Please help me to decide-want to try CD instead of LL..?

Daisydee

FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY!!!
:help2:Hello everyone

Debating long and hard today about whether to return to LL developers or start CD. I would really appreciate any thoughts from any of you who made the switch and WHAT IS IT THAT IS BETTER ABOUT CD?

Thanks

Daisydee

I made the switch after a couple of weeks and have found the flaours so much nicer! Plus I like the framework for maintenance that CD have...the gradual return to food.

Hi Daisy
Well done for you losses etc.
Probably best to find out what is important to you, personally.
Costs
Flavours
counselling
those are the main difference really - but TBH, I did LL and found I gained little from the group counselling, I was also in a group of cheaters who all lost more than me despite me sticking like glue to the programme... I got totally demoralised, fell off the wagon and the rest is history.
I actually find just as much support, here & with my CDC as I ever did with LL, but thats just me everyone is different as are the CDC's....
Good luck hun xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all - thanx for your replies

I am interested in your comments Time4me as I am really fo the opinion that the group counselling gave me very little too. The counsellor that I had was very nice and encouraging but the group was often hogged by a very emotionally damaged individual and this was not really well-controlled by the counsellor. This EDI thought that this was her group therapy I think which left minimal room for the others and to be honest there is not even much 1:1.

I have to confess that this is one of the main reasons that I did not return to the developers group because I could not stand the thought of hearing all of this person's story again and again. We all have our owno stuff to deal with but in moderation I believe - everyo0ne should get their chance at a little self-disclosure if they wish.

I am a little worried now about seeking a CD counsellor because it is very important for me to hook up with the right person (that is why I guess that I thought about going back to LL even at the price).

Daisydee x

Hi Dancin

I think that you posted your reply as I did.

The issue is very much about finding the right CDC and I guess that if the way forward.

Well done on your success - I have seen your postings from time to time and you are soing great.

Daisydee

Hi all - thanx for your replies

I am interested in your comments Time4me as I am really fo the opinion that the group counselling gave me very little too. The counsellor that I had was very nice and encouraging but the group was often hogged by a very emotionally damaged individual and this was not really well-controlled by the counsellor. This EDI thought that this was her group therapy I think which left minimal room for the others and to be honest there is not even much 1:1.

I have to confess that this is one of the main reasons that I did not return to the developers group because I could not stand the thought of hearing all of this person's story again and again. We all have our owno stuff to deal with but in moderation I believe - everyo0ne should get their chance at a little self-disclosure if they wish.

I am a little worried now about seeking a CD counsellor because it is very important for me to hook up with the right person (that is why I guess that I thought about going back to LL even at the price).

Daisydee x

Wow Daisy - we had one of those, she was the one who constantly cheated, my LLC was also lovely but the group took over and it was all about other things and not the counselling!
I emailed all the CDC's in my area and those not too far away, I sent them all exactly the same email, introducing myself what I'd done, why it had/hadn't worked & what I still wanted to achieve. I then waitied for the replies to make my decision - some bothered & out of those I chose my CDC xxxx

Where about are you Daisy?

You are absolutely right - LL can indeed be very hit and miss. Hedgemag - thanks I have some details of counsellors in the area where I am and I might just follow Dancin and Time4me and see how I get on.

Whatever I do I am determined to do it this week and I do not want to get to the end of Feb wothout a plan.

Daisydee

One other thing that has just come to mind it that it quite a skill to run a group and I have no doubt that a group of often obese/morbidly obese women are quite a challenge to deal with.

There are some large onions in a group like that waiting to have their layers peeled off. And believe me as with Rome those layers did not get built in a a day. But that is what these counsellors get trained in is it not?

The way the individual handles the group does have an effect on how safe the attendees feel and share ect.

Daisydee x:)

I come from LL , I lost 6 1/2 stones , stopped
I didnt cheat once
but once I stopped , I stopped
I have come to CD , becouse..........

did not want to deal with LLC as I had put on a few pounds

didnt want the classes anymore , I do think they were good to a point , but done that.

cost..........

I find CD better for me now , I know what to do and I am just doing it.My CDC is not doing my head in as some of the people in class did after months on the diet , you just get on with it , I like the idea of a meal now and then, so food dosent start to be something more than it is. like it can with LL.

Back