Please sw help me loose weight

Hey @Georginaungi

Just reread your thread to get some idea of why you aren't losing do here comes some "tough Love" i.e.telling it like it is to try to help you😁

You say "I'm following SW, I don't know why it's not working etc." Now bear in mind that I know SW works as I have lost 2 stone. That leaves two possibilities:
1 - There is a physical reason why you aren't losing eg plateauing, thyroid problem, etc
2. - You aren't following the SW plan properly.

Reading back through your diary I found all of the following in the past couple of weeks:
* I guessed my syns
* I've been totally off plan today
* I had a slice of cake and some yorkie
* I don't have enough speed food

While it might be worth seeing the doctor to rule out any physical cause, I really think you can do it if you get your head in the zone and have a few weeks 100% on plan.

I've been struggling this weekand falling off the wagon a bit. I go on holiday in 4 weeks and have 3 weigh ins left before holiday.

How about we have a pact that we both stay 100 % on plan for the next 3 weeks? No cheating, no temptation. I keep telling myself that 3 weeks is no time at all and if I can t have enough willpower and discipline to follow an easy diet just for 3 weeks then I've got no hope in life!

Let me know if you are in!
Hi Hun thank u for ur msg it is annoying as the same thing happened at ww as soon as I got to 13 stone I would gain a week loose a week stay the same but that's a diffrent story if 3 weeks am adamant you can loose a vew pounds in them weeks Hun I will try my best to be good u are amazing how have u been today x

Hi Hun I go to a meeting every Thursday I am going to write everything xx

It is annoying when you aren't losing but others around you are. We are all different so writing down everything someone maybe able to point something out to you. Like I know if some eat yoghurts they don't loss or if they eat too many carbs. Portion sizes can also be a factor. Also some members got to be careful on how many bananas they eat.Are you drinking enough?

Write down a few days food on here and we can look over it for you. I'm sure the members here will help you.:)

Good to see you posting Georgina - how's your day been?

I was glad to see you're going to a SW class - not always easy with a little one - but if you take your food diaries to class - if you're not happy with your weigh in - give your consultant your food diary and she'll ring you to discuss - she/he'll be trained & know what to look for & she/he's there to help you.

You're getting good advice from the girls here - I really think if you follow their suggestions for a whole week - you'll be rewarded with a lovely loss - good luck. :classic_roll_eyes:

Hi Hun going ok thank u had a delish roast and a nice day with my friend just settled my baby and in bed to how are u xx

Glad you enjoyed your roast and you and your little one are in bed chilling.

I'm fine thanks had a good dieting day for a change :classic_roll_eyes: - my SW class in on Tues - so need to be on best behaviour 2moro :classic_big_grin:

But my grown up son fractured his foot today - he's ok but can't work this week and he's going on a surfing holiday the following week so he's disappointed - poor thing.

It is annoying when you aren't losing but others around you are. We are all different so writing down everything someone maybe able to point something out to you. Like I know if some eat yoghurts they don't loss or if they eat too many carbs. Portion sizes can also be a factor. Also some members got to be careful on how many bananas they eat.Are you drinking enough?

Write down a few days food on here and we can look over it for you. I'm sure the members here will help you.:)
Hi Hun I know what u mean about some people need to watch certain foods as it can stall your loss I got quite obsessed with porrige wile I was doing ww even though it's meant to be good for u when I joined sw I changed to weetabix as a b choice I also made the mistake of getting volvic flavoured water I now get shugar free hope ur ok I must find ur diary to xx

Good to see you posting Georgina - how's your day been?

I was glad to see you're going to a SW class - not always easy with a little one - but if you take your food diaries to class - if you're not happy with your weigh in - give your consultant your food diary and she'll ring you to discuss - she/he'll be trained & know what to look for & she/he's there to help you.

You're getting good advice from the girls here - I really think if you follow their suggestions for a whole week - you'll be rewarded with a lovely loss - good luck. :classic_roll_eyes:
Hi Hun thank u for ur msg yesterday was really nice I went to my friends for a lovely roast dinner she used to do sw so she done the potatoes the way she would of when following plan it went a bit downhill with the piece of cake cadburys mini egg I thief came home had a coffee slice of melon and I was feeling really negative like iv done bad and wanted chocolate instead I took myself to bed saved myself some damage lol I have took my diary in and leader said I not having enough speed I had another look and I love runner beans so I am going to get some tins fingers crossed xx

Glad you enjoyed your roast and you and your little one are in bed chilling.

I'm fine thanks had a good dieting day for a change :classic_roll_eyes: - my SW class in on Tues - so need to be on best behaviour 2moro :classic_big_grin:

But my grown up son fractured his foot today - he's ok but can't work this week and he's going on a surfing holiday the following week so he's disappointed - poor thing.
Aww sorry to hear about ur son hope to god it's not to painful what time do u weigh in hope them scales are good to u 🙂X

Aww sorry to hear about ur son hope to god it's not to painful what time do u weigh in hope them scales are good to u 🙂X

Thanks - he wasn't in pain yesterday but he is today - so he's going back to the hospital to ask for crutches - they didn't think he needed them yesterday cos he wasn't in pain and could walk ok & he was fine with that at the time.

Hi everyone hope yous are ok here's the start of my diary 🙂

Breakfast. Poached egg with toast and butter 2 syns bread is my b choice

Ooh nice brekkie for 2 syns and the B choice!

Hi everyone hope yous are ok here's the start of my diary 🙂

Breakfast. Poached egg with toast and butter 2 syns bread is my b choice

A great start - today's a new day - forget about yesterday's hiccup - we all have day's like that!

A vew of my sons crisps he's having chippy with his grandad I am so hungry but I refused

Ah you did well there to resist the chippy meal esp cos you're hungry! Well done :classic_smile: Lunch sounds nice - was there any speed in there? Let us know if you want to stop reminding you all the time :classic_roll_eyes:

Ah you did well there to resist the chippy meal esp cos you're hungry! Well done :classic_smile: Lunch sounds nice - was there any speed in there? Let us know if you want to stop reminding you all the time :classic_roll_eyes:
Hi Hun I know they had special chow mein no I like to be reminded it helps me I only had runner beans half a tin so not that good but I am pleased I still have syns left now I feel like a apple but far to tired xx

You're having speed food so that's good - if speed's a third of every meal (either fruit or veg) you'll definitely lose more (as long as you're following the plan too of course :classic_smile::classic_big_grin::classic_wink: ) x

Last edited:
I feel your pain I'm 13st 2lb and its so hard with me it's will power I needed 1.5lbs last week for my half a stone me and I lost 1lb and this week I feel like iv sabotaged myself and ate loads of the wrong things so I reckon il of put on.

Back