PLEASE tell me ProPoints works!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by SineadKD, 3 May 2011 Social URL.

1. SineadKD

SineadKD New Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, I'm new on here, desperately looking for motivation! Have missed two weigh ins (week 3 and 4) and have one tomorrow :eek:...Just wondering has anyone found the ProPoints successful? And it is paramount that complete strictness (i.e. of the 29 daily pps) is observed all week in order to lose weight?

Any comments much appreciated! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Claire-Bear*

*Claire-Bear* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting using MFP
    Hey, im pretty new, been on the pro points now for 18 days and ive lost 3 and a half pounds up to now .... for some thats not a lot but this diet is more of a lifestyle change you can carry on for life than to use it to yo yo diet with ....... i have stuck religiously to the 29pp a day ... and used about half of my weeklies a week, some ppl use all theirs up every week and still loose 2/4 pounds ..... its a fab diet that i deffo recommend as you learn so much about portion sizes, etc ... and knowing which is the better food to eat for the points .... good luck with it all :cool: xxxx

4. jellybellybeans

jellybellybeans Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Hi I'm new too! And I have yet to start WW PP (patiently waiting to receive my starter kit in the post this week) and I'm interested in peoples average loses too!
    Good luck!

5. Bindi

Bindi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Hi all,
    Yes I think pp works. Ive 27.5lbs gone since joining, I started on 33pp and have been down to 29pp for about the last 4-5 weeks. I eat my 29 dailies each day and use up my 49 weeklies and sometimes a little more. I have never been hungry, I also generally walk at least 3-4 times a week for an hour at a time.
    Good luck

6. jellybellybeans

jellybellybeans Member

Diet:
    Thank you Bindi and congratulations on your loss so far.
    Good Luck!

7. jellybellybeans

jellybellybeans Member

Diet:
    Hi Claire, I agree and its all relative depending on how much you have to lose, and you dont have much by the looks of things.
    Thanks for the information and goodluck!

8. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi folks

i am on my 8th week of propoints and on 29 daily points and i use every single one of them each day and all my weekly points

my weight isn't dropping as quickly as some peoples but it is dropping so i am happy with that!

i really think it is trial and error until you find out what suits you best x

9. mimsickle

mimsickle Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.94%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I started weightwatchers last summer so did a couple of months on the old discover plan and then switched to propoints when it was introduced and i reached my goal weight last November and lost a bit more since then. I was on 29 points and used to use them all and all of my weeklies and was loosing 1.5-2lb most weeks on propoints. I think its a great system and stopped me doing things like eating hardly anything for 5 days so i could save points for a treat like i used to on the old plan.

Best of luck to those who have just started :D

10. phatmomma

phatmomma Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(24.41%)
    Diet:
    gastric bypass working in conjunction with weight watchers pro points
    I'm on week 4 and 8lbs down.... I absolutely love it, loving activity points too, if you exercise you get the option to eat a bit more or have a treat :) xx

11. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i started with discover back in june and changed to pp in Jan and there's no way i'd go back,,i love it!!! stck to your points daily and dont feel guitly about using your weeklies if you need them,,good luck on your journey:)

12. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    You should be eating your dailies, and as many of your weeklies as possible. The system has been designed by the ww boffins so that you will lose weight with this guideline, as long as you are pointing things properly and counting every single thing :) If you eat more than your dailies and weeklies, you won't lose weight. Simple as that.

I love propoints and will never go back to discover :)

13. Last_Attempt

Last_Attempt Banned

I'm loving pro points. I intend to do it for life. I haven't been hungry once, and have never eaten my weekly extras, and sometimes go below my daily allowance. Not on purpose, but just because I'm not feeling hungry. I now only eat when I'm hungry.

You can see my weight losses below.

14. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes- Pro Points works, but you have to follow the plan - not much point otherwise :)

15. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Im in week 28 now, and Ive lost 38.4lb in total, I only spent 2 weeks on discover and then switched to propoints and would never go back! Best plan ever :)

16. Redlady3

Redlady3 Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Pro Points
    I've found it great so far. Overall I've lost 7lbs and i'm in week 5. First two weeks used no weeklies, or very few, next weeks used all of them (birthday and easter) and still have had good consistant losses of 1lb - 2lbs.
    Love pro points, really feel like i'll actually be able to achieve my goal weight this time.

17. Atina Lladoog

Atina Lladoog Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(10.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've lost 34 lbs since January - so yes it works!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I am in week 4 and love this plan, only one so far I have managed any weight loss.
    I use all my dailies and my weeklies and top them up with activity points.
    As people have said its about making smart food choices. You realise this when you don't do it.
    This week I am expecting a gain, i am over my points with 2 days to go, but due to horrible week at work shift wise I have been grabbing all the wrong things, such as chocolate and pre made sandwiches, along with a few drinks this week.
    I am planning on a salad and exercise weekend this weekend to try and undo some of it :cry::cry::cry:
    Good luck, it is a good plan:)

20. GLL

GLL Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7%)
    Diet:
    Pro Points (Previously Cambridge)
    I do WW online but a friend does it via a class.
    regarding weeklies, her class leader says they are a safety net and not to be used as a regular part of your plan.
    Saying that plenty of people use them every week and still loose.
    Personally, I try not to use many of them and don't use them if its a regular day.
    29lb in 3 months :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.