please help

Discussion in 'Exante' started by rhirhi, 17 February 2011 Social URL.

1. rhirhi

rhirhi Member

exante diet works on the premise of ketosis right? which is the same as the Atkins diet...so if I have fallen off the wagon (chicken,cheese, pepperoni) all things you can have on Atkins, then i wont have been kicked out of keto...? right or wrong?

please help, going through massive guilt and confusion and need some guidance!! :cry::cry::cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Divster

Divster Banned

I think you will be fine! :D

4. rhirhi

rhirhi Member

thank god, getting into keto was horrific and i really dont want to go threw it all again!! just cracked and had to EAT SOMETHING! so tried damage limitation! thanks for getting back to me!

5. Divster

Divster Banned

If you really need to eat then that sort of food is the way to go. High protein

6. rhirhi

rhirhi Member

what about the cheese? it high in calories, will it affect me? or is it the same premise as atkins with keto??

7. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    cheese will keep you in keto but no too much though

8. Divster

Divster Banned

Depends how much you ate, but if your daily calories are still low, and you are still ketosis it shouldnt stall things too much, but you are not going to lose weight if your calories are too high on a daily bases. This isnt Atkins its a very low calorie diet, dont think you can do both, is that what you mean?

9. rhirhi

rhirhi Member

i dont really want to do both, i loved atkins but need to shift pounds quickly so thats why i have resorted to this diet as i know it works quickly. was just hoping that becaus both diets work through ketosis that my slip up would not be to harmful...i didnt have a lot of cheese, about size of matchbox. instantly regretted it, just had to eat something. classic comfort eater, felt good at the time but racked with guilt now!!

10. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've done the same, and it's definitely better to stick with the high protein, low carb options. I tend to go for some cold chicken / meat, but a small piece of cheese will be fine too (it's just trying not to get dependent on adding these bits!), but you should still be in ketosis and should see those pounds start to melt away :)

11. rhirhi

rhirhi Member

ah lovely, thats so good to know, i would rather have something small and stay in keto then a massive blowout and have to get back into it again!! i know its naughty but its so hard sometimes, being on this diet highlights how often i use food when i am stressed (often with a wedding and a degree) and bored! lol :O)

12. teaandcakeordeath

teaandcakeordeath Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Reading this has reassured me a little bit! I've been baking cakes all evening and it made me feel so hungry that I ate some chicken. Better chicken than cake I suppose! Eeek.

13. Scarybush

Scarybush Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    22st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Think i'm gonna go buy a chicken tomorrow and Boil it, take the skin off and chop it up...Think it will help some much with starting back on the wagon..OH will be away for a few ays, so hoping to get back into it 100%, can't keep doing this to myself..

14. gil7044

gil7044 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.72%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh the joys...I caved yesterday, livid with myself too. Been to cinema with kids, took my can of coke zero like a good girl, and had no problems. But then back home decided to myself that I needed carbs! It was like having an angel and devil on each shoulder. Didn't have a lot but will surely have kicked me out of K. Arrggghh. Just heading for a black coffee now. I know why it happened though...yesterday for the first time in 10 days I wanted to eat something so had a boiled egg in the morning and I was hooked. I just cant be trusted to eat it seems. Enuf!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.