Please send me some good vibes

Thanks Geri, but I think I will be weighed at the hospital as their scales go up to a high weight, my GP's scales only go up to 24 stones, and the chemist locally - their scales only go up to 24 stones. (Although it will only take a few months to get to that weight hopefully).

You right LIL
before you know it, you'll be able to weigh on those scales... :D

Thinking of you for thursday, I am going away thursday morning but will be back on sunday so please post and let us know how you got on and I will look immediately on my return.

Love to you, as well as my thoughts and prayers x

Hello Lady in London. My heart goes out to you. 8 months ago, I could hardly walk across the room, getting up from the sofa meant perching on the edge first and pushing up with both hands. Clmbing the stairs was a nightmare. I had to do the ironing sitting down as I could not stand up for for than about a minute without pain in my back. Cleaning the house, and even keeping myself clean was extremely difficult, time consuming and exhausting. I am 5'4" tall and weighed 21st9lbs.
I have lost just about 10 stone in those 8 months, and my experience of the world, and living in it, has changed in every way. Don't let anyone put you off, you absolutely CAN do it. I started the WeMitt thread for people like you and I, who have a longer and more difficult journey than many others. I will e mail you.
Ann x

Thanks so much for your posts. Also thanks Ann. I have been recommended to view your 'before' photos but I can only find the link to your Italian ones. You look lovely and slim and healthy.

It rings true the problems you had when you were overweight. I am also 5ft 4ins but around 10 stone more than you were when you started. I am about 30 or 31 stone, perhaps more. So I have those problems and much more which I will only admit to when I eventually get down to a normal weight.

I have visions of saying to people that "I used to weigh 31 stone", but only saying this when they have a cup or glass of drink to their lips, and smiling to myself when I see them splutter!!! I will shout it to the world, and it wont take more than 18 months on a VLCD. Progress would be far too slow on WW, as I have joined twice recently and gained on the 33 points allowance of food I ate. Slimmers on WW are specifically asked not to reduce their allowance, and no matter how much I argued against that, it was no good, so it wasn't for me.

It all rests on my GP appointment this Thursday; whether he thinks Lipotrim would be compatable with the amount of diabetic medications I am on. (I was refused Cambridge by their Head Office because of my meds).

Anyway, can I have the link either on private message on on this forum of your before photos, and if you put the link for the after photos on the same thread that will be great.

Best wishes to you and other posters,
Pam

Hi there Lady in London. Hop you go on OK at your appointment today. Let us know.
My "before" pictures are on
Public Album
There are very few, as I would never have my photo taken, but the Lighter Life Counsellor took "official" before photos, so I do have an accurate record of how I looked when I started. Scared is how I looked - and I was!!!
For me though, it's how I feel, and what I can do, that are more important really, than how I look.
You absolutely CAN do it.
You can e mail me anytime [email protected]
take care, Ann xxx

Wow Ann, now I know why Mini recommended that I view your before pics. What a transformation! You look amazing. Well done. I will post on this forum tomorrow after seeing my GP. It will take a few more days before I start it as I need to get LT to send my GP a Doctor's pack if he is interested. Then I will have to buy the LT by credit card over phone and it is delivered by courier next day to the GP. I will post on here tomorrow evening.
Again, well done on your weight loss and thanks for encouragement.
Pam

we are all with you on this

hello lady in london
i do hope your doc says yes i,m sure he will i,m on lipotrim and my doc recomended it so some know about it its the best thing i have ever done i,ve lost 4st 8lb so far and thats in 10 weeks and before i started i was taking 3x4 painkillers aday and my blood pressure tablets now i take no pain killers and now half the blood pressure tablet so i feel much better
the only reason i chose lipotrim is i read into all vlcd and this is recomended by doc and they use it i had to lose weight for medical reasons plus i was fet up being looked down upon
you will suscced i,m sure i,ll be back tommorow to see how you get on
debbie

Thanks for that message. Well done on that amazing loss in such a short time.

I am astounded by all the weight losses in such a quick amount of time on VLCDs.

I have been inundated with messages of good luck for my GP appointment this afternoon. I had never heard of these VLCDs (apart from Slimfast), before last July when I was searching the net as my dietician recommended 500 cals a day but with food. She didn't recommend CD, LT or LL and I never questioned her. Was looking on net how to go about having 500 cals a day with food, when I found out about these meal replacements.

I also feel that I will probably be more likely to get permission from my GP for Lipotrim rather than Cambridge, but perhaps may move to Cambridge after I have lost a few stone, as I hear that Lipotrim products can be rather tasteless.

Not sure how much I weigh now but was 192 kgs last July and I feel as though I may have gained as I feel heavier since then. I feel rather perplexed as to why my GP after all these years, has never suggested a VLCD to me. I am now 52 years old. Was he going just to let my weight get higher and higher?

I have got to keep my cool this afternoon and not get too emotional. I will take some Bach Rescue Remedy before I go there so I will appear calm! I will post back on this thread either this evening or tomorrow.

wishing you luck today

hello lady in london
good luck when you go to the doctor if he doe,nt know about lipotrim gather infor for them from the chemist have you one near you if he has,nt ask him if it would do you any harm if you tried it anyway it can only do you good surly they must think that losing weight however which way is better than being overweight and everything that comes with it eh
yes the shakes are not the best but you get use to them thers vanilla strawberry choc and chicken soup and they do 2 bars to which are yukk i,m afraid i don,t mind them being bland if i liked them i,d probebley try to drink more i just think of it as a medicine i have to take 3 times a day
and the most important thing is its really working for me
where about in london do you live my daughter has just moved up there to work and i miss her like mad !
anyway fingers crossed for you
debbie xx

Good luck for this afternoon Lady-in-London!!

6506.jpg

Wow, thanks all for the vibes. I am leaving in a few minutes. To the poster above who said LT can't do me harm, the thing is I am on a diabetic drug called Rosiglitazone which may stop me from doing LT. Cambridge Diet wont accept me because I am on that drug, so it means my doc may have to decide whether I stay on the drug or stop it. That's why I am so nervous.
Anyway, I am leaving soonish and will post back later tonight or tomorrow.
Bye all and thanks for wishes.

Hi, me again. Well, I saw my GP yesterday afternoon. He had never heard of Lipotrim. He read a couple of sheets I had printed out off the Lipotrim site. Whilst I was there he emailed the Consultant at the Diabetic Dept at my hospital. If I haven't heard from my GP by 18 Sept I have to contact him and chase him up. In the meantime, I have been advised by one or two on here to cut down on carbs so am more prepared for LT. I can easily give up my wholemeal bread, but may find giving up jacket potatoes and fruits hard to give up. I love my nectarines.

Anyway, best wishes to you all and thanks so much for your good wishes, and I hope to report back in a week or so that I am able to do LT.

Have a great weekend

It's sounding very positive LiL ... your GP didn't give you an out-and-out 'NO'. :)

You're right to have a go at reducing your carbs before you start on a VLCD: it'll make getting into ketosis a LOT easier. I know it's hard to give up the things you love so much (and who doesn't like a jacket spud??) so try doing a bit of trading .... have half a jacket spud and increase the protein side: extra tuna (go easy on the mayo & make it low fat) or more chicken or prawns. Beef up the salad (not too many tomatoes - they're carby) and your plate will look full and you will FEEL full.

The key is the protein: it's a real filler and curbs the hunger.

Good luck - keep us posted!!

lpotrm

hello i, m mummy debbie and i,m on lipotrim to i have read your post ref your diabatiies etc and what the doctor said etc i do hope you don,t think i,m being rude but i contacted lipotrim myself on your behalf saying it was me hope you did,nt mind just easier thank trying to explain please don,t do anything before you talk to you doctor but thins is the mail i sent and recived just thought it might help and give a little more hope i know people who do this lipotrim who are diabetic but can,t do lighterlife or the cambridge only lipotrim i have been waiing all morning to hear how you got on
debbie

[email protected]

The diet is ideal for you, but your doctor will have to stop your medication before you start the diet. On Lipotrim, your blood sugar will normalise within a few days and unless your medication is stopped, you are likely to go hypo. Only your doctor can stop your medication.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: important advice on lipotrm

hello can you tell me if i can do lipotrim
i,m a diabetic and take Rosiglitazone hopefully i will be able to can you advise please
debbie

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/437 - Release Date: 04/09/​

Back