Please sw help me loose weight

I've just had a quick look on SW website - the recipe section has 191 sauces o_O hope you find one you fancy!
Q
I think SW wants to 'spend' our syns however we like - for example if we're going out for food, party, wedding etc - if we wanted to we could save lots of syns for that occasion and keep our syns on the other days quite low or even not have any at all (I'd find that really hard to do o_O tho but everyone's different aren't they? )

But if we did that all the time - some of us might find that we were missing out on regular treats and that cd end up in a binge.

Some things make our foods tastier & allow us to have treats & stuff that make our foods tastier & allows us to have treats like wine, choc, tomato ketchup, mayo, butter, ice cream, sweets etc

So really it's up to us - to plan how SW will work out best for us - that takes a bit of time but worth it I think :)

I think after a few weeks - we all work out how we want to use SW and the syns, HEAs and HEBs - I think SW is quite a complicated diet to get our heads around but for me it's worth working it all out cos it's so flexible and there's nothing we can't have - we just need to decide how to spend our syns and healthy extras!!

You could ask during the SW class discussion what your consultant thinks/recommends and ask the class members how they manage their syns - no need to be shy - most people like talking about the way they use SW esp when they've had a good loss that week - I've learned loads from classes over the years!

Blimey that's a bit long - hope it doesn't sound like a teacher running a class of children! x
thank u for ur reply luv am so stressed out had to call the police this morning for my ex who won't leave me alone just at a cafe having poached egg on toast willcatch up soon xx

Ah I'm sorry to hear about your ex. You're doing well to eat a healthy b'fast - take care xx

Ah I'm sorry to hear about your ex. You're doing well to eat a healthy b'fast - take care xx
Thank u Hun I did go into Sayers to get my baby a sausage roll I really wanted a cheese pasty I was so determination I want one and to hell with it and I came away with nothing I am going to have a chicken fillet I think with some rice I not hungry at all xx

Well done on not buying that pasty - you did really well to do that! Enjoy your meal later - glad you're not hungry!

Breakfast. Poached egg on toast from cafe brown sauce 10 syns rough guess as I did have a lot of brown sauce
Dinner. Uncle bens Mexican rice 2 half syns and a chicken fillet done in a Maggie seasoning pouch think it's 1 syn
2 packets of space raider 6 syns half s piece of toast

Last edited:
Breakfast. Poached egg on toast from cafe brown sauce 10 syns rough guess as I did have a lot of brown sauce
Dinner. Uncle bens Mexican rice 2 half syns and a chicken fillet done in a Maggie seasoning pouch think it's 1 syn

Woo Woo - go you!! That's a great day - good luck at class 2moro and let us know how you get on!

Thank u Hun since then I have had uncle bens Mexican rice and a chicken fillet donebin a herbs packet thing quite nice how are u doing I get weighed tomorrow xx[/QUOTE

Glad you enjoyed the rice thing - things like that are handy to have in the cupboard. When you've got time you might be able to make it from scratch - will work out much cheaper in the long run - esp if you go to Aldi/Lidl/B&M or one of those type of shops - I love a bargain so only shop in those - unless I really need something I can't get in those ;)

Woo Woo - go you!! That's a great day - good luck at class 2moro and let us know how you get on!
Thank u Hun I forgot how nice pickled onion space raiders were and I just bought already cooked chicken fillets I am dreading it to be honest I am so used to seeing a gain or sts

I really want to eat everything my emotions have got the better of me today and once again dreading weigh in hope everyone is ok x

Well that's understandable after what's happened today - life gets in the way of diets sometimes - today's nearly over and considering what's happened I think you've done really well :0clapper:I'm sure your consultant and the people in class will support you & give you ideas'

I think the important thing is to keep going to class whatever the scales may say - you'll never puts loads on if you do that - yes we all have gains - big ones at times - did you see I gained 9.5lbs when I couldn't get to class for 4 weeks recently! Plus by going to class you'll learn lots of things that other people do - lots of good ideas out there!! Sleep tight and let us know how you get on! x

Thank u Hun I forgot how nice pickled onion space raiders were and I just bought already cooked chicken fillets I am dreading it to be honest I am so used to seeing a gain or sts

That flavour of space raiders is only 3 syns - so fill your boots!!

I know how you feel about going 2moro cos I've been there so many times myself - Doreen has too - know she won't mind me saying that! But try to think of it this way - most people who go to slimming classes are there cos they're struggling with their weight - yes some only want to lose a few pounds but I've not seen many of those in the 20 years I've been doing SW.

Also the consultants wd be out of a job if people got to target v quickly :) so we're doing the consultants a favour by losing slowly and gaining hee hee!

Seriously tho - go in with your head up high - take all the support on offer - walk out telling yourself last week's gone - new start on Saturday - then let us know how you got on and you'll get more support!! x

That flavour of space raiders is only 3 syns - so fill your boots!!

I know how you feel about going 2moro cos I've been there so many times myself - Doreen has too - know she won't mind me saying that! But try to think of it this way - most people who go to slimming classes are there cos they're struggling with their weight - yes some only want to lose a few pounds but I've not seen many of those in the 20 years I've been doing SW.

Also the consultants wd be out of a job if people got to target v quickly :) so we're doing the consultants a favour by losing slowly and gaining hee hee!

Seriously tho - go in with your head up high - take all the support on offer - walk out telling yourself last week's gone - new start on Saturday - then let us know how you got on and you'll get more support!! x
Very good for 3 syns crisps used to be my weakness also hot chips with full fat mayo I havnt bought full fat mayo in years lol very true about are classes I have had poached egg on toast and going to have some uncle bens rice for dinner have u had anything yummy for breakfast x

One way to really understand why mayonaisse of any kind is so bad for weight gain, is to make it yourself. Homemade mayonaisse is absolutely gorgeous, but it's essentially just lots and lots of oil, thickened up and flavoured. Eeek. Making it myself (yummy though it undoubtedly is) made me ditch it forever. Sad but there you go!

One way to really understand why mayonaisse of any kind is so bad for weight gain, is to make it yourself. Homemade mayonaisse is absolutely gorgeous, but it's essentially just lots and lots of oil, thickened up and flavoured. Eeek. Making it myself (yummy though it undoubtedly is) made me ditch it forever. Sad but there you go!
I have never thought of making it myself I tend to stick to light mayo wich Isint very nice x

Well I am back from weigh in got the shy msis from the chippy and I am delighted to say I have lost 3 pound I carnt thank you all enough for helping me realise speed food is the key to good losses so happy x

Very good for 3 syns crisps used to be my weakness also hot chips with full fat mayo I havnt bought full fat mayo in years lol very true about are classes I have had poached egg on toast and going to have some uncle bens rice for dinner have u had anything yummy for breakfast x

Hoping your WI goes well - didn't realise SW had classes on Bank Holidays - that's good tho - yes 3 syns is a great for a treat!

At the mo - I have a 2 egg omelette, bacon and brown sauce every day with some speed fruit!

Well I am back from weigh in got the shy msis from the chippy and I am delighted to say I have lost 3 pound I carnt thank you all enough for helping me realise speed food is the key to good losses so happy x

Wow - well done - you worked hard for that :thankyouthankyou:- it's a great feeling to have a good loss like that! Hope you'll have a third of your b'fast as speed :classic_wink: x

Well done on your loss. Seems like you are getting into the swing of things now and the main thing is just to put any bad days behind you and start afresh the next day. I had a shocker yesterday - 25Syns😲!! Back on it today though 😁

Well done on your loss. Seems like you are getting into the swing of things now and the main thing is just to put any bad days behind you and start afresh the next day. I had a shocker yesterday - 25Syns😲!! Back on it today though 😁
Thank u Hun apart from today I went to town for my baby's traineys a picture done half price and had a Burger King I will be from tomorrow trying to have 10 syns will u be cutting down on ur syns or starting a fresh from today xx

Back