Please help me work syns out

chun-ky

Silver Member
I had some mini rosti's with my tea. They had 60 calories each, and are 83% potato. Does this mean that i dont need to syn the 83% of potato? And if each rosti has about 50 calories of potato, thats about 10 calories of 'syns' and i can syn them at 1/2 a syn each?? I am no mathamatition lol lol ( or any cop at spelling :D ) Thanks xx

Ah sorry doesnt work like that - they may be 83% potato *by mass* but not necessarily by calories - eg any oil or whatever could easily outweigh calories from potato (but you might be lucky). Can you just give us the nutritional info (calories, protein, carbohydrate and fat per 100g or per portion, AND the portion size) and we can work it out. Or do you have the exact brand and product name?

Lol I'm baffled. I would have thought. Best leave it to the experts!

You've asked this question before, are they the same ones? : http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/223511-potato-rosti.html#post3852212

Someone else had calculated them at 1.5 syns each.
Yeah they have changed the recipie now :( They have more potato and more calories so back to square 1 on syn value lol. They are morrisons mini potato rosti's still, just ''new and improved'' Nutritional info per rosti; Cals 61
Protein 0.8g
Carbs 7.8g (sugars 0.2)
Fat 3g (saturates 0.3)
Is that enough info? Thanks xx
Sorry portion size is 30g (frozen weight) each xx

I get:
2 Syns per package/portion on Green/EE

Boo! Why do they keep adding syns to think that didnt need fixing :(

Thanks Ermintrude! Im sad now :( lol. They tasted exactly the same too. And i scoffed 3 of the bloody things! x

Thanks Ermintrude! Im sad now :( lol. They tasted exactly the same too. And i scoffed 3 of the bloody things! x

Ah its not so bad, better than 3 Mars Bars :D

Back