Please sw help me loose weight

Thank u so much for not giving up on I feel totally rubbish ur right though one thing I truelly like is my need for loads of junk food has gone and am quite happy with 2 sw bars I bought a writing pad yesterday I think what I will do is write some speed foods that I like and stick it on the side of my fridge I don't like bacon I think am the only person who doesn't we're do u think I am going wrong thank u also as I think I need to cut butter down I do measure it but I most probly have a large tea spoon lol it's so annoying x

HEALTH WARNING THIS IS A VERY LONG ANSWER - TRIED BUT COULDN'T SHORTEN IT & ANSWER YOUR QUESTION PROPERLY!!

Ah - we never give up on anyone here :) think lots of have really struggled to diet for weeks/months/years on end and I know that lots of people love SW and do well on it - but I also have friends and read on here - how people struggle with SW and give up - so don't be hard on you!

You're starting to get the hang of it now - well done on buying a notebook and putting your fave speed foods. If u keep at it you'll get there - yes it's slow, annoying, frustrating etc but if we really want to lose weight and keep going we'll get there in the end.

Yes it maybe unusual not to like bacon but it's not that healthy with all the salt and you'll never crave a bacon butty like I do :eat:

I don't think you're going wrong - I think it takes us all a while to get round SW plus you have a little one to think of too - all the free food on SW means we can eat lots of it if we want (SW does say - only to eat when we're hungry - not like me - when I eat when I'm bored or just fancy something!

To help to get more familiar with SW and when you've got time I think it might help you to write a list with a few ideas for breakfast, lunch, tea, snacks and treats - then do the same with your Healthy Extras and things you have for treats using your syns - you could put them in your notebook or on the fridge too if there's room!

Choose things that you'd enjoy and include some quick and easy meals/snacks you can make or buy so you'll never be stuck for ideas and end up eating something that's not SW friendly!

That might help with your shopping as well and you'll always have ideas for each meal or snack.

And I think the most important thing of all is to plan your food each day in advance and write it down at least until you're losing weight regularly - I know it's a bind but I think it works - you can always change things around if you change your mind by lunch time!

SW provides printed forms for you to write your food down - did you get some when you started? You could ask at class for some more - then fill it in this week then hand it into your SW consultant and she'll look at it and give you advice.

Or if you'd prefer - post it on her and I'll look at it for you - others might comment with helpful ideas too,

It's really important to include everything - here's an example - it's based on your post today but I've put other things in just to help you:

B'fast: 1 slice of large thick loaf HEB,

cheese x grams HEA plus any syns if it was more than a HEA as in the book?
xx for a third speed

2 level teaspoons butter x syns

cup of tea/coffee no milk x amount of full cream/semi skimmed/skimmed milk

Lunch:
Fried egg,
x amount of oil x syns, or if you use Frylight that's free,
baked beans and xxxx for a third speed

drink/s

Tea:

Uncle Ben's Mexican rice with chicken
Uncle Bens Special Mexican Style Rice (250g pouch) 3 syns OR
Uncle Bens Special Mexican Bean Rice (250g pouch) 4 syns OR
Uncle Bens Special Spicy Mexican Style Rice (250g pouch ) 4½ syns

chicken - whether it was cooked with oil or sauce or anything? If so was it free or xx syns

peppers and onion (add any oil if you used any) was that a third speed - well done either way for inc some veggies!

Drink/s: how many and how much if it's not water or free from syns or you're using your HEA for measured milk

Snacks: write if it was a free food - HEA or HEB - and or include syns

HEALTH WARNING THIS IS A VERY LONG ANSWER - TRIED BUT COULDN'T SHORTEN IT & ANSWER YOUR QUESTION PROPERLY!!

Ah - we never give up on anyone here :) think lots of have really struggled to diet for weeks/months/years on end and I know that lots of people love SW and do well on it - but I also have friends and read on here - how people struggle with SW and give up - so don't be hard on you!

You're starting to get the hang of it now - well done on buying a notebook and putting your fave speed foods. If u keep at it you'll get there - yes it's slow, annoying, frustrating etc but if we really want to lose weight and keep going we'll get there in the end.

Yes it maybe unusual not to like bacon but it's not that healthy with all the salt and you'll never crave a bacon butty like I do :eat:

I don't think you're going wrong - I think it takes us all a while to get round SW plus you have a little one to think of too - all the free food on SW means we can eat lots of it if we want (SW does say - only to eat when we're hungry - not like me - when I eat when I'm bored or just fancy something!

To help to get more familiar with SW and when you've got time I think it might help you to write a list with a few ideas for breakfast, lunch, tea, snacks and treats - then do the same with your Healthy Extras and things you have for treats using your syns - you could put them in your notebook or on the fridge too if there's room!

Choose things that you'd enjoy and include some quick and easy meals/snacks you can make or buy so you'll never be stuck for ideas and end up eating something that's not SW friendly!

That might help with your shopping as well and you'll always have ideas for each meal or snack.

And I think the most important thing of all is to plan your food each day in advance and write it down at least until you're losing weight regularly - I know it's a bind but I think it works - you can always change things around if you change your mind by lunch time!

SW provides printed forms for you to write your food down - did you get some when you started? You could ask at class for some more - then fill it in this week then hand it into your SW consultant and she'll look at it and give you advice.

Or if you'd prefer - post it on her and I'll look at it for you - others might comment with helpful ideas too,

It's really important to include everything - here's an example - it's based on your post today but I've put other things in just to help you:

B'fast: 1 slice of large thick loaf HEB,

cheese x grams HEA plus any syns if it was more than a HEA as in the book?
xx for a third speed

2 level teaspoons butter x syns

cup of tea/coffee no milk x amount of full cream/semi skimmed/skimmed milk

Lunch:
Fried egg,
x amount of oil x syns, or if you use Frylight that's free,
baked beans and xxxx for a third speed

drink/s

Tea:

Uncle Ben's Mexican rice with chicken
Uncle Bens Special Mexican Style Rice (250g pouch) 3 syns OR
Uncle Bens Special Mexican Bean Rice (250g pouch) 4 syns OR
Uncle Bens Special Spicy Mexican Style Rice (250g pouch ) 4½ syns

chicken - whether it was cooked with oil or sauce or anything? If so was it free or xx syns

peppers and onion (add any oil if you used any) was that a third speed - well done either way for inc some veggies!

Drink/s: how many and how much if it's not water or free from syns or you're using your HEA for measured milk

Snacks: write if it was a free food - HEA or HEB - and or include syns
Aww u are a diamond so emotional with the support and time u are giving me I i went to class and tbh I weren't going to go but I did I got that horrible knot feeling in my stomach I stayed the same I have some food diarys and will write everything on here I eat and drink and properly I use fry light as I know the oil uses syns and I would not measure lol I picked up a sw recipe book today for 5 pound was going to buy it but then I thought stop being lazy and get writing the recipes and I got some lovely muller light yogurts from Tesco I Also stayed for class wich went in for agers and Andre was getting a bit to loud so I left hope ur ok Hun it's half 10 now and am bloody shattered already in bed thank u so much for ur msg xxx

You're welcome - I'm happy to help - I've had lots of kind people helping me over the time when I was struggling so I know how you feel.

So chuffed you stayed the same YaY!! So this week is better than the last one angother YaY! Know what you mean about not going cos you think you'll have a gain - I try not yo do it but I do sometimes - like last week after Easter :( Glad you stayed to class did it help? Hee Hee about Andre.

The SW food diaries are a really good idea but sometimes I find there's not enough room for all the food I eat :O But the lady that runs my class says she's the same and to just write the other stuff on a piece of paper LOL

If you want to and if you have time - post on here too and I'll try to help. Glad you use frylight - oil's such a waste of our HEB or syns eh?

Think you did the right thing not buying the recipe book too - if you're anything like me - you won't like some of them ;)
Do you go on the SW website - lots of recipes on there and I think the ones from the books too - probably not straight after they come out - but later on.

Mullerlights have lots of flavours don't they - don't know if you shop at Aldi - I do and they have copied Mullerlight and they're free :)

Have a good SW week!! xxx

You're welcome - I'm happy to help - I've had lots of kind people helping me over the time when I was struggling so I know how you feel.

So chuffed you stayed the same YaY!! So this week is better than the last one angother YaY! Know what you mean about not going cos you think you'll have a gain - I try not yo do it but I do sometimes - like last week after Easter :( Glad you stayed to class did it help? Hee Hee about Andre.

The SW food diaries are a really good idea but sometimes I find there's not enough room for all the food I eat :O But the lady that runs my class says she's the same and to just write the other stuff on a piece of paper LOL

If you want to and if you have time - post on here too and I'll try to help. Glad you use frylight - oil's such a waste of our HEB or syns eh?

Think you did the right thing not buying the recipe book too - if you're anything like me - you won't like some of them ;)
Do you go on the SW website - lots of recipes on there and I think the ones from the books too - probably not straight after they come out - but later on.

Mullerlights have lots of flavours don't they - don't know if you shop at Aldi - I do and they have copied Mullerlight and they're free :)

Have a good SW week!! xxx
hi Hun I do need to start going to Aldi at the minute I like the ready cooked chicken fillets I think when I next get payed I will go the Aldi and make shure my phone is charged so annoying when u buy something and the syns are sky high the meeting was the leader going through the book a lot of new members to I was thinking if I got strawberrys and blended them with fat free yogurt would that be ok as a speed food will pop over to your thread now xx

Breakfast harvest morn sryrup oats sachet with milk 7 syns

Dinner pasta n Sauce pot 1 syn melon tangerine and some lemon water

Tea chicken fillets already cooked skin removed fryed in chicken seasoning and fry light tomatoes lettuce and cucumber with lighter than light mayonnaise

Last edited:
I thought I would do Andre porridge this morning wich he refused so I eat it and discovered how much I miss porridge I think I will get some strawberrys and blueberrys and have 40 g of plain oats next time 🙂

Woo Woo - a great start to the week - I love it when I remember or find a food that suits SW diet! Is there room in your tum for a third speed food either now or a bit later if you're full :classic_smile:

Good idea to buy the oats - you can have them as a HEB next time :classic_big_grin: and it'll be lovely with the fruit!

Woo Woo - a great start to the week - I love it when I remember or find a food that suits SW diet! Is there room in your tum for a third speed food either now or a bit later if you're full :classic_smile:

Good idea to buy the oats - you can have them as a HEB next time :classic_big_grin: and it'll be lovely with the fruit!
Hi Hun I know only I must measure I know u get 40 g wich is quite a lot I am going to have some melon now and a tangerine rain has gone of so I am goin Tesco for some fruit and salad and runner beans yumi lol xx

Wow you're really going for it now - it'll be worth it when you get on the scales next week! xx

Wow you're really going for it now - it'll be worth it when you get on the scales next week! xx
thank u Hun very disappointed I got a tefal air fryer didn't cook are chips properly I have had a nice tea and also took a pic small step only I am proud I am eating salad bought blueberry blackberrys and raspberry u ok Hun x

Oh that's a pain - I haven't got an air fryer so can't help - do you know anyone who's got one that you could ask I wonder.

Sending these links - the chips in the 2nd link look good - might be worth looking at. Google but didn't watch or read - so not sure if it's done the SW way or whether the chips wd be tasty!

https://www.tefal.co.uk/recipe/Real-Crispy-Chips/107871

Glad you've had a nice tea - well done on the pic ;) lots of speed too - well done - a great day - hope you feel full - don't forget your synned treats!

I'm fine had a busy day doing bits and bobs - exercise and now supposed to be cooking a chilli but waiting for the onions to cook :) I feel hungry now! x

Last edited:
Oh that's a pain - I haven't got an air fryer so can't help - do you know anyone who's got one that you could ask I wonder.

Found these on Google but didn't watch or read - so not sure if it's done the SW way or whether the chips wd be tasty!

https://www.tefal.co.uk/recipe/Real-Crispy-Chips/107871

Glad you've had a nice tea - well done on the pic ;) lots of speed too - well done - a great day - hope you feel full - don't forget your synned treats!

I'm fine had a busy day doing bits and bobs - exercise and now supposed to be cooking a chilli but waiting for the onions to cook :) I feel hungry now! x
chilli sounds delish will u be uploading a pic lol has my pic came up I carnt see it I am going to have 2 sw bars for my b choice and got some new crisps from Tesco will check syns now xx

Had a good day food wise I got some super sweet blueberrys so nice and I got a natural fat free plain yogurt and added blueberry raspberry and blackberry with some sweetener was lovely and my baby enjoyed it to

Breakfast 40g porridge with milk with blueberrys raspberrys blackberry

Dinner was not hungry 2 big beakers lemon water and sw bar 3 syns

Tea boiled rice spring onion curry and fish batter removed 6 syns

Blueberrys and a mullerlight

Sorry I've been missing - been really busy - wow you're doing so well a great day again today! Wish I could eat as little as you :classic_smile:

Spring onion curry sounds lovely too and great willpower to take off the batter on your fish - that's the best bit for me!

You're heading for a good loss this week!

I can't see your foodie pic & no I won't be posting my food :classic_roll_eyes: it's usual tasty but it doesn't look pretty v often hee hee! x

Sorry I've been missing - been really busy - wow you're doing so well a great day again today! Wish I could eat as little as you :classic_smile:

Spring onion curry sounds lovely too and great willpower to take off the batter on your fish - that's the best bit for me!

You're heading for a good loss this week!

I can't see your foodie pic & no I won't be posting my food :classic_roll_eyes: it's usual tasty but it doesn't look pretty v often hee hee! x
hi Hun I saw in ur thread about ur bathroom being fixed hope it's getting there for u Hun must be so annoying the spring onions with the rice was very nice indeed I need to look up the syns of the curry Powder as I could make it myself and save some money it's a bonus aswell as Andre will eat it as long as not spicy I really hope I get some sort of loss even a pound will do x

Wow Sunday already I carnt believe I have actually stuck to the plan weather is cold today this morning has consisted of me playing around with my baby now I think his morning nap is ready to happen 🙂

Breakfast 2 sausages beans egg and mushroom 4 syns coffee A choice for milk

Thanks the bathroom's been an nightmare - Phil's been working on it for 4 weeks now and nowhere near finished poor thing cos he's had to rip out what 2 builders did in a week :(

Curry powder's free - so happy days for you with that - I'm going to try spring onions in rice now ;) Andre's doing well to eat curry :)

Nice b'fast - you're doing really well - hopefully you'll get rewarded with a nice loss this week! x

Thanks the bathroom's been an nightmare - Phil's been working on it for 4 weeks now and nowhere near finished poor thing cos he's had to rip out what 2 builders did in a week :(

Curry powder's free - so happy days for you with that - I'm going to try spring onions in rice now ;) Andre's doing well to eat curry :)

Nice b'fast - you're doing really well - hopefully you'll get rewarded with a nice loss this week! x
hi Hun oh that is terrible it annoys me so much at the prices these cowboy builders charge do u know wich curry Powder is free pls Hun this is a makeway one like the chippy I am so angry with myself I did plan to have a small roast with Andre ended up in mc Donald's I had a quarter pounder meal was absaloutly discuisting then a Mcflury shocking 67 syns Andre enjoyed his nuggets with chips taxi there and back cost just over 10 pound I will not be doing this again I am going to try and not have many syns from now and lots of speed mainly fruit will pop over to u now xx

Back