this: eastrogen is stored in your fat so when you burn fat fast by going ketonic (ie on a low carb diet) this releases the eastrogen out into your system and therefore you have a period!
i thought to myself oh well at least theres a reason.
it says not to worry unless you bleed constantly for a prolonged period but how long is prolonged???

I'm hormone free, just hoping it settles. Nearly had an ambulance out last time as I was bleeding so heavily. Fingers crossed body gets used to it Xx

yes me thinks this is the way to go. keep me posted as to weather you settle down and how long it takes. i am quite jealous that you are hormone free. i bet it will settle in no time, good luck with the rest of your journey.

Welshtigger said:
The doc will probably explain that it's natural when on a VLCD! Its all to do with the hormones which are stored in fat cells-obviously as you lose fat cells then it'll have a knock on effect on your periods

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

So it looks like I'll just have to get on with it then. I suppose there's worse things!

I'm starting to wonder whether this diet is sponsored by tampax though - Lol x x

And thinking about it, it's a good sign! I mean if I wasn't using up stored fat, then I wouldn't be bleeding right?

i am still having early periods and on days and off days ... its such a headache, but aparently not as much of a headache as it is trying to get a health professional to take this damn bar out of my arm. GRRRR

I feel your pain, I'm on day err 17... :-I

its a nightmare isnt it? but i'm loosing weight at such a good pace i dont want to stop dieting!! its so annoying!!

Great your still loosing. I get such bad water retention. Stay off the scales for a couple weeks at a time!

bless u thats awful, i dont know anything about slim and save never even heard of it until i came on here so i wouldn't know what to suggest.
hope things improve for you xx

Back