Please help, seriously ready to jack it all in....

batlo8

Morning guys,

hope you're all well?

I'm feeling on the verge of quitting the diet, it's just really getting me down. I'm constipated, cranky and starving. It's not at all like the first time I did it where I quickly adapted and got a euphoric feeling, I really am just miserable and constantly hungry.

Plus I've gained 1lb this week which now won't shift. I don't get it, it seems when I cheat I get a good loss and when I'm 100% I gain :-( if that's going to happen I may as well take a more conventional route.

I'm so so fat and I hate it and I just want this to work like last time bur it's not. I feel like crying xx

Hi Lois, I feel a bit like that too.......write it all down (I keep a blog) and tell yourself you'll just take it a day at a time? I can't hack the constipation anymore which I think is being exacerbated by my medication so I'm going for a colonic on saturday.....

I've had pathetic losses these past 3 weeks and when I look at what other people are losing I feel really miserable....why can't that be me? The rate I'm losing I could go to WW eat properly, not have to take laxatives and not have to take the gastric pills that I need to take before my meds because of not eating solid food, which I'm sure are bunging me up too!

Try and get through another day, dunno what the weathers like where you are but it's lovely here just right for a crisp autumnal walk. I'm off to the hairdressers in a bit to get a cut and blow to take my mind off food....

One day at a time, or even an hour at a time......stick with it x

Thanks sandra :) it is so hard when you see the losses other people have and you feel like you're working so hard but getting virtually nowhere!

I definitely think the constipation has a lot to do with the small losses.

I'm sure, just out of the blue we will both experience big unexpected losses!

I just can't help thinking about the fact that for my first week I was having 2 shakes and an evening meal and I lost a stone! The reason I stopped was in a bid to get into ketosis which I'm still not in! Plus since I've been on just the shakes that's where the weight loss stopped! So it's very tempting to go back to having my tea.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll look beautiful after the hairdressers, hope it keeps your mind off it. Good luck for the rest of the day xxx

Don't take too much notice of the ketostix....mine have said that I'm in ketosis the entire time.....so why isn't the weight falling off?

Wish I had some answers Lois! Xx

I found it very hard to do it again after having great success the first time too... but do hang in there... you never regret staying on the diet but you'll regret coming off it... you'll be thinking if i'd just stayed on it another few weeks i'd be at my target instead you'll prob be still the same weight....

I don't know TFR is all that seems to work for me i try my best to stick to healthy food but i never lose i just maintain till a holiday or occasion where i put the few lbs on which i don't lose just maintain!! aRrgggghhhh

anyways i hope you hang in there and take it 1 shake at a time just for the next day or 2 and see how you're feeling then

Hiya Batlo8,

Im sorry your having a rough time, hope u feel better soon love!!
Remember theres always someone on here going through a similar journey to yourself!

Everyone is different so try and not compare yourself to anyone plus i think your doing great!!

Before i started lipotrim I spent a year going to the gym 5 times a week doing an hours cardio each day and eating healthy, i'd probably have 1 take away a month an probably drink 1-2 times per month and still couldn't lose weight (i felt that i was toning up but no weightloss) i went to my doc they just insisted i wasn't trying hard enough, so then i started Lipotrim and my weightlosses aren't as good as most peoples on here, but its still a loss!

Do what u feel is right for you, sorry i don't have any advice for you and I hope you feel better soon x

Hi Batlo
Going off the diet is not going to solve anything. You still won't be the weight you want to be. I would stay hang on in there. I really don't understand how you're not in ketosis after 4 days if you're sticking rigidly to the diet. Have you got ketostix to make sure? Just give it one more committed week and don't let anyone or anything put you off. We can all make excuses as to why we don't want to do this - but at the end of the day we DO want to do it cause we're sick & tired of being fat. To do this diet, you have to be committed to YOURSELF and your need to loose weight. I find the key for me when I'm weak is to get out of the house - & put temptation out of the way, oh and black coffee is great for killing the hunger pangs. Remember - nothing worthwhile is ever easy!
Good luck & keep going.

The first week you lose loads anyway as long as you quit carbs. So you can eat and lose in the first week...but the big losses don't last.

I'm a slow loser on a VLCD and, it turns out, a slow loser on any diet. So for me on a VLCD I lose the fastest I can on any diet. I'm not like those women who lose fast..some people aren't.

So by all means move to weight watchers or another diet that gives you food. They are much more fun to be on...but just be aware you will still be a slow loser on that as well..probably. Hey I hope you prove me wrong. x

I'm not really qualified to give advice as I'm only on Day 3 but try to hang in there. Try to focus on the reasons you started this diet, you will get there, it's hard sometimes no matter what diet we do but just think how you'll feel in a few weeks when you're feeling better and that weight has come off..you'll be so proud of yourself for sticking with it..

xxx

P.S...whenever I'm blocked up I do a really strenuous workout...it makes everything in my body loosen up :D

I agree with the exercise Ella, unfortunately I'm waiting for a hip replacement, it turns out that all the years of running that I used to do have worn out my hips cos I was born with mildly dislocated hips but didn't find out until this year! I can't wait to be fixed and seriously back at the gym...I still go but it's an hour or so of gentle cardio and a few weights, I barely break sweat. I love working up a really good sweat!

That sounds like a nightmare Sandra but fair play to you for not giving up. Any exercise is good exercise :D:D:D

Hello, Batlo sorry to hear you feel like that. I'm on my 7th week and sometimes i just think i can't be doing with this and want to eat too but just try to hang in there.

Have you considered Exante or another VCLD that provides meals or something chewable at least? or a combination of Lipotrim with Atkins or something like that - you'll be able to eat but also stay in ketosis.

I don't know where you get your Lipotrim from but have to had a chat with them about how you feel, maybe they could advise you or even this lipotrim lot themselves i think all their details are on the website.

Good luck and i hope things get better.
Cath.

In my humble opinion, the only thing that will guarantee that we get to our goal is to stop thinking we have a choice to carry on or not. Stop wondering back and forth in our minds if we will pack in or not. We already made this decision when we started LT. Just keep going one day at a time, we are all on a journey to get from A to B how can we get to B if we keep wondering down dead ends? Its not easy, its not enjoyable and its certainly no fun but we knew that before we started.
Sandra I admire you so much because you have more challenges that some of us and you are still here 100% even with smaller losses its your strength that is most inspiring!
We can all do this, failure is not an option gang we will pull each other through to the end and have a laugh and/or a cry along the way. xxx :)

Have you ever been in the Army Daisy??? lol

You can be scary!!! pmsl x x x

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Orville??? Whose hand is shoved up your bum then???

I think you're lovely x x x

Echo Daisy 100% - personally I found it REALLY helped me to set a deadline. I know that 14lbs per month is 'normal', and as that works out to around 3lbs per week I worked out how many weeks I'd need to be on it - as I had the usual good loss in the first week, this meant I thought I'd need to stay on it 16 weeks in total. That sounded like SUCH a lot back then!! But I am just coming to the end of week 10, and holding that magic date (19th November for me!!) in my mind is really driving me on!

The other change I have made is to move to Cambridge Diet (mainly due to location / convenience vs the LT pharmacy) and they do the 3 sachet thing (known as 'sole source') but also a 'sole source plus' which is 3 sachets plus a 200cal zero-carb meal (ie white meat/fish and green veg). I allow myself up to 2 x SS+ per week, only if I'm really hungry, and it really helps at this stage. On Saturday I will have 6 weeks left, and I think about 15lbs to go - that's a really inspiring thought, and stops it feeling like 'yet another 6 weeks'!!

That is soooooooooooooo funny Daisy... I am so jealous i can't do that x x x

Next time you should say "hold on, she is just removing her arm from my backside and she will be right with you!!"

Back