Please help....so unhappy with myself righ now

EatPrayLove

ARGGGHHHH!! I HATE MY JOB. It's so boring and stressful for no reason! People who I work with at best are useless, rude and unhelpful, (not my team, they're great).

The work is often monotonous and I just don't know why I bother! Now, they've increased our workload and on top of that we have no idea what is happening to our team...if we'll change departments, or whatever!

To top it all off, I've eaten today depsite doing so well and probably being a day away from ketosis! I could kick myself! I knew what I was doing but I'm so discouraged right now, I just caved. :cry:

It's no wonder I'm at my heaviest weight. I'm so unhappy right now. I feel like crying. I feel like I can't do this! I eat when I'm stressed and bored and recently I've been getting ill a lot.

Hi EPL. Don't feel bad about it everyone has probably gone through the same thing at some point. I know I did. Just pick yourself up and get back on track. Take care x

We're with you Hun ~ don't despair. Work is only a means to earn wine/treat/holiday tokens! Don't let them get you down ~ remember 'your're much better than they expect you to be' and you can only change yourself, nobody else. Cheer up chicken and every time you use an exante meal think "that's another success they've had no hand in!" :)

We're with you Hun ~ don't despair. Work is only a means to earn wine/treat/holiday tokens! Don't let them get you down ~ remember 'your're much better than they expect you to be' and you can only change yourself, nobody else. Cheer up chicken and every time you use an exante meal think "that's another success they've had no hand in!" :)

Joolz what a wonderful response, adding to my already emotional state!

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I worked so hard over the last 10 years to build up something and I feel like I hve nothing to show for it.In the mean time, my closest friends are either earning ten times as much or are persuing dreams.

Just feel stuck in a rut!

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I worked so hard over the last 10 years to build up something and I feel like I hve nothing to show for it.In the mean time, my closest friends are either earning ten times as much or are persuing dreams.

Just feel stuck in a rut!

Just cos they're earning more doesn't make them more successful ~ look at the fact that they are your closest friends. Thats obviously because they want to be with you so you must have something that they love. You choose your friends ~ work colleagues come witht the package. Trust in the knowledge that when they go home they're probably still the same horrors but you have people that genuinely care about you for you! :bighug:

I had a terrible day at work too, not the people, just the nature of the job at times which is not in my control but one thing I did feel I had control over was exante. I have done the exactly the same thing as you before using food as a 'treat' when I feel stressed or down which ends in an evening of feeling unhappy, eating rubbish which just makes me feel bloated and more 'down'. My advice is to be kind to yourself, have a nice scented bath, put on your pjs and relax and make a commitment that tomorrow, no matter what, you will be even kinder to yourself by NOT using food as a comfort, as you know it only gives a very quick and temporary high. The feeling of a good TS day is so much better than going down that road. Give yourself a wee mini goal for the next day or two and it is amazing how much better you will feel emotionally. I have a tough couple of days ahead too and am already trying to focus myself. Remember this sometimes feel like an uphill struggle at times and you will stumble but be your own best friend and talk to yourself the way you would talk to a close friend. What advice would you give them? Best of luck and keep dusting yourself down and moving forward. :)

You have had some great responses about the work thing, so I will try to help with the eating thing.

I had to eat only 2 days into Exante. It was a chinese buffet on a hen night! For gawd sake what a thing to break TS for! Well I have still managed 7lbs in a week.

Dont worry! Just go back to it and you will soon be in K and the cravings/desire to eat will disappear as if by magic.

If other can do it, so can you. Dont beat yourself up, just keep going!

sorry u had a bad day... dont let the bad envrionment at work dictate your life and dreams....you are doing this for u and every day you make a choice to keep going is a day closer to your goal, and that goal is closer than you think - so keep going - you will make it :)

Hope you are feeling better today - have a great weekend :)

EPL, don't be so hard on yourself, trust me that I understand you, I have tough days at work also, sometimes it feels like I wanna resign, I am tired, I don't sleep enough or well, headaches and all... these past day I wasn't able to be on track with exante, but i've made a promisse to myself that I would resist to temptations and I will stop punishing myself. because when you eat junk this is what you/I do, we are punishing ourselves for things out of our control. Good luck!

Don't let one slip up ruin your whole week - you can still do this! It's hard but keep going and you could still see a loss at the end of your week which will spur you on into the next week, then it's onwards and downwards with your weight :) x

Thank you everyone for all of your support. It has really helped me to feel less alone in this all.

I doubt I'll have a loss as I've not been able to get back on track, but I'm working in getting my mind in the right place. I'm supposed to have a WI on Monday but I don't know if I should restart or just have a crap first week?

My advice would be not to restrart, just put it down to experience and crack on with 100% . If you say to yourself 'I'll restart Monday and I will be very determined this week" it may give you a lift but all it will actually do if give yourself a licence to stuff yourself silly over the next 48 hours which will put you even further away from your goal!!! How many times have we all 'restarted' and it makes us feel better but secretly we have just given ourselves permission to go mad? This is why most diets don't work, simply because we are always having 'a last supper' and moving the date forward gaining even more weight in the meantime, and therefore showing a poor loss for the first week. Remember 100% is a very strict regime and will take a huge commitment. If you keep trying and failing you will bounce up and down those scales like a yo-yo which is incredibly demotivating!! I am finishing my 5th week now at 100% and this has been a tough week as I think the scales are going to show only a 2lb loss on Monday for my official weight loss but I am feeling determined to keep going because if I don't I will push myself further away from my goal and I have been through too much with this already to eat and gain. If you really really feel that 100% is going to be impossible, why not eat a healthy low carb diet for a week to gain control and plan for 100% on a specific date? Then you will feel more ready to start and less likely to eat rubbish until start day as if you binge before starting you'll be climbing the walls on 100% within a couple of days and increase your chances of giving in again. I hope this helps as you can see I speak as an experienced failed dieters and exante is my last hope and hopefully the last diet I will have to be on!! Best of luck with what you decide to do...you CAN do it :):):)

Back